(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#781 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

With most humble bundles, I end up buying extra copies (as I did with this one). Usually I don't bother claiming the keys for those bundles until I have a need for them. This helps me to keep track of which bundle keys have been used.

This current THQ bundle poses a problem for me though. While I think this bundle helped THQ quite a bit, I'd still say that it's likely that THQ eventually dies off. This has me wondering if I will still be able to claim that key 6, 9 or 12 months from now.

Does anybody else think that might be a risk?

#782 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

^^^
I think your fine. I'm sure HB pools the number of keys by how many bundles they have sold.

Also, the HB wasn't meant to be a cure all for THQ. But it does give them more exposure and will entice gamers who bought into the bundle to purchase other THQ games to continue the series.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#783 Kablasia

Kablasia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Is there a way I can access my order of the THQ Bundle other than from the email they sent me? The email somehow disappeared from my inbox and my amazon payment email confirming the purchase disappeared as well. I have the emails they sent me saying they added new games, but I dont't have the email for the purchase and link to the steam keys. It's weird because I have all the other emails from humble bundle from other bundles i bought.

#784 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Is there a way I can access my order of the THQ Bundle other than from the email they sent me? The email somehow disappeared from my inbox and my amazon payment email confirming the purchase disappeared as well. I have the emails they sent me saying they added new games, but I dont't have the email for the purchase and link to the steam keys. It's weird because I have all the other emails from humble bundle from other bundles i bought.

You should be able to access it from your account. Just look for the "sign in/sign up" button at the top of the page, then push the "my account" button. All your purchases will be listed there.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#785 Kablasia

Kablasia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

You should be able to access it from your account. Just look for the "sign in/sign up" button at the top of the page, then push the "my account" button. All your purchases will be listed there.

Thanks, never made an account and as soon as I did I was able to access it :D.

#786 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

It would be great if everyone did that. It kind of hurts to see them bundle all of these games together and have current tally around $4.6M. That's probably not even the production budget of the cheapest title.....okay, I might be exaggerating a little there, lol.

Is immortal throne on sale now?

#787 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but they've split off Winter Assault now.

And increased the price while they were at it: Winter Assault is listed as $20 on the Store (the same price as GOTY+Winter Assault used to be.) Additionally, there used to be a bundle of Gold+Dark Crusade for $30, but that now contains GOTY+Dark Crusade.

TL;DR version: It used to cost $30 for GOTY+WA+DC, now it'll cost you $40 for GOTY+WA+DC (that's the same if you already have GOTY, too.)

#788 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but they've split off Winter Assault now.

And increased the price while they were at it: Winter Assault is listed as $20 on the Store (the same price as GOTY+Winter Assault used to be.) Additionally, there used to be a bundle of Gold+Dark Crusade for $30, but that now contains GOTY+Dark Crusade.

TL;DR version: It used to cost $30 for GOTY+WA+DC, now it'll cost you $40 for GOTY+WA+DC (that's the same if you already have GOTY, too.)

Shit.

MARS

#789 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Today is the last day to purchase the bundle. There's about 6 hours and 45 minutes left.

It looks like it will hit $5 million.

#790 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

In other words, they are treating GOTY as a trial version and then chalking up prices on expansions to get the rest of the game used to be cheaper.

Sounds reasonable.

#791 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

In other words, they are treating GOTY as a trial version and then chalking up prices on expansions to get the rest of the game used to be cheaper.
Sounds reasonable.

I've said this before, but I doubt they'll stop here - I'm sure the rest of their older games & their expansions will show up in the Humble THQ Bundle #2 (probably in January some time...)

#792 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was really hoping this would get to a million bundles sold. Oh well.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#793 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm not sure why--it's not as though my account is overflowing with disposable cash--but I'm tempted to buy more of these.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#794 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Opps, wrong thread.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#795 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

30 minutes left. If you haven't bought this, you're almost out of time.

#796 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I'm not sure why--it's not as though my account is overflowing with disposable cash--but I'm tempted to buy more of these.

I actually bought 4 copies. Yet I only have 2 steam accounts.

*shrugs*

I guess they'll make good gifts for people who wont start using steam until after this bundle closes.

Speaking of this bundle closing, That happens in about 30 minutes.

#797 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Well I thought I should bump this, but I should have known that Louie would be on the case.

#798 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

I bought an extra to put in a time capsule for my children.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#799 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I bought an extra to put in a time capsule for my children.

By the time that happens, Steam will have completely taken over the world and we'll have to input Steam keys just to continue breathing. Keys for games will be like "lolwut?"

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#800 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Humble Bundle V took in $5,108,725.09.

Humble THQ is coming dangerously close to overtaking that mark. As I post this, they're about 25K away.

#801 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Humble Bundle V took in $5,108,725.09.

Humble THQ is coming dangerously close to overtaking that mark. As I post this, they're about 25K away.

I was just about to post this.

I'm surprised that HIB5 held its own and possibly exceeded a bundle comprised of AAAs.

MARS

#802 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

I can only imagine that Jason Rubin gave that $10,000 straight to THQ.

I was just about to post this.

I'm surprised that HIB5 held its own and possibly exceeded a bundle comprised of AAAs.

If this bundle was during the steam sale with a coal event I am sure it would have went way, way higher.

#803 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I can only imagine that Jason Rubin gave that $10,000 straight to THQ.

If this bundle was during the steam sale with a coal event I am sure it would have went way, way higher.

The THQ employees already said their contributions all went to charity [inlcuding Rubin and Ferrell].

As for the actual sales, I'm disappointed. I thought it would easily reach 1 million bundles sold.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#804 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

The THQ employees already said their contributions all went to charity [inlcuding Rubin and Ferrell].

I don't know anyone idiotic enough to give their contribution to themselves, considering everyone would think your a horrible person. I was merely saying it because I thought it would be funny if they had.

#805 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I think the lack of cross platform support may have been a cause for it not exceeding 1 million purchases or beating the HIB 5 money. 40% of the purchases are usually Mac + Linux. It defaults the platform you purchase from, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Mac purchasers buy it from their laptops and then go on to play the games on a PC, but I think there's still a large number of people who bought the record setting HIB #5 but had no interest in this bundle because of the platform and DRM.

#806 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

It would be great if everyone did that. It kind of hurts to see them bundle all of these games together and have current tally around $4.6M. That's probably not even the production budget of the cheapest title.....okay, I might be exaggerating a little there, lol.

Devil's Advocate, but Humble Indie Bundle was created with Indie in mind. I can't believe some people were upset when they offered this THQ bundle, it wasn't part of HIB7, but separate. So can you imagine the rage if the average was $10-$20?

Peronsally, I don't care about Indie/THQ debate, I just want cheap games and HIB is my favorite. I'm really looking forward to HIB7.

Also, I had already bought/beat Darksiders, Red Faction, Warhammer, and was planning to buy SR3 GOTY until this bundle showed up. Military shooters don't interest me. Still bought because SR3 alone is worth it.

Is THQ Bundle 2 really happening? Anything else thinking Darksiders II will be the BTA?

#807 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

HIB used to be my favorite, but they've so quickly begun rehashing games and offering only/mostly games that I'll say "Hey, that is supposed to be a great game!", but I'll never get around to it, because it's yet another quasi-puzzle-indie game (like Rochard, or bit.trip.runner) to throw into the pile of those types that amass in my library.

Now if they offered a game like Amnesia again? They'd capture my interest again.

bZ2g3eF.png

#808 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

So when is HB7 coming out? Any idea?

#809 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

I can't wait for the Humble 2K Bundle. I'd love some cheap Borderlands 2.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#810 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

So when is HB7 coming out? Any idea?

Just me guessing but I'd be surprised if they didn't have one in about a week or two closer to Christmas.