(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#601 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yikes, it's not even TQ Gold - you have to get IT separately.

Of course, they throw you a bone, you take what you get for free and pay for the rest of the way. Fine with me

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#602 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Wow, that just seems weaksauce (even through I usually the bonus is the previous bundle, which I already own).

#603 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I need more bones. Seriously, though, I wasn't expecting much. The older Dawn of War title(s) at most. $5-$6 for SR3 and those other games was already a crazy enough deal. Doubt they were going to throw the whole catalog at us.

#604 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

^^
Ya, I bought into the hype and was expecting BOTH Titan Quest and DoW. I'm still happy with what we got, but is a lesson to me: Don't buy into the hype!

Though, I'll probably throw THQ a bone and pickup DoW during the Winter Sale.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#605 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm pretty disappointed that it's Titan Quest... that's another game that I already have. :cry:

#606 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Who knows... maybe DoW will still pop up. I'm actually surprised they didn't add that over TQ considering if someone plays DoW and likes it they'd be prompted to buy the other half dozen titles and assorted DLC whereas with TQ at most they might be spurred to buy IT.

#607 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hoping DoW still shows. Already had titan quest so I'll be giving that to a buddy of mine. Didn't have the red faction dlc though, so thats nice.

#608 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well the inclusion of the Red Faction Armageddon DLC is a pleasant surprise. I came verrrry close to buying that during the Autumn sale. Thankfully I got distracted by a squirrel or something and I ended up not buying it.

#609 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

This works for me as I had neither TQ or the DLC. Yay for bonuses.

#610 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I own TQ gold, but not surprisingly, I've never actually played it. Isn't the base game supposed to be a glitchy mess? Supposedly Immortal thrown fixed a lot of the problems.

#611 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Can't recall for sure although I think fan patches actually did more of that than IT. I bought it years ago for $5 and, despite the fact I usually like ARPGs, didn't really care for it.

#612 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

I own TQ gold, but not surprisingly, I've never actually played it. Isn't the base game supposed to be a glitchy mess? Supposedly Immortal thrown fixed a lot of the problems.

Sounds like Silverfall to me, I played through the o.g Titan Quest and didn't have any issues but that is YMMV.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#613 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Who knows... maybe DoW will still pop up. I'm actually surprised they didn't add that over TQ considering if someone plays DoW and likes it they'd be prompted to buy the other half dozen titles and assorted DLC whereas with TQ at most they might be spurred to buy IT.

It makes just as much sense that they added TQ, to me. If people play TQ, they'll most likely buy Immortal Throne to go with it. I would've preferred DoW though.. I already have Titan Quest Gold..

#614 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

It makes just as much sense that they added TQ, to me. If people play TQ, they'll most likely buy Immortal Throne to go with it. I would've preferred DoW though.. I already have Titan Quest Gold..

I think the part that doesn't make sense though is that TQ is done. You can buy IT for dirt cheap much of the time, but that is it. Nowhere else to go.

With DOW, you have several games to add on to the package, including games that are still fairly new. And honestly, they are much more likely to continue with the DOW world and story than they are another TQ, no?

I'm not complaining. I'm already very happy with the bundle. I do have TQ Gold so somebody will get a freebie from me. But the value is still better than when I bought it, which is great.

Brent

#615 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

TQ base is not a glitchy mess by any means, but it does have its drawbacks. You always want to play IT since that includes the base TQ and adds another chapter at the end so you can play though the whole thing by just running IT. Also, the main mods that make the game better in a myriad ways require IT, not just TQ.

For everything TQ related: http://www.titanquest.net/

#616 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Is anyone else missing the Saints Row The Third soundtrack from their page? It was originally there when I bought the bundle, but today it's now gone.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#617 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

I sincerely doubt they are going to add Dawn of War because 1) The bundle is already an absolute steal and 2) It was just announced today that Creative Assembly, the developers behind the Total War series, will be handling future Warhammer titles. I wouldn't be surprised if THQ's license with the property has expired or been nullified.

#618 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Is anyone else missing the Saints Row The Third soundtrack from their page? It was originally there when I bought the bundle, but today it's now gone.

Mine is still there. Did you beat the average? Maybe they accidentally had it available for people who didn't.

#619 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

TQ base is not a glitchy mess by any means, but it does have its drawbacks. You always want to play IT since that includes the base TQ and adds another chapter at the end so you can play though the whole thing by just running IT. Also, the main mods that make the game better in a myriad ways require IT, not just TQ.

For everything TQ related: http://www.titanquest.net/

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I knew there was some reason that I got talked into buying the whole gold bundle a few years ago.

#620 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Mine is still there as well.

#621 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I sincerely doubt they are going to add Dawn of War because 1) The bundle is already an absolute steal and 2) It was just announced today that Creative Assembly, the developers behind the Total War series, will be handling future Warhammer titles. I wouldn't be surprised if THQ's license with the property has expired or been nullified.

I wonder if this is why there have been a lot of CA entries into the Steam CDR the last few days? Maybe changing some things around?

Brent

#622 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Did you buy more than one copy of the bundle (one BTA & the other not)? If so, is it possible that you're looking at the wrong bundle page?

#623 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Mine is still there. Did you beat the average? Maybe they accidentally had it available for people who didn't.

Thanks for checking. Nope, I didn't BTA since I already had SR. Was the soundtrack suppose to only be available for BTA? O'well, guess I'll contact support.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#624 monster109

monster109

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I did not register my account with them I just bought them and had them send me the link on my E-Mail

So I did not get notification for Titan Quest + Red Fraction DLC

So when I saw this post checked my E-Mail clicked on the unique Link and both the CD-Keys were now there...

Thanks a lot OP!

#625 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I think the part that doesn't make sense though is that TQ is done. You can buy IT for dirt cheap much of the time, but that is it. Nowhere else to go.

Precisely. Like I said with TQ there's only one additional purchase. With DoW there's around a half dozen or more purchases you could make if you enjoyed it.

#626 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Tens of thousands more if you count the DLC.

#627 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

THQ still hold the license for 40k (Dawn of War).

source: Eurogamer

#628 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for checking. Nope, I didn't BTA since I already had SR. Was the soundtrack suppose to only be available for BTA? O'well, guess I'll contact support.

Usually you only get the soundtracks for games that you buy. The main page doesn't really make that clear, but that's how I've noticed it for past bundles. I just confirmed by looking at my Humble Bundle for Android 4 page which I didn't BTA on and I don't have the soundtrack for Machinarium.

#629 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I stand corrected. Still, I cannot imagine that Games Workshop would be happy about one of their games selling for what amounts to $1 or even less.

#630 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I loved Titan Quest. I enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed Diablo 3. It is not as detail-oriented as Diablo 3 is, in execution or in balance, but I just had more fun playing it. The settings, which are all rooted in various eras/regions of mythology, are also really cool.