Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#751 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Wow, I can't believe that actually added it after all. Think they'll add anymore games?

No...read the post immediately before yours....

#752 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

In fairness he responded at the exact same time.

#753 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

It just keeps getting better. Now if only I didn't purchase the THQ publisher pack 2 years ago. haha. still got darksiders finally though. only took long enough.

now onto HIB 7...

#754 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

In fairness he responded at the exact same time.

True, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

#755 Darker

Darker

Monk of Ivgorod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

lol, that had to be seconds apart. Bummer about there being no more games being added though.

#756 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Torn between spending 10$ on a lot of good games vs spending 10$ on a lot of good games I won't really play.

I'd honestly rather support the next Humble Indie Bundle.

#757 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

I already have all these games but I feel I am doing a disservice to my CAGness if I don't pick up this deal. I mean, I can always just cradle it in my arms, hold it, and love on it right? ... or just give it away for Christmas? ... Giving, hmm, scary.

ach.png

#758 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

really like DoW II and wanted to try the first, crazy. can't believe they added another

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#759 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Torn between spending 10$ on a lot of good games vs spending 10$ on a lot of good games I won't really play.

I'd honestly rather support the next Humble Indie Bundle.

I'm hoping for another 'true' Humble Bundle in about two weeks.

#760 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight prototype bundle ends at midnight Pacific time tonight. It's pretty interesting if you're interested in the behind the scenes of game development.

https://www.humblebu...com/double-fine

#761 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

really like DoW II and wanted to try the first, crazy. can't believe they added another

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's a very different game from DOW II, but it's just as fun.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#762 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Paid the BTA and got the bundle. Oddly enough, the game I want to try out the most from the bundle is Titan Quest. Remember seeing it on a shelf at Circuit City YEARS ago and thinking it looked interesting.

#763 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Paid the BTA and got the bundle. Oddly enough, the game I want to try out the most from the bundle is Titan Quest. Remember seeing it on a shelf at Circuit City YEARS ago and thinking it looked interesting.

TQ is a lot of fun. It has a deep skill tree / class system and is the closest you'll come to Diablo 2 since Diablo 2. I enjoyed it immensely while waiting for Diablo 3 which fizzled out quickly.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#764 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I love TQ, it's possibly one of the best D2 clones out there.

#765 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Rubin saying "let's not get greedy" isn't really cool. I'd be more than happy for them to add Space Marine and Winter Assault then say we have to meet a new BTA in order to unlock those.

I'd happily raise my previous BTA to a new BTA if those games were added.

#766 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Path of Exile has a truly stunning skill tree..

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#767 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

^^ Jesus

MARS

#768 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

And that's only the PASSIVE one... both trees combined must be the wet dream (and nightmare) of any self-respecting loot'n'slash fanatic... :cold:

EDIT: Just read that active skills are "itemized" and do not possess a separate skill tree... whew!
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#769 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I played around 15 hours of PoE on an open Beta weekend this spring. It was fucking awesome. Towns/camps are common MMOish, any area with monsters is instanced (solo or coop). I should note that's around a seventh of the passive skill tree. Active skills are determined by gems you slot in and out of sockets on your weapons and armor (and the gems themselves level up, effects are different when slotted into weap or armor). The total system worked quite nicely.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#770 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Spoiler

I could never play that game. I'd be paralyzed with indecision.

57j.gif

#771 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Nope. I've just verified that it's only GOTY.

As I've already said I own Warhammer DoW Platinum on my main account. I have all components of that bundle installed on my computer at the moment. I also have a secondary steam account and when I log out of my main account and into the second account, each part of the game still appears in my library. The main difference is that the button that usually says "play" on each game says "purchase" under my secondary account.

So I decided to use my DoW Humble key on my secondary account to see which parts of the bundle changed over to "Play". Only the GOTY part changed. Winter Assault still says "Purchase". Strangely enough, when I click on the "Purchase" button, it directs me to DoW Gold. I assume that this is because there is no store page for Winter Assault.....Yet.

$5 says that Winter Assault gets added to the steam store tomorrow. They couldn't have added it before now because it would have let the cat out of the bag that DoW was gonna appear in the THQ Humble Bundle. But I find it hard to believe that it will be unavailable for purchase for long. Not when there's some money to be made from upsales and THQ is still hurting for money.

Thanks for doing the research and clearing that up!

Did some more research on my own also and apparently the Winter assault .exe and files were given to us apparently, but not active. Also Jason Rubin is aware of the issue and posted on twitter that he is looking into it:

This probably means a) The End theory is what is going to happen....WA going to be a separate purchasable game b) Winter assault is just gonna be added to HB buyers keys or c) a mix of the 2 - added to HB buyers but expansion made purchasable in the future.

Just my speculation ;)

#772 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Interesting.

It obviously doesn't matter much for me, but it would kinda suck for everybody else if the had to buy the whole damn gold pack just to get Winter Assault. It's kinda strange that it sounded like it hadn't even occurred to Mr Rubin that people couldn't buy WA without buying the Gold pack. I felt for sure that they had planned to add the ability to buy Winter Assault all along.

57j.gif

#773 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

We all need to make a pact to buy at least 1 THQ game during the Winter Sale.
As for me, I'm buying Titan Quest - Immortal Throne.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#774 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Interesting.

It obviously doesn't matter much for me, but it would kinda suck for everybody else if the had to buy the whole damn gold pack just to get Winter Assault. It's kinda strange that it sounded like it hadn't even occurred to Mr Rubin that people couldn't buy WA without buying the Gold pack. I felt for sure that they had planned to add the ability to buy Winter Assault all along.

Yeah I definitely hear ya on that! I do kind of hope they make winter assault separate purchase. They were kind enough to give GOTY for free basically so I kind of feel the need to give back and purchase some THQ games. God knows they need the money and I want Darksiders 3 :P

#775 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Darksiders 2 or bust!

76561197971332172.png

#776 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Darksiders 2 or bust!

Buying that during the Amazon January Sale :D !

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#777 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Ahh, memories. That looks exactly like the Sphere Grid in Final Fanatasy X.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#778 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I was sad to see how poorly 40k aged. Still a great game though.

#779 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

As for me, I'm buying Titan Quest - Immortal Throne.

It would be great if everyone did that. It kind of hurts to see them bundle all of these games together and have current tally around $4.6M. That's probably not even the production budget of the cheapest title.....okay, I might be exaggerating a little there, lol.

#780 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

This probably means a) The End theory is what is going to happen....WA going to be a separate purchasable game b) Winter assault is just gonna be added to HB buyers keys or c) a mix of the 2 - added to HB buyers but expansion made purchasable in the future.

Just my speculation ;)

Fingers crossed for b or c. :)