Photo
- - - - -

Singularity, Red Faction: Arma (PS3), Rise of Nightmares (360), Blood Drive (360) $10

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

In for Singularity. I keep hearing pockets of good things about it.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#62 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

In for Singularity. I keep hearing pockets of good things about it.

Front or back pockets? I heard good things too, but maybe only as big as the watch pocket. ;)

#63 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Probably because Rebecca is cute, although somewhat jailbait-ish?

Both of them are friggin' weird-looking, hence the creeper for a baby.

#64 KHASN

KHASN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Will Amazon or Best Buy price match this? I remember BB having the same price on Singularity a couple months back.

Is anyone else getting close to being broke after all the BF and bundle deals?

#65 Mooplaid

Mooplaid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Sad to see people passing on Rise of Nightmares. It’s one of my favorite Kinect games, and I totally didn’t mind playing through it three times to get all of the achievements. I read some review where they said the motion navigation was clunky and they were running into walls. I did not experience this issue whatsoever and felt the “controls” were great; stepping forward to move and twisting your shoulders to turn became very natural to me early on. Using weapons has a certain kind of thrill to it as well, and for the most part this controls well too if you understand Kinect’s limitations/strengths.

The graphics and environments are bland, and the story probably leaves more to be desired, but I’d absolutely recommend this for $10. I paid $40+tax and have no regrets.

The reason I didn't comment on it is I don't have a Kinect. ;) Were I to think I might eventually get one, I might pick it up. However, I doubt I'll have my own Kinect before the new 360 system launches.

It's good that you enjoyed the game and have no regrets on your early purchase. It's not every game that one can say that about.
Man is at his best when things are at their worst.

#66 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Anyone know if Singularity has been cheaper? Swear to god Gamefly has had it for like $7-$9 with FS?

Best Buy had it on sale for $5 new last year during Black Friday.

#67 jfoul

jfoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Picked up Singularity.

Well, that's 15 games bought so far this month...

#68 Firefox59

Firefox59

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Picked up Singularity.

Well, that's 15 games bought so far this month...

Nice. I'm at 13 lol

#69 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Bought Singularity. Thanks OP for the article on it being an overlooked game.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#70 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

How much of that $10 will the developer get back on this one? I'm hoping for a sequel and want to show support, but not sure how this will help it. Tempted to buy a 2nd one for a X-mas gift if it will really make a dent in the process.

On a side note, buy some more copies of Valkyria Chronicles so Sega will give us #3 already!! Amazing game and the reason I bought a PS3 in the 1st place.