(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#541 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Where else is it going to come out? the top of the controller is taken up by the two slots for VMUs/memory/rumble pack (which sticks out a little). That's why they have the little pinchy grove at the top, so that the cord folds and it still can come out the top. I never had an issue with the cord.

Well, yeah, I know "why" they did it...But my point was geared more towards the fact that they should have made the rumble + vmu the bottom loading pair and leave the cord up top.

The whole dysfunctional issue with the cord is that by having to use that pinch and loop it from beneath, you're essentially shortening the length of your cord by 6". That frustrated a lot of people, including me, in the days before consoles with wireless controllers included.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#542 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

There is some speculation over on SPUF that we might get the first Dawn Of War game as the bonus. Apparently there was an entry to the registry involving that game today.

Hope not. I already own that game.

Wouldn't it have to be the gold edition though? I don't think Steam carrys just the first game by itself. At any rate I wouldn't mind if this was the bonus game as I don't have it on steam. (though I do have the cd's for it and winter assault somewhere)

#543 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wouldn't it have to be the gold edition though? I don't think Steam carrys just the first game by itself.

Certainly looks like it - the CDR entry for "Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War" supposedly uses an install directory of "Dawn of War Gold".

#544 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Well, yeah, I know "why" they did it...But my point was geared more towards the fact that they should have made the rumble + vmu the bottom loading pair and leave the cord up top.

Hands would be more likely to block the VMU screen if it was on the bottom.

#545 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Dawn of War sounds good. I have the second but not the first.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#546 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't have any Dawn of War so I would welcome it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#547 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

That's why I used the NES Max. Goodbye thumb callous. Hello turbo buttons.

I had a NES Advantage. I miss those days...
76561198025510545.png

#548 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Another 'true story' -- before the days of 9/11 and increased airport security I once took my NES Advantage in my carry on bag and was stopped and questioned as to what it was when they dedicated it via x-ray! At the time I joked I should have said 'it's a bomb, all I have to do is press A!' Of course if I did that now I'd either be shot dead or thrown in jail for a few years.

#549 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

i don't have any dawn of war so i would welcome it.

+1

#550 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I too welcome Dawn of War (don't own it), and hope against Space Marine (last remaining "value" for me from the Amazon THQ pack).

I've been harassed by Airport Security many times pre-9/11. Most dramatic was being dragged into a back room by some big burly and nervous Yugoslavian guy convinced that the x-rays showed I had a bomb in my suitcase. It was a HO-scale model train set.

#551 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I don't have any Dawn of War so I would welcome it.

Co-sign.

MARS

#552 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I too welcome Dawn of War (don't own it), and hope against Space Marine (last remaining "value" for me from the Amazon THQ pack).

I agree. Dawn of War = Good. Space Marine, STALKER = Bad.

#553 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I'd be cool with any of the Dawn of War games or Space Marine as I have none of those.

#554 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

I'd rather Space Marine since I missed the bundle on Amazon. Either or would be nice though. Hopefully there is a bonus at all.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#555 drakesvg

drakesvg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Rawr this bundle continues to taunt me, why must I already have had all the THQ games on steam. A/w would be awesome for people to get some DoW games in addition to the smoking exsiting deal.
Posted Image

#556 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

No. No Space Marine. Space Marine needs to go far, far away and never return. Relic is a great studio full of talented people who should absolutely, positively NEVER make a third-person shooter.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#557 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Considering how THQ structured the bundle to highlight their various franchises/IPs it'd make a ton of sense to put something Warhammer in there.

The existing games in the bundle really are all very smart picks in terms of sequels on the horizon and DLC. Pretty damned blatant up-selling and quite savvy for a company which is imploding even if it is more of a death rattle than a saving grace.
sudo mklove

#558 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Another 'true story' -- before the days of 9/11 and increased airport security I once took my NES Advantage in my carry on bag and was stopped and questioned as to what it was when they dedicated it via x-ray! At the time I joked I should have said 'it's a bomb, all I have to do is press A!' Of course if I did that now I'd either be shot dead or thrown in jail for a few years.

Detected? Also, even pre-9/11 that would get you in a lot of shit. In high school I worked in the AA terminal at O'Hare and I saw some dipshit led away in cuffs when he bitched about delays and made a crack about having a bomb.

+1

3rded.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#559 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

I agree. Dawn of War = Good. Space Marine, STALKER = Bad.

Jason Rubin said on Twitter that STALKER would be too tricky to deal with, as the developer isn't THQ owned.

So no need to worry about that.

#560 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

Considering how THQ structured the bundle to highlight their various franchises/IPs it'd make a ton of sense to put something Warhammer in there.

The existing games in the bundle really are all very smart picks in terms of sequels on the horizon and DLC. Pretty damned blatant up-selling and quite savvy for a company which is imploding even if it is more of a death rattle than a saving grace.

And since Space Marine is generally considered to be total trash I wouldn't expect it to sell too many copies of anything Warhammer related. (Besides the obvious issue of it being a totally different game genre) I got it for free from PS+ and uninstalled it without getting anywhere near completing it. My time wasn't worth it. Even Metro with all it's flaws was still a vastly superior game.

#561 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

There's a new Titan Quest entry in the registry. Wouldn't be surprised if they tossed that in since it's been selling for bargain basement $5ish for the last several years. Space Marine I could see because it has a ton of DLC. Give people the base game, hope they go out and buy some fancy swords or whatever.

#562 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

And since Space Marine is generally considered to be total trash I wouldn't expect it to sell too many copies of anything Warhammer related.

Yeah I think that something Dawn of War related would be their best bet in regards to Warhammer.

Not much sense in giving away a one-off when you can up-sell people into an established franchise.

edit: To be completely specific: I'm thinking Dawn of War Gold if not Platinum.

Edited by Fell Open Ian, 06 December 2012 - 05:54 AM.

sudo mklove

#563 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

And since Space Marine is generally considered to be total trash...

You know, I've heard many people complain that there was a bug in the game (something to do with the character randomly slowing down as if it were in "Bullet time") that never got fixed, but you're the first person that I've ever seen who referred to the game as trash. In fact, I can't recall ever seeing anybody else who didn't basically like the game (besides the glitch, of course).

There's a new Titan Quest entry in the registry. Wouldn't be surprised if they tossed that in since it's been selling for bargain basement $5ish for the last several years. Space Marine I could see because it has a ton of DLC. Give people the base game, hope they go out and buy some fancy swords or whatever.

I already own Titan Quest too. Bah!

I propose a compromise. The bonus game(s) should be everything in the THQ catalog. That way everybody will get a game that they don't have.

#564 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Titan Quest Sacred Gold was in an InidieGala iirc. It's been $1 a couple times on the GalaStore in the past few months. I think it could go either way. I also wonder if it is "too old." On the other hand, there's the Diabloish ARPG crowd. And it expands the breadth of the bundle.

Space Marine DLC is all cosmetic skins (recolors I think) bar one with 3 multiplayer maps.

I think we're all missing the obvious, the bonus will be Magica (base game only), maybe Hydrophobia. :lol:

#565 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Titan Quest was in an InidieGala iirc. It's been $1 a couple times on the GalaStore in the past few months. I think it could go either way. I also wonder if it is "too old." On the other hand, there's the Diabloish ARPG crowd. And it expands the breadth of the bundle.

99.999% positive that Titan Quest has never been in any "indie bundle", let alone Indie Gala.
It's also not sold at the Gala Store. You must be thinking of some other game. The cheapest
I've seen the Titan Quest bundle (Titan Quest + Immortal Throne) is around $3.00.

Having just finished it a few weeks ago (after months of playing - it's really long), I can say
it's a really good ARPG (and I'm not a Diablo fan).

#566 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

99.999% positive that Titan Quest has never been in any "indie bundle", let alone Indie Gala.
It's also not sold at the Gala Store. You must be thinking of some other game. The cheapest
I've seen the Titan Quest bundle (Titan Quest + Immortal Throne) is around $3.00.

Having just finished it a few weeks ago (after months of playing - it's really long), I can say
it's a really good ARPG (and I'm not a Diablo fan).

You're right. I got Sacred Gold and Titan Quest Gold mixed up. I did pickup TQ Gold this year for no more than $5... not sure where. Great to hear! =)

Edit: TQ Gold (steam key) $4 (w/o IGN) on 5 August at GG.

#567 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

You're right. I got Sacred Gold and Titan Quest Gold mixed up. I did pickup TQ Gold this year for no more than $5... not sure where. Great to hear! =)

Edit: TQ Gold (steam key) $4 (w/o IGN) on 5 August at GG.

Nope, I bought it then and it was NOT Steam.

I'd rather the bonus be Titan Quest to be honest. I'd like to have it on Steam.

bZ2g3eF.png

#568 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Should it be TQ Gold:

1. Download both TQ and TQ: IT.
2. Launch TQ once and fully.
3. Forever use the TQ: IT entry from then on.

TQ Gold would be a great addition but would cause that launch/download order confusion, yet again, and offer-up no up-sell in the process.
sudo mklove

#569 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Nope, I bought it then and it was NOT Steam.

I'd rather the bonus be Titan Quest to be honest. I'd like to have it on Steam.

*double checks* /facepalm. Again with Sacred/TQ mixup. Apparently I'm as out of it as I feel, but does give me an idea for a new game, "The CAG post-error drinking game."

#570 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

gahh i just want christmas sale to start