(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#91 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Annoyed I bought CoH for $12.50 back in May (and still haven't played it). But I would have considered rebuying Darksiders on Steam for $2.50, so spending an extra $2.75 for 3 other games isn't so bad. I gave it all to THQ.

#92 heybtbm

heybtbm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

I already own Metro and beat the crap out of SR3 on the 360. Still, CoH was a lot of fun back in the day. I haven't fired it up in about 6 years. Wouldn't mind having the series on Steam. Oh what the hell...

I'm in for $5.

#93 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

wow, this is one of the best bundles ever put together!

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#94 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Its really annoying to see Indie Devs complain about this. THQ makes some awesome games and thats all that matters.

Hey now, you shouldn't go saying things like that. Everyone knows that big companies like THQ are evil and just use their dark powers to keep the indie devs down for fear of more puzzle platformers dominating the gaming market. Sounds like you are just another mindless drone of THE MAN.

Nothing I want and don't have, but in for a few friends who haven't played SR3 yet.

#95 deletion

deletion

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

This is why I can't stand 99% of indy devs

a. their games blow
b. they have this weird sense of entitlement
c. their faux retro platformers are nothing like old games because they're easy
d. their games bloooowwww
e. they're always up in arms and whining about something

agreed, most indie games suck. if it's for charity, i'll throw in a few bucks, but will probly never touch their games. on the other hand, THQ's bundle is well worth it. I wanna see more publishers do this for charity. I'm curious to see how well big name publishers do vs the indies.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#96 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Guess its time to finally pick up SR3 lol. CoH was a blast but I haven't played it in years.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#97 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I owned everything already, but didn't own CoH complete on Steam (and it's a right pain to patch).

Consdiering BTA just for the SR3 soundtrack.

To the single-key whiners: Wo/Man up and pay another $1 gifts. Can you name anything else with near as much game/dollar value?

#98 EricXC

EricXC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Only 1 game really interested me, but I did give $6 anyways.

#99 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

This is why I can't stand 99% of indy devs

a. their games blow
b. they have this weird sense of entitlement
c. their faux retro platformers are nothing like old games because they're easy
d. their games bloooowwww
e. they're always up in arms and whining about something

a. Opinion
b. No comprendo? Should they be dicked over by publishers because they're a small developer?
c. Opinion
d. See a
e. Sounds like you could be one of these developers...

Couldn't you have said all this is some blog noone would have cared to read? It had no bearing on the current bundle...

#100 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I think this time it's kind of exception, because of THQ money codition. They wanted to maximize amuont of sold bundles and it's pretty obvious that Humble Bundle can provide the biggest audiency nowadays. I'm sure they would sell considerably lesser amount of bundles in same time, if they would have been running the promotion on their own site instead of HB.

I think that many of us who buy Humble bundles care about DRM. This was a missed opportunity for THQ to not just raise some money but also to burnish its reputation among us. If now isn't the time for THQ to be bold, when is?

#101 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Awesome deal for the two people that don't own all these games already. Everything but SR3 is on sale 365 days a year somewhere.

#102 EricXC

EricXC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Honestly, I find most indie games to be resource hogs and not worth the initial full price. Some games have 8-16 bit graphics and take up more CPU than Skyrim or Team Fortress.

Also, they don't all have a sence of entitlement, but the vocal few that think they are gods kinds make it seem that way.

And they really have no reason to be whining... would it have made a difference if they did this with the Humble Bundle, or if they did it themselves, releasing these games "pay what you want" without the option of donating it or giving it as a Humble Tip?

#103 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

derpppp

did you miss the part where indy devs were whining about this bundle on twitter?

Hand__Of__God.png

#104 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I think that many of us who buy Humble bundles care about DRM. This was a missed opportunity for THQ to not just raise some money but also to burnish its reputation among us. If now isn't the time for THQ to be bold, when is?

porting games to another platform (i.e. Linux, Mac) costs time and money both of which THQ doesn't have right now

AnQAzfm.png

#105 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

One major Humble Bundle point that a lot of WinDO$ Gamers miss is that the Humble Bundles have Linux & Mac ports. This is a cause of major fanfare in the Linux & Mac communities. Go back at look at average paid by platform, it is always Linux > Mac > Win.

#106 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

porting games to another platform (i.e. Linux, Mac) costs time and money both of which THQ doesn't have right now

But surely it was possible to create DRM-free builds.

#107 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

did you miss the part where indy devs were whining about this bundle on twitter?

So you felt the need to whine about them? There's a vocal minority that everyone sees and hears that paints the majority in a bad light. So what if some of them want to bitch about it. It's not like they're going to make HB change it's bundle. People bitched about the Book bundle too... Oh well. Either buy the THQ bundle or don't.

And it was actually really lazy of THQ to NOT offer DRM-free versions. Only DRM I support is steam. I like having all my games together in one library. However, I understand that many people don't even want steam DRM on their games. If anything was going to boost THQ's rep it would have been celebrating a move toward DRM-free here.

#108 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Will these run on a laptop with an Intel HD 4000 graphics card?

seanr1221.png

#109 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Will these run on a laptop with an Intel HD 4000 graphics card?

Run? Yes but really slow except Company of Heroes. Go buy this bundle since its fabulous!

#110 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

So glad I waited to buy Metro 2033. Buying this as soon as I get home.

#111 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Went through check out with Amazon, confirmed payment, never got an email and just sent me to the support page. Guess I won't be buying things from Humble Inc. ever again.

#112 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I see this as a one-off that fits into a very specific situation. Complaining about it is kinda silly, particularly since there are a million indie bundles and there will be no shortage of them anytime soon.
Posted Image

#113 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Wonder what (if anything) might be included later on.

#114 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Have most of these but will pick up for the CoH expansions and Red Faction.

#115 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

So what if some of them want to bitch about it....

If you wanna pay money for flash games that's your prerogative as a strong, independent black woman. If I want to call them out for crying about something that doesn't even affect them on twitter I will.

Hand__Of__God.png

#116 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Went through check out with Amazon, confirmed payment, never got an email and just sent me to the support page. Guess I won't be buying things from Humble Inc. ever again.

Try their key resender:

http://www.humblebun...com/?s=resender

#117 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

in for a BTA bundle hoping to get DRM-Free builds later...if THQ is around to make them. if not, i can think of worse places for my $5 to go.
76561198025510545.png

#118 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I had the same problem, tried again and Amazon Payments said it was down. Tried Google Payments and it was down too. Tried Paypal and the order went through fine. So the problem was with Amazon, not Humble Bundle.

I've bought all the previous Humble Bundles and have never had an issue with their service. If you don't want to buy from them again after one hiccup, it's your loss.

#119 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Charity > Linux + DRM free. Seriously, get over it brahs.
Posted Image

#120 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

So, in case they add games later, do you have to pay the average to get them or anything you want?