(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#691 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Got in on this. First Humble Bundle for me. Wasn't sure if these were legit or not, but if they typically stay around this price-point... I can foresee my Steam Library growing substantially....

Humble Bundle is, I believe, the most legit of the bundles. They don't typically stay at this price though. The value of the base games is so high that there have been a ton of $1 purchases. However, if you get in early it's pretty easy to get them at this price. Even when they're higher you'll still find the games that you can pay what you want for to be a great deal.

#692 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Humble Bundle is, I believe, the most legit of the bundles. They don't typically stay at this price though. The value of the base games is so high that there have been a ton of $1 purchases. However, if you get in early it's pretty easy to get them at this price. Even when they're higher you'll still find the games that you can pay what you want for to be a great deal.

Ever since this particular bundle launched, I've said that they made a mistake of having only SR3 as the BTA game - had they put SR3 *and* Darksiders as BTA, they would have had many more BTA purchases and possibly higher revenue overall (though that's a tough call, since many many people, myself included, already own most of these games).

#693 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Ever since this particular bundle launched, I've said that they made a mistake of having only SR3 as the BTA game - had they put SR3 *and* Darksiders as BTA, they would have had many more BTA purchases and possibly higher revenue overall (though that's a tough call, since many many people, myself included, already own most of these games).

I didn't own any of the games (for PC that is) so this whole bundle is great for me. Now whenever I get to playing them is another story....

#694 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

How do you go about beating the average if you hadn't previously?

#695 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Click on the link they sent you via email (Your unique HB URL) and there should be a "Like what we're doing increase your donation" thing at the top. Click on that and you should be able to increase it to BTA.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#696 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

I always thought you could add additional funds to your purchase, but I don't know if that is still the case.

**EDIT**
nm, Fox cleared it up for us

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#697 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

If you already bought it but didn't beat the average go to your bundle page (you should have received a link in your email) and at the top above your Steam keys it says, "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" From there you can add money and it'll tell you exactly what you need to BTA. This only works for personal purchases. Gift bundles cannot be increased.

edit: beaten, but I'll leave it up so we don't get questions about gift bundles which tends to happen.

#698 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

If you already bought it but didn't beat the average go to your bundle page (you should have received a link in your email) and at the top above your Steam keys it says, "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" From there you can add money and it'll tell you exactly what you need to BTA. This only works for personal purchases. Gift bundles cannot be increased.

edit: beaten, but I'll leave it up so we don't get questions about gift bundles which tends to happen.

Oh ok, thanks everyone for all the help! For anyone else, this was giving me the problem, you have to have the codes redeemed (on the Humble website) for that option to show up.

#699 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

I didn't own any of the games (for PC that is) so this whole bundle is great for me. Now whenever I get to playing them is another story....

It's nice, isn't it? I was in your shoes 6 months ago or so. Every bundle was exciting and new and every game was a new addition to my growing collection.

Now? Well, every bundle has 1 or 2 repeat games that I end up stuck with. And no, you'll never play them all. ;)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#700 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Anyone having problems with titan quest? trying to host a game and says the cd keys invalid
Posted Image

#701 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Anyone having problems with titan quest? trying to host a game and says the cd keys invalid

Pretty sure multiplayer doesn't work unless through Hamachi. At least that's what I heard about the non-Steam version. Not sure about the Steam version, could be the same.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#702 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Pretty sure multiplayer doesn't work unless through Hamachi. At least that's what I heard about the non-Steam version. Not sure about the Steam version, could be the same.

I was able to host a MP game through steam a few times (though I have the Immortal throne expansion as well) It was kinda wonky though.

#703 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Dawn Of War Winter Assault just got updated. This is the first time that this I've ever seen any of the DoW games updated. Seems to be interesting timing.

Make of it what you will.

There is no direct link to Winter Assault. I guess it's part of DoW Gold: http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

#704 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well we saved thq! Miracles do happen! Cue relate-able theme song!

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#705 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Dawn Of War Winter Assault just got updated. This is the first time that this I've ever seen any of the DoW games updated. Seems to be interesting timing.

Make of it what you will.

There is no direct link to Winter Assault. I guess it's part of DoW Gold:

I believe that we'll see DOW Gold added to the bundle. Maybe not, but with the DOW update this past week, plus Winter Assault now, the timing IS good for this.

We'll see. I definitely hope it gets added!

Brent

#706 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, Jason Rubin said today on Twitter "Another addition coming". So we can expect to see another game added for sure now.

Brent

#707 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Ughh, screw DOW, give us Immortal Throne! :-P

bZ2g3eF.png

#708 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

i hope they add another!! keep'em coming!

#709 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I hope they add "You Don't Know Jack" so everyone will be like WTF?

#710 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Ughh, screw DOW, give us Immortal Throne! :-P

Well, I do hope they add Immortal Throne since TQ is really not the same game without it(heck, it won't run on many systems without it, including my laptop). But since I already have TQ Gold, I do hope they add the DOW stuff too!

I don't know how many games will be added, but Jason said "addition", not "additions". Not really sure if we should read into that too much or not.

Brent

#711 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

It'll be... SPACE MARINE... nah probably DoW.

#712 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

It'll be... SPACE MARINE... nah probably DoW.

At this point I just wish they'd add whatever it is.

#713 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I can't believe I bought all the games on this list, except one, and I haven't played any of them yet. Now I got them all again (for that one), for one dollar! I should just not buy games anymore, that just sucks...

#714 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I can't believe I bought all the games on this list, except one, and I haven't played any of them yet. Now I got them all again (for that one), for one dollar! I should just not buy games anymore, that just sucks...

To be fair if THQ weren't facing Financial troubles this bundle wouldn't have happened. So no need to feel bad about having most of the games in the bundle.

#715 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

South Park Stick of Truth would be awesome
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#716 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I know how you feel. :cry:

#717 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I hope they add "You Don't Know Jack" so everyone will be like WTF?

I want World of Zoo.

Posted Image

Edited by The End, 10 December 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#718 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

I want World of Zoo.

No, you don't.

Can somebody help me sort this out? I think I own Puzzle Agent 1, but it's not on my Steam list? Was it in a bundle?

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#719 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Twas in the Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle

#720 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Wow - they did add Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War GOTY after all...

Not sure what they're expecting to get out of this - I doubt it'll drive any more sales.