(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#631 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I stand corrected. Still, I cannot imagine that Games Workshop would be happy about one of their games selling for what amounts to $1 or even less.

As opposed to the $5 or less it's been sold at on Steam in the past? Probably less if it's been bundled in other digital storefronts.

#632 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Usually you only get the soundtracks for games that you buy. I just confirmed by looking at my Humble Bundle for Android 4 page which I didn't BTA on and I don't have the soundtrack for Machinarium.

Yeah I thought so too, but when I originally bought it, it included it so I didn't think anything of it. Guess I should've downloaded it when I had the chance ;) O'well, it's not a big deal. Thanks again for checking.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#633 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I sincerely doubt they are going to add Dawn of War because 1) The bundle is already an absolute steal and 2) It was just announced today that Creative Assembly, the developers behind the Total War series, will be handling future Warhammer titles. I wouldn't be surprised if THQ's license with the property has expired or been nullified.

Whoa?! Where did they say this at? That's amazing if it's true :bouncy:

#634 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

As opposed to the $5 or less it's been sold at on Steam in the past? Probably less if it's been bundled in other digital storefronts.

If you paid $1 for the bundle before yesterday and then they added Dawn of War, each game averages to about 15 cents - that means 666,000 people would have gotten the game for that low.

Humble Bundles also run for like two weeks whereas individual Steam deals usually only last for a day, and there is no way the game could sell that many copies during a Steam sale.

#635 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Whoa?! Where did they say this at? That's amazing if it's true :bouncy:

http://arstechnica.c...o-game-license/

#636 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

If you paid $1 for the bundle before yesterday and then they added Dawn of War, each game averages to about 15 cents - that means 666,000 people would have gotten the game for that low.

Humble Bundles also run for like two weeks whereas individual Steam deals usually only last for a day, and there is no way the game could sell that many copies during a Steam sale.

And Humble Bundles also allow people to pay over that $1 price and even if they don't it's the publicity and sheer numbers which drive the revenue which is why they're appealing to so many developers. So, let's say their cut is... oh... $50,000 (just taking a random guess) for DoW alone -- not a bad haul for a couple days window for a six plus year old game.

#637 cabiliss

cabiliss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I just saw that they added Titan Quest. I am now in for 10.

#638 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Thanks ashes but man that's great! If it's tabletop or Total War Warhamer 40k, I'm getting that game day one!

#639 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

The biggest news out of that whole article was that the MMO was being scaled back to a single player game. (Much like KoA:Reckoning did) Some how I missed this news. I'm actually really excited about that.

But your logic is flawed. You would have had to pre-pay $1 knowing that DoW was being added. PLUS it'd more than likely just be the base game. So, while the value is really good if you paid $1 yesterday, after today however you'll need to pay $5+ so the value is MUCH MUCH lower. And if it's just the base game they will up-sell you on all the expansions.

#640 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I read the title as "RTFA: The Path to War," and felt bad that I indeed had not RTFA.
Posted Image

#641 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Just the thought of a Total Warhammer game gives me the shivers. I've not played any Warhammer games except Space Marine, but I know a bit of the world and the overall feel of the enemies and story. And a Total War game based on that universe would be absolutely epic.

Brent

#642 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wow they threw in Titan Quest and the Red Faction DLC for free?
TQ is a classic. Glad to get a steam key! THANKS OP!

#643 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Just the thought of a Total Warhammer game gives me the shivers. I've not played any Warhammer games except Space Marine, but I know a bit of the world and the overall feel of the enemies and story. And a Total War game based on that universe would be absolutely epic.

Brent

There already is a Call of Warhammer mod for Medieval II : TW.

#644 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

There already is a mod for Medieval II : TW.

Oh snap! Thank you. I wasn't aware! I need to get my Medieval II game out and play that.

Brent

#645 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Oh, Titan Quest is a great addition. It's really good, but absolutely buy the Immortal Throne expansion and install that right after you install TQ. Seriously, the UI changes and other additions it makes from the get-go are totally worth getting IT for. I absolutely loved this game and I hope those of you who install TQ and TQ:IT do, too!

#646 Steve0Matic

Steve0Matic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Was hoping for Space Marines, but can't complain about more stuff being added.

#647 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Oh, Titan Quest is a great addition. It's really good, but absolutely buy the Immortal Throne expansion and install that right after you install TQ. Seriously, the UI changes and other additions it makes from the get-go are totally worth getting IT for. I absolutely loved this game and I hope those of you who install TQ and TQ:IT do, too!

I bought the bundle when it was on sale. I played a few mins of TQ alone and almost gave up on it. IT's improvements make it a much more enjoyable experience. It's still not D2 good but it's much better than D3. It's a very good hack n' slash experience.

#648 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Maybe this was already asked, maybe it wasn't. I'm curious though, was the Titan Quest demo broken? Out of three computers I could NEVER get the thing to run. These were drastically different systems as well...

Also I know I'm nitpicking but $15 for an expansion that came out in 2007? Seems a little steep. I would think that would be the price of the whole bundle by now not just IT.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#649 aronater

aronater

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Gamersgate has Immortal throne on sale for $3.74. Not sure if it activates on Steam though.

#650 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I own TQ gold, but not surprisingly, I've never actually played it. Isn't the base game supposed to be a glitchy mess? Supposedly Immortal thrown fixed a lot of the problems.

That's what I've heard too. Additionally, I've read a lot that you even need the fan made patch to accompany Immortal Throne to help with all the problems. This makes me feel a little better since I went through a lot of effort getting TQ Gold for a gold deal.

#651 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Gamersgate has Immortal throne on sale for $3.74. Not sure if it activates on Steam though.

Thanks I'll check it out.

For DRM it says "other drm" and I'm not really familiar with GG I've only bought I think one game there in the past. Searched the comments and didn't see anything about Steam either.

Anybody know?

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#652 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

If you bought the Amnesia Fortnight bundle they just added 3 Brazen keys to give out.

#653 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

THQ's @Jason_Rubin
"The @THQ #HumbleBundle now includes Titan Quest for those that donate higher than average. More titles to come???... http://www.humblebundle.com"

#654 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

TQ:IT on GG is not steam. On GG, if it is steam, it says it is steam. Also, I own TQ Gold on GG (was $4 in Aug).

#655 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

THQ's @Jason_Rubin
"The @THQ #HumbleBundle now includes Titan Quest for those that donate higher than average. More titles to come???... http://www.humblebundle.com"

Has this ever happened before though?

#656 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

More titles to come!

#657 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Okay, got my TQ key b/c I own Humble Bundle already.
Have NOT activated it.
So, is this for TQ original game? Or TQ: Gold (with IT)?

I already own TQ + IT from Retail.

#658 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

People are reporting just TQ base (no IT).

#659 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

While it's a good suggestion to do this, I also suggest you wait a few weeks for the Steam sale to get TQ:IT on sale. We are CAG's after all ;).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#660 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

While it's a good suggestion to do this, I also suggest you wait a few weeks for the Steam sale to get TQ:IT on sale. We are CAG's after all ;).

But, what if TQ:IT winds up added to this THQ Humble Bundle?
:- x