New Dragon Ball Z Movie in 2013

WiiGame

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
There is a new movie coming out for DBZ - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

This is gonna be the first DBZ movie since 1996! Their are two new villains never before seen in the series. It's coming out March 30, 2013 in Japan. It'll probably come to the USA too. Who is going to watch it!?!

6501hg.jpg

first trailer:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/dragon-ball-z-2013-movie-trailer/

some other info:
http://www.saiyanisland.com/tag/dragon-ball-z-2013-movie/

Looking forward to it, keep buying the games every year and am definitely excited to see some new stuff come out for the series!

same here sonic, I was thinking this was going to be live action LOL. did they ever go through with the live action film last time they tried? either way I'll be seeing this!

I posted the majority of this information in the anime thread like 3 months ago....

But they did just release some new info, so I guess it warrants a new thread and spreading of the word.

This is unquestionably coming to the US, and with Toriyama involved, I'm in.

So is it going to end w a one punch/ blast like every other movie after having their asses kicked throughout the final battle? God i hope not...

I got excited thinking this was a sequel to the live action movie.

I really wanted to see more of those characters.

Oh well.

Dragonball Evolution wasn't as terrible as people said. I watched it and I was bored, and it didn't piss me off like the trolls did.

I could care less when this new cartoon movie could fit in the timeline, especially since Toriyama's pacing barely gives the characters breathing room, minus some clearly stated gaps. As long as they're making it, I'm game.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Dragonball Evolution wasn't as terrible as people said. I watched it and I was bored, and it didn't piss me off like the trolls did.

I could care less when this new cartoon movie could fit in the timeline, especially since Toriyama's pacing barely gives the characters breathing room, minus some clearly stated gaps. As long as they're making it, I'm game.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most of the movies didn't follow the main timeline so the same will probably happen for this one.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']..........why is Gohan a super saiyan?[/QUOTE]Lol has it been a while since you watched the anime? Or are are you asking why it's Super Sayian Gohan rather than Ultimate/Mystic Gohan? If your question is referring to the latter, then when the movie takes place might have something to do with it.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I'm pretty sure most of the movies didn't follow the main timeline so the same will probably happen for this one.[/QUOTE]This movie is set after the defeat of Buu and between the 10 year gap that occurs in chapters 517 and 518 of the original manga. At this point, with Akira Toriyama's heavy involvement, it's believed to be canon.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Lol has it been a while since you watched the anime? Or are are you asking why it's Super Sayian Gohan rather than Ultimate/Mystic Gohan? If your question is referring to the latter, then when the movie takes place might have something to do with it.

This movie is set after the defeat of Buu and between the 10 year gap that occurs in chapters 517 and 518 of the original manga. At this point, with Akira Toriyama's heavy involvement, it's believed to be canon.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I meant why isn't he mystic, unless it was just a temporary powerup. Oh well, as long as he and Piccolo are relevant in the fights, I'm happy.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I was briefly horrified at the prospect that this was a live action sequel before I opened the topic.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I was thinking the same exact thing before I clicked on this thread.... :cry:

A brief outline of the movie's story was put on Toei's Japanese site. Here's a translation from ANN:

[quote name='ANN']"The story is set several years after the battle with Majin Buu. Birusu, the god of destruction who has maintained the balance of the universe, has awakened from a long slumber. Hearing rumors of a Saiyan (Saiya-jin) who defeated Freeza, Birusu comes looking for Goku. Excited that a powerful opponent has appeared after so long, Goku ignores King Kai's advce and challenges Birusu in a battle. However, Goku is no match for Birusu's overwhelming power and is defeated. Birusu leaves after uttering an ominous message, “Is there anyone on Earth more worthy to destroy?” Will Goku and the others really be able to stop the God of Destruction?!"
[/QUOTE]

I swear, it must be the easiest thing in the world to write a DBZ story.

Mysterious new foe appears, more powerful than any of the current heroes.
Defeats/kills a few of the heroes.
They have to devise a way of defeating the new foe, usually through training.
Some times passes.
The newly empowered hero/heroes fight the new foe again.
After some back and forth, the hero eventually wins out.

Repeat for next saga.

[quote name='Clak']I swear, it must be the easiest thing in the world to write a DBZ story.

Some times passes.

Repeat for next saga.[/QUOTE]

That's every shounen jump series.

And if you want to see the live action characters, just watch Shameless on Showtime.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']..........why is Gohan a super saiyan?[/QUOTE]

Because continuity is stupid and they can't have the strongest person in the Universe actually do anything with his power other than beat up street thugs as the Great Saiyaman.

[quote name='Clak']I swear, it must be the easiest thing in the world to write a DBZ story.

Some times passes.

Repeat for next saga.[/QUOTE]

lol qft but Super Saiyans are bad ass so I always give em a pass.

Fck awesome, I would like a CGI movie rather than a live-action from Hollywood. What I like about DBZ is the insane power, no zigzag story, and Kamehameha.

[quote name='Clak']So, some alien thing that looks like Anubis?[/QUOTE]No, Anubis had the head of a Jackal. This creature obviously has a lot more feline qualities and I'd say resembles the Egyptian god Bastet.

[quote name='Clak']So, some alien thing that looks like Anubis?[/QUOTE]Anubis had the face of a Jackal, and the villain doesn't really look like that to me. It looks pretty much exactly like a Sphynx IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpg']Video removed =(

Is this movie coming straight to dvd or theater?[/QUOTE]SaiyanIsland still has it. It's coming to movie theaters in Japan. The movie doesn't even come out till March and advanced tickets are already going on sale soon. You get some like some Dragon Ball pens if you pre-order the tickets:
when-buying-the-movie-tickets-in-advance-you-will-get-these-awesome-dragon-balls-pen.jpg

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I was briefly horrified at the prospect that this was a live action sequel before I opened the topic.[/QUOTE]

The thought of another live action sequel sent shivers down my spine.

How dare the Japanese disrespect a great American hero!

l_kuro_130129kfcdragon01.jpg

They've gone too far this time! Anything but the Colonel!

Seriously though, this is real and is being used to help promote the new DBZ movie. I thought it was hilarious.

Gohan being a Super Saiyan disappoints me. Won't stop me from watching though.

I do wonder if we will see one of the fusions, though.

[quote name='DNukem170']Gohan being a Super Saiyan disappoints me. Won't stop me from watching though.

I do wonder if we will see one of the fusions, though.[/QUOTE]They could explain why Gohan is back to SS in the movie. Even if they don't, I'm not that bothered by it.

And they've already shown Gotenks in a trailer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gogeta make an appearance either.

bread's done
Back