runute07

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

just testing this out

#422 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I doubt it has anything to do with anyone's age and everything to do with the relation of one person's definition of "old" to another person's definition. In an industry that churns out Call of Duty's in or around a year's time, one year is definitely in the ball park of "old".

Well that's more of a commentary on the sad state of the AAA industry (which I agree with). :lol:

#423 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

This thing was always just the Humble Bundle and the Humble Indie Bundle was a subset of that. At least that's how I looked at it.

That's the same way i see the Humble Bundle company (or web page). Humble Bundle being the main entity and The Humble Indie Bundle just a title or a way to identified that particular bundle(s). Is the same for the Humble Bundle Android, Frozenbyte etc...

#424 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Not so humble anymore, amirite?!

#425 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Indeed, they've had indie, books, android, and now the humble bankruptcy bundle :P

Guardian_owl.png

#426 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I've already wasted (read: enjoyed) so much time between SR3 and Metro, I'm scared to even try the other games, this is such a great buy in my opinion.

#427 runute07

runute07

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Best Buy has better sales i am going there!!

#428 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I doubt it has anything to do with anyone's age and everything to do with the relation of one person's definition of "old" to another person's definition. In an industry that churns out Call of Duty's in or around a year's time, one year is definitely in the ball park of "old".

Well anything that isn't new to this moment can be considered old. I would be willing to say that more people would not agree with one or even two year old games being considered old that those that would. I will say the games tend to get "old" quite a bit faster than say... all other forms of media, but I wouldn't say they get "old" that quickly.

But then again I haven't asked anyone so perhaps a lot of people do consider that "old".

And can you consider a remake old? And I in no way mean a reboot/remake, but a full on remake with just fancier graphics. For example Halo CE: Anniversary (not including the multiplayer)... old or new?

Best Buy has better sales i am going there!!

Well they are the Best... Buy....
Spoiler

#429 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

If you have not played Company of Heroes and you enjoy RTS games, you need to buy this bundle...

#430 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Imo, there isn't a clear line or consensus on indie/not-indie. I directing that question to Fell Open Ian, in response to his post. I believe a good distinction is the devs having complete creative control.

Agreed with there not being a clear distinction and I've seen plenty of threads in the past (elsewhere, not here) debating whether or not Valve was "indie" and complete with the usual internet raging, gnashing of teeth and demands of hipster cred.

Honestly, I don't care and I don't care if HB's next bundle is made up of Call of Duty titles.

#431 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Agreed with there not being a clear distinction and I've seen plenty of threads in the past (elsewhere, not here) debating whether or not Valve was "indie" and complete with the usual internet raging, gnashing of teeth and demands of hipster cred.

Honestly, I don't care and I don't care if HB's next bundle is made up of Call of Duty titles.

Indy = Independent studio

So, an Indy developer is any studio which attempts to put out games without the need for a larger publisher stepping in. There are a very small number of actual indy developers. However, with kickstarter numbers growing and big budget games failing to sell, it's possible we'll see a huge increase in the number of quality indie games being put out.

#432 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Indy = Independent studio

So, an Indy developer is any studio which attempts to put out games without the need for a larger publisher stepping in. There are a very small number of actual indy developers. However, with kickstarter numbers growing and big budget games failing to sell, it's possible we'll see a huge increase in the number of quality indie games being put out.

Well, that's certainly one interpretation. As such, Valve is "independent", and Gaijin is not. It also invalidates just about every HIB.

#433 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

noob question, first time considering a humble bundle, do you get a list of keys for each individual game in the bundle or one key for the entire bundle?

#434 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

1 Key for the bundle games, and if you beat the average price, then you get a 2nd key for Saints row 3.
Total possible keys = 2

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#435 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

noob question, first time considering a humble bundle, do you get a list of keys for each individual game in the bundle or one key for the entire bundle?

You get one key for all the games besides the BTA game, Saints Row 3, which will have its own separate key. So if you buy now you'll get two keys total.

#436 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Well, that's certainly one interpretation. As such, Valve is "independent", and Gaijin is not. It also invalidates just about every HIB.

Obviously, your game can't be "Indie" unless it looks like it was pooped out by an Intellivision [-(

But the gameplay is sooooo good!

#437 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

You get one key for all the games besides the BTA game, Saints Row 3, which will have its own separate key. So if you buy now you'll get two keys total.

thanks!! :applause:

#438 Trepidation

Trepidation

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

"I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ["Indie game"]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it —Justice Potter Stewart. Paraphrased and adapted, more or less.

#439 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Tried to download SR3 and steam screamed at me! D:

#440 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I would wager that since this THQ humble bundle is doing so well, we might end up seeing other large companies taking a swing at it. Well, unless they only allowed THQ to do this because they're about to fall off a cliff....

#441 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Humble Capcom Bundle.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#442 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Humble Capcom Bundle.

Humble midway bundle....oh wait....
I think they're trying to stop that from happening to THQ.

I wonder if this will be the most successful humble bundle? This is free publicity for THQ and Humble.

#443 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

I was going to say "Humble Nintendo Bundle" but then I realized that Sony and Microsoft are each at least equally un-humble. So, that's my hilarious contribution, thanks and good night.

Ooh wait, I've got another one.

Humble Molyneux Bundle. Ha!
76561197996844513.png

#444 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

I would wager that since this THQ humble bundle is doing so well, we might end up seeing other large companies taking a swing at it. Well, unless they only allowed THQ to do this because they're about to fall off a cliff....

Highly unlikely.

Not that I think the folks at Humble bundle would have a problem with it. It's just that I doubt that you'd ever find another Publisher willing to do a bundle like this. A bundle like this completely destroys the market for any game featured in it for a good period of time afterwards. THQ is willing to do it, but the only reason that THQ is doing it is because they are desperate and they're trying to fight off extinction.

I suppose that you might one day see another big publisher desperate enough, but it aint happening anytime soon.

#445 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

We should have had the Humble Kingdoms of Amalur Bundle.

The world would have been so different if this had happened.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#446 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Yep. I doubt too many publishers are willing to sell five of their fairly recent games for as little as $5 for the batch. Of course, at the rate Squeenix prices have been dropping you never know. Also there's no guarantee for a big payday. People sort of understand THQ is in trouble. If you had a company like EA do one of these things I'd wager the vast majority of people would opt to give the money to charity and not EA. Although depending on how the donations are actually handled EA might be able to use that as a tax write off.

#447 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Humble AAA Bundle
Dishonored
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III

BTA - Skyrim

#448 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Sounds good since I just got Skyrim for $10 retail. In for $1!

#449 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Highly unlikely.

Not that I think the folks at Humble bundle would have a problem with it. It's just that I doubt that you'd ever find another Publisher willing to do a bundle like this. A bundle like this completely destroys the market for any game featured in it for a good period of time afterwards. THQ is willing to do it, but the only reason that THQ is doing it is because they are desperate and they're trying to fight off extinction.

I suppose that you might one day see another big publisher desperate enough, but it aint happening anytime soon.

I guess that's true though many of these games didn't have much value left on PC anyway. I suppose they probably could have sold the COH collection for 5 bucks by itself or something. Other companies could use it to promote new products by dumping old ones into the bundle. Look at what THQ has, COH - a new one is out in a couple months and Darksiders, a new one came out in August. And of course their more valuable property, SR is more expensive.

I could I aging an EA doing this with a bunch of trash titles + Deadspace 1 with Deadspace 2 the above average purchase as Deadspace 3 comes out soon. Obviously it probably won't happen right now but it's an example of what could be done.

#450 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Humble Molyneux Bundle. Ha!

BTA for a crystal pickaxe!