(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#61 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

That's nothing more than your opinion, louiedog.

And their site reads: "Pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-blown expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon." It's misleading to claim individual keys for said games, yet give one bundle key. Clearly cut and paste from the Android 4.

Of course it's my opinion, what else would I offer up?

"Humble is in dire need of redesign," is nothing more than your opinion. Now we've both identified opinions in this thread. I'm not sure why, but there you go.

#62 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I think it's the first time I ever give anything to the devs in a bundle. Gave it all to THQ.

Same here.

I don't get the hate from these other "indie" guys. If THQ doesn't pull themselves together immediately there are going to be a flood of jobless developers entering the marketplace making claim to "indie" status.

76561197971332172.png

#63 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Got in at $5.25 (BTA was $5.18ish) before I noticed the average was actually falling. Hope it doesn't crash to like $2, hah.

#64 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

People are upset around the web for the non DRM-free and non-indie.

Edited by inm8num2, 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#65 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Luckily I didn't cave in during the black friday sales and bought SR3 during that time...Grabbed it at 5.25 since the current 5.17 average is such a strange number.

#66 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Just bought in, even though I got that THQ bundle on Amazon recently. Figured $5.50 was worth it for SR3 and Darksiders.

For what it's worth, you get one Steam key for SR3 and then another for the remaining games. Two keys total.

#67 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Well I BTA just for the hell of it. Already own everything. I think it's the first time I ever give anything to the devs in a bundle. Gave it all to THQ.

Also for those that won everything like me, you get soundtracks which still wouldn't be bad for $6 bucks.

I own SR3, Darksiders, and Metro 2033 (the latter being on OnLive, so I almost don't want to count it). I'm still going in to BTA for this bundle because it's solid. I would have loved individual keys, but for this price I really can't complain. I'll probably gift the extra SR3 to my cousin.

Oh, and I totally agree about looking at this from a soundtrack point of view. That's a great deal for all those tracks.

#68 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sweet, in for two. One over and one under average for a rainy gifting day. All money to THQ and Red Cross.

I wish they'd give Child's Play a rest. Gamers can be humanitarians in ways other than providing more games to kids.

#69 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Indie devs don't like this.

Lol, butthurts everywhere.

#70 sokmaster

sokmaster

sweep the leg

• CAGiversary!

Wow what an awesome bundle.

#71 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Using keys for anything other than your OWN personal use is also against the TOS, if you know, you're all about reading and junk.

Agreed. Besides, you're donating the money to charity, not to "recoup" some of the costs. That would be like the rich donating money to get a tax break... oh wait.

Beat the average to get SRIII. I'm glad I didn't buy any of those games during the past sales.

#72 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Using keys for anything other than your OWN personal use is also against the TOS, if you know, you're all about reading and junk.

Better go and edit all those Steam trade lists to remove any individual key that was in any previous Humble Bundle, then. Why do we even have Steam key trading? It's all clearly piracy and against TOS everywhere. Because we all should be policed in what we do with digital goods we've legitimately purchased.

By the way, their e-mail address contact@humblebundle.com is permanently down. That's some great support.

#73 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Sweet! I have COH and Metro already but will beat the average for SR3.

#74 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Indie devs don't like this.

Those dudes sound like dicks. Especially the last one laughing about setting all the sliders away from THQ :roll:

#75 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Of course it's my opinion, what else would I offer up?

"Humble is in dire need of redesign," is nothing more than your opinion. Now we've both identified opinions in this thread. I'm not sure why, but there you go.

Nice dickish, off-topic follow-up to your "they offer way better games" comment, even though other bundles have offered the same games. That really taught me to think Humble Bundle shouldn't give individual keys after claiming they do on their home page. :roll:

#76 deletion

deletion

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

i hope we get more bundles like this. THQ gets 100%!!
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#77 MiTYH

MiTYH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

AMAZING deal. Too bad I don't PC game. Still, awesomeness all around
Posted Image

#78 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Now the average seems to be steadily rising.

#79 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have none of these games on Steam. This deal is so cray-cray.

#80 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Better go and edit all those Steam trade lists to remove any individual key that was in any previous Humble Bundle, then. Why do we even have Steam key trading? It's all clearly piracy and against TOS everywhere. Because we all should be policed in what we do with digital goods we've legitimately purchased.

By the way, their e-mail address contact@humblebundle.com is permanently down. That's some great support.

LMAO... wow you tried to contact support over the issue?

You asking for a refund? lol

Yes, we all, including myself, trade away some keys and it is against the TOS.

My point is this:

If you are going to get all "rabble rabble rabble" about the fact they used the term "keys" and it implied to you that there would be individual keys and bla bla bla then read everything and if you are going to try to hold a business to their "word" you should then hold true to it as well since you both are agreeing to the terms of the contract.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#81 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

That really taught me to think Humble Bundle shouldn't give individual keys after claiming they do on their home page. :roll:

they used to give individual game keys for each game but they stop doing it after people started abusing it, getting the bundle for .01 cent and then reselling them for profit

AnQAzfm.png

#82 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

they used to give individual game keys for each game but they stop doing it after people started abusing it, getting the bundle for .01 cent and then reselling them for profit

Actually no, the only bundle that gave separate keys was the Android 4.

#83 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I already have most of those games on PC and/or Xbox. The rest I dont care about. I chipped in some cash for the heck of it though. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#84 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Its really annoying to see Indie Devs complain about this. THQ makes some awesome games and thats all that matters.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#85 secularsage

secularsage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

It's like a fire sale on THQ games. I'm going to miss them when they close their doors one of these days; they've been reliable for providing sales with some extremely low prices on games that are often overlooked. Red Faction: Armageddon, for example, isn't worth the original retail price, but it's a great budget title.

Incidentally, Company of Heroes with expansions and Saint's Row III are worth the price of admission alone.

#86 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Anyone know if these work on Windows Live?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#87 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Trying to get a refund from a for-charity indie bundle creator because they didn't give you individual keys to resell when it's against the terms and conditions you agree to to resell.

Something is wrong with this picture.

#88 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Picked it up for above the average even though I already own SR3. I really enjoy THQ and the games they have been doing and would like to see them to stick around.

I laughed and then serious'd that it kind of sounded like THQ was one of the charities:
"Support amazing charities. Choose how your purchase is divided: to the Child’s Play Charity, the American Red Cross, and/or to THQ."

#89 twisted

twisted

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

support being down is not good, I bought an extra to send to my lil sister as an early gift (with SR3) and I used my email address for the gift code and I never got any codes out of the deal....sigh its only $5.22 but its still $5.22 and I really dont want to spend more on this.

Oh and I gave THQ $3 out of the 5.22 :D

#90 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

This is why I can't stand 99% of indy devs

a. their games blow
b. they have this weird sense of entitlement
c. their faux retro platformers are nothing like old games because they're easy
d. their games bloooowwww
e. they're always up in arms and whining about something