(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#661 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

I guess I got them too in my updated bundle. I have SR3 and TQ CD Keys but I own both games...
Posted Image

#662 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

louiedog just posted this over in the steam forum.

If you bought the Amnesia Fortnight bundle they just added 3 Brazen keys to give out.

Thought I would repost it here as well.

Also if anyone is planning on giving their extra keys away I would greatly appreciate one as I could not afford to beat the average on this one even though I wanted to. I hate being a broke college student in November and December :cry:.

Thank you Dr Sasquatch. I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Cloulien, 07 December 2012 - 01:50 AM.
Recieved Code

Games I Have For Sale/Trade:

Spoiler

Private Message me or add me on steam for more information if you are interested
gallery_474050_8161_38387.jpggallery_474050_8161_119930.jpg

#663 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Has this ever happened before though?

Yes, it has although I think it only did in earlier bundles and not recently.

#664 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

I'll beg as well, as I didn't BTA on this one either. Anyone have a spare for me?

#665 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I'll beg as well, as I didn't BTA on this one either. Anyone have a spare for me?

Are you wanting TQ or SR3?

#666 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Are you wanting TQ or SR3?

Brazen Prototype, actually.

#667 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

The only thing total trash is metacritic.

Space Marine is an awesome game. I had a blast with it and it's absurdity. The mp was solid too. I can only imagine the sequel being better.

I'm not sure why people think Metacritic is so terrible. It's only terrible if you don't actually click the Metacritic link and read the reviews yourself (average rating vs. individual ratings with accompanying reviews).

A bit disappointed that TQ: Gold wasn't added. I mean... it's a $5 game on sale. Was it really too much to add the expansion to a game that old?

In any case, TQ is amazing with or without the expansion. Great gameplay, great variety, and the game has a lot of character. Be sure to install the fanpatch 1.7a as well, which also adds the AllSkins 0.8 mod that gives you tons of skin options for your character (instead of just togas, basically).

Unfortunately you MUST have Immortal Throne to use the patch. I'm not aware of any real mods or patches for just the base game.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#668 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I'm not sure why people think Metacritic is so terrible. It's only terrible if you don't actually click the Metacritic link and read the reviews yourself (average rating vs. individual ratings with accompanying reviews).

+1

Leaving aside the fact that I think this individual was confused about the response he was replying to (the poster was basically saying that after reviewing the information on Metacritic, he realized that his low opinion of the game was definitely in the minority), the problem with Metacritic is that people are lazy. They see a score and assume that it means a game is terrible. This and the fact that apparently some industry bonuses (unless this is just a rumor, but I don't think it is) are tied to releases getting certain scores.

In any case, TQ is amazing with or without the expansion. Great gameplay, great variety, and the game has a lot of character.

+1 again; this is one of the best ARPGs I've ever played (it's not quite as good as War in the North, but it's worlds better than Diablo or Torchlight).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#669 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

+1 again; this is one of the best ARPGs I've ever played (it's not quite as good as War in the North, but it's worlds better than Diablo or Torchlight).

I thought/heard war in the north was bad? Or was that just for consoles?

#670 maudig1

maudig1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Anyone have a SR3 code they don't want?

#671 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

But, what if TQ:IT winds up added to this THQ Humble Bundle?
:- x

This. Unless you plan on playing it RIGHT NOW, why bother buying the expansion? Just wait to see what happens. If it's not added then just buy it on a steam sell.

#672 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Did everyone who was looking for a Brazen key get one?

gone

#673 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Nope, but now they did. :D

Thanks.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#674 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

What's the difference between buying a reagular one and a gift?

#675 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

gone

No, unfortunately not yet.

Brent

#676 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

+1

Leaving aside the fact that I think this individual was confused about the response he was replying to (the poster was basically saying that after reviewing the information on Metacritic, he realized that his low opinion of the game was definitely in the minority), the problem with Metacritic is that people are lazy. They see a score and assume that it means a game is terrible. This and the fact that apparently some industry bonuses (unless this is just a rumor, but I don't think it is) are tied to releases getting certain scores.

Metacritic is garbage because it exists in a nature that tries to put scores to any form of review, even those that do not conform to the standard number scale.

Then, because it's so "popular," you have cases where game developers get bonus' based upon the final metacritic review score.

I got nothing with reading reviews and doing some investigation before purchase. I have beef with a "reviews" conglomeration that uses an undisclosed weighting algorithm for their averaging that can result in people who did hard work not getting the dollars they deserve.

I was one level deeper.
Posted Image

#677 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Metacritic is garbage because it exists in a nature that tries to put scores to any form of review, even those that do not conform to the standard number scale.

Then, because it's so "popular," you have cases where game developers get bonus' based upon the final metacritic review score.

I got nothing with reading reviews and doing some investigation before purchase. I have beef with a "reviews" conglomeration that uses an undisclosed weighting algorithm for their averaging that can result in people who did hard work not getting the dollars they deserve.

I was one level deeper.

All I'm saying is that I click on Metacritic and actually read a user review or two--ones that actually logically explain their rating--and possibly a couple review sites' articles, and I'm given a pretty good idea of the game.

That's the point. The rating isn't what's going to give you insight into a game, it's the actual review that is. Even mainstream review sites that typically annoy me (like IGN) still give valid insights into the game. For example, the last one I read was for Hell Yeah, and they were spot on when they talked about messed up controls and floaty platforming (even if they were too harsh on the game).

I find Metacritic completely useful--because I don't use it by just looking at the base score and skimming over ratings.

bZ2g3eF.png

#678 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Metacritic is useful for the review aggregation & linking, as well as the user comments.

Summing up a review in a single number is impossible. Only with "mad reading skillz" can one get anything useful from written reviews. I would this think is would be common knowledge, but I've learned not to bet against human stupidity.

#679 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Quick question on the Amnesia Fortnight bundle. Is Brazen the only BTA game? If I only go in for a buck, will I get the other games as well?

I suspect the answer is no (because I recall hearing that some things have been added) but the page kinda makes it seem that way.

#680 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Amnesia Fortnight question:

I paid above avergae, why do I suddenly have 3 extra Steam keys of BRAZEN prototype?

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#681 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

louiedog just posted this over in the steam forum. Thought I would repost it here as well.

Also if anyone is planning on giving their extra keys away I would greatly appreciate one as I could not afford to beat the average on this one even though I wanted to. I hate being a broke college student in November and December :cry:.

Thank you Dr Sasquatch. I greatly appreciate it.

I paid above avergae, why do I suddenly have 3 extra Steam keys of BRAZEN prototype?

It's the bonus. :bouncy:
If anyone has an extra Brazen key, I'd love to have it. Thanks!!!
PM if you are willing to give one up.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#682 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Well, if you really do want to get rid of at least one of them, I know someone who will happily take it from your charitable hands... (hint: ME) :bouncy:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#683 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'd take one as well if anyone has an extra :)

#684 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'd also take one, if there are extras floating around!

#685 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'll take a Brazen too.
Posted Image

#686 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Saints Row: The Third Key

Spoiler

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#687 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

As mentioned previously, I wouldn't mind an extra Brazen key if anyone has one. Would definitely be appreciated! If not, no problem! Thanks!

Brent

#688 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Quick question on the Amnesia Fortnight bundle. Is Brazen the only BTA game? If I only go in for a buck, will I get the other games as well?

I suspect the answer is no (because I recall hearing that some things have been added) but the page kinda makes it seem that way.

I believe Brazen is the only thing that you will not get. The only other items that have been added are the prototypes that they're working on and a soundtrack of their music, and they're of the backbone of the bundle.

#689 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Got in on this. First Humble Bundle for me. Wasn't sure if these were legit or not, but if they typically stay around this price-point... I can foresee my Steam Library growing substantially....

#690 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I believe Brazen is the only thing that you will not get. The only other items that have been added are the prototypes that they're working on and a soundtrack of their music, and they're of the backbone of the bundle.

Well, that and you obviously will get no prototypes of the concepts that didn't win the vote. A pity as my top few choices didn't make it.