A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#722 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just activated and installing it now. Anyone know if it does come with the winter assault expansion?

#723 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just activated and installing it now. Anyone know if it does come with the winter assault expansion?

No idea. If you click on Store Page for the game it leads to the Gold edition which does contain it, so it's possible.

#724 koolchiefs

koolchiefs

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

It seems that it's just the GOTY edition. Can't find any evidence that it's Gold, which is strange since Steam doesn't have the GOTY by itself?

Brent

#725 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Awesome!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#726 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

OK, as I understand it, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition =

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game Of The Year Edition (which is what you get in this bundle)
+
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault

So basically, this is gold sans Winter Assault. And since it's impossible to buy Winter Assault by itself on steam, I would guess the only way that you can upgrade to the Gold Edition is to actually buy the Gold Edition.

#727 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Wow, this is the best dollar I've spent on games that I can think of...

#728 Bagel Bear

Bagel Bear

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

You don't have to beat the average to get the games that were added. (Red Faction, Titan Quest, Warhammer) I have a key that paid $1 and I can get Steam Keys for those games with it.

#729 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

You don't have to beat the average to get the games that were added. (Red Faction, Titan Quest, Warhammer) I have a key that paid $1 and I can get Steam Keys for those games with it.

That's only true if you paid your dollar prior to them being added.

#730 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game Of The Year Edition (which is what you get in this bundle)
+

So basically, this is gold sans Winter Assault. And since it's impossible to buy Winter Assault by itself on steam, I would guess the only way that you can upgrade to the Gold Edition is to actually buy the Gold Edition.

It kinda sucks you'd have to buy gold to get winter assault then. But still nice to get the base game at least.

#731 Bagel Bear

Bagel Bear

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

In for it all. Have Darksiders and SR3 on 360, but this is a great deal. Wonder what the bonuses will be.

Ah, I see. If you bought the bundle before they added the game then you get the game no fuss but if you are just buying you need to beat the average.

#732 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

It kinda sucks you'd have to buy gold to get winter assault then. But still nice to get the base game at least.

Can you buy it on disk and have it work with a steam copy? I'm assuming not but I'm not that experienced with Steam. I'm not a big PC gamer.

#733 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

do you get a separate key for saints for 3/titan quest/ dawn of war or are they all bundled as one if u beat average

#734 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

do you get a separate key for saints for 3/titan quest/ dawn of war or are they all bundled as one if u beat average

They're all separate because those who paid below BTA earlier get them as well.

#735 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

+

I've done some Steam registry research and sadly you're right, sir.
Dawn of War Retail <- key from the bundle
Dawn of War Gold <- Steam store entry

#736 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I happen to own the Platinum Edition of DoW 1. That has DoW 1 Gold (GOTY & Winter Assault), as well as Dark Crusade.

I confess, I can't recall paying too much attention to how the games were listed in my library before (I've owned the games for a year, but haven't played them yet). But I think there might be more games listed there now. I now have separate listings for GOTY, Dark Crusade & Winter Assault. It's almost as they've split up the entries in my library.

As I mentioned yesterday, Winter Assault just got updated. Perhaps it is a sign that they will soon be selling Winter Assault separately.

Edited by The End, 10 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#737 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok, just to make sure I have a basic understanding of how this works... If I pay more than the average price (Right now its 5.63, so lets say I paid $10), I get all the bonus games. If they add more games later on, they send me Steam keys for the games they add as long as I paid more than the average. Lets say the average price goes up when they add new stuff (For example, it goes up to $20). Do I still get the bonus stuff because I paid more than the average at the time I bought the bundle, or do I need to go up to the new average price to get the new games?

#738 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ok, just to make sure I have a basic understanding of how this works... If I pay more than the average price (Right now its 5.63, so lets say I paid $10), I get all the bonus games. If they add more games later on, they send me Steam keys for the games they add as long as I paid more than the average. Lets say the average price goes up when they add new stuff (For example, it goes up to $20). Do I still get the bonus stuff because I paid more than the average at the time I bought the bundle, or do I need to go up to the new average price to get the new games?

You get anything that is added after you purchase it. At the time you purchase, you will need to BTA for anything currently listed as BTA.

So, yes. If you BTA right now, you will get everything listed now, and anything else that may be added.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#739 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Right now if you pay more than the average you get everything including anything else they add regardless of the average at that time. If you pay $1 right now you don't get the current bonuses, but you'll get any future bonuses that they add. If you buy now at any price, you will not need to pay another cent to get anything that gets added.

That said, I doubt there will be anything else added after this.

#740 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Regardless of whether or not you beat the average you always get any additional games added after you make your purchase. You only need to beat the average if you want the 'beat the average' content which does, in fact, include all additional content. But, again, that only applies if you previously haven't purchased it.

#741 jacerx

jacerx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

They should make it so retail versions of Winter Assault activate via steam :(

#742 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

With this bundle, I can't see why anyone would not want to pay the BTA price. Great value for some great games!

But as the other poster stated, I doubt there will be anything else added; as there is only 2 days left for the bundle.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#743 stryk187

stryk187

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Man... they added ANOTHER game now? Wow, this is an incredible deal! All those good games for well under $10. Love it!

#744 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

As I mentioned yesterday, Winter Assault just got updated. Perhaps it a sign that they will soon be selling Winter Assault separately.

I hope! :bouncy:

MARS

#745 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

As I mentioned yesterday, Winter Assault just got updated. Perhaps it a sign that they will soon be selling Winter Assault separately.

There's always Humble THQ Bundle #2...

#746 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hey I think goty edition includes Winter assault...

1) In my library, when i click on go to store page it links to gold edition...which says I now own.

2) the game manual, dunno if its new, but shows both the goty and Winter assault boxes with another big "goty edition" banner on top.

#747 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Nope. I've just verified that it's only GOTY.

As I've already said I own Warhammer DoW Platinum on my main account. I have all components of that bundle installed on my computer at the moment. I also have a secondary steam account and when I log out of my main account and into the second account, each part of the game still appears in my library. The main difference is that the button that usually says "play" on each game says "purchase" under my secondary account.

So I decided to use my DoW Humble key on my secondary account to see which parts of the bundle changed over to "Play". Only the GOTY part changed. Winter Assault still says "Purchase". Strangely enough, when I click on the "Purchase" button, it directs me to DoW Gold. I assume that this is because there is no store page for Winter Assault.....Yet.

$5 says that Winter Assault gets added to the steam store tomorrow. They couldn't have added it before now because it would have let the cat out of the bag that DoW was gonna appear in the THQ Humble Bundle. But I find it hard to believe that it will be unavailable for purchase for long. Not when there's some money to be made from upsales and THQ is still hurting for money.

#748 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

>.> I'm amused how THQ is stealing Gillette's business model. Give away the base games, sell them DLC. I swear in 2013 we will see DLC that is just an achievements pack -- more achievements available for the game you already bought.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#749 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

No more games in the bundle is now confirmed.

Posted Image Jason Rubin ‏@Jason_Rubin

@CashGunsChaos @Helmholzo @humble DOW added today. Let't not get greedy!

#750 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Wow, I can't believe that actually added it after all. Think they'll add anymore games?