(DEAD) The Humble THQ Bundle: 12/10 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War added

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#121 dumlaox

dumlaox

Eat, Work, Game, Sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I have all of these on 360 with the exception of Company of Heroes which I own on PC. Got it as a gift for a cousin of mine, though, who's just starting to get into PC gaming. $10 well spent.

Thanks for the notification OP!

14610.png

#122 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

So, in case they add games later, do you have to pay the average to get them or anything you want?

Historically: Pay anything before the bonus comes out and you get it. After the bonus, you have to BTA>

#123 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Charity > Linux + DRM free. Seriously, get over it brahs.

I never give any money to charity in any of these bundles. Almost all of my money goes to
the developers, plus a small tip to the bundle organizers.

I prefer to give separately to charites of my own choosing near the end of each year.

I'm also a Linux gamer (make of that what you will...) and support DRM free games.

Seriously, takes all sorts brah.

#124 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Historically: Pay anything before the bonus comes out and you get it. After the bonus, you have to BTA>

That's how that works... I always pay the BTA price anyway so I just assumed that's why I got them.

#125 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Super happy this bundle made its way out. I haven't played anything on PC in a while (kinda hard running a P4 & Geforce 6800), but picked up an Alienware X51 over Black Friday weekend. To think I was excited a month ago to pick up just Saints Row The Third on :360: for $12.99 on Gamefly. Glad I decided to stroll over to the PC again for gaming.... :D
Posted Image

#126 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

That's nothing more than your opinion, louiedog.

And their site reads: "Pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-blown expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon." It's misleading to claim individual keys for said games, yet give one bundle key. Clearly cut and paste from the Android 4.

You don't know how much I paid for the BTA bundle, do you? :roll:

Quit crying about this, you don't "lose money" when it is pay what you want. Oh no all those AAA games have to activate at once instead of breaking their ToS to "give away" (meaing sell individual keys when bundle ends) extras. If you want to give away so much, consider buying..extra bundles for a dollar.

#127 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Have just about all of these, but still paid the average ($5.30) because THQ deserves it--they published Saints Row 2 and the Darksiders series, people!

#128 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Beat the average and gave all to THQ. Already own all of these games, but getting the soundtrack extras is a nice incentive.

Hope THQ finds a way to get their financial woes in order. I have enjoyed a lot of the games they have published despite what reviewers say.

#129 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Anyone else having problems trying to buy with Amazon Payments?
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#130 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Anyone else having problems trying to buy with Amazon Payments?

I've heard of non-smoothness with non-Paypal in the past. I always use paypal, and it always works instantly for HiB.

Also when I did the math a couple years ago, Paypal had the least fees/deductions for small purchases.

#131 argyle

argyle

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Beat the average and gave all to THQ. Already own all of these games, but getting the soundtrack extras is a nice incentive.

Hope THQ finds a way to get their financial woes in order. I have enjoyed a lot of the games they have published despite what reviewers say.

I did the same thing. I don't have RF:A (or the CoH games, but I'm not interested in those) and having SR3 on the PC is cool. Kinda hoping they add RF:G later on, I wouldn't mind having that on the pc as well.
Posted Image

#132 lordkaosu

lordkaosu

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Google Wallet was instant for me as well.
Posted Image

#133 TheDragonAce

TheDragonAce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Instant buy, thanks.

#134 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Cheapness > Charity > Linux/Mac > DRM, brehs!

#135 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

I've heard of non-smoothness with non-Paypal in the past. I always use paypal, and it always works instantly for HiB.

Also when I did the math a couple years ago, Paypal had the least fees/deductions for small purchases.

I've never had a problem in the past using Amazon Payments. After 5 or 6 more tries it finally went through. It always failed after I hit confirmed and it was going back to HB, so I guess it was something on their end.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#136 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Google Wallet was instant for me as well.

I used Paypal and it went through, but I never received an email. I chose giftable code to send to my other email address, but it hasn't came through yet. Anyone else having issues receiving the email from them?

#137 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

cheapness > charity > linux/mac > drm, brehs!

+1

#138 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Maybe they'll add DLC as a bonus for SR3.

#139 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I did the same thing. I don't have RF:A (or the CoH games, but I'm not interested in those) and having SR3 on the PC is cool. Kinda hoping they add RF:G later on, I wouldn't mind having that on the pc as well.

Same here, I own almost all of them, except SR3, i hope that THQ is able to finish the South Park and the new Metro game.

#140 joebootoo

joebootoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I used Paypal and it went through, but I never received an email. I chose giftable code to send to my other email address, but it hasn't came through yet. Anyone else having issues receiving the email from them?

Yeah, I am also still waiting for giftable codes to arrive. Bought 2 to give to my friends who still have yet to play Saints Row 3 despite me telling them to get on that for a year.

#141 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Doubt it. Better money maker to give people the base game for cheap and try to hook some extra DLC sales.

#142 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm still betting on Nexuiz and maybe Red Faction Guerilla which they gave away to early Darksiders buyers.

#143 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I'm currently waiting on my e-mail with the Bundle link, as well. This is the first time it hasn't been instantly generated with my donation. In addition, I made my payment about two hours ago.

This is my favorite part - Everybody panic!

#144 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

wow this is an insane price for this bundle, hopefully everything works out and i can finally get to try out metro 2033

#145 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

This bundle is NUTS. In for SR3 and Darksiders, the rest is just icing on the cake for me.
Posted Image

#146 bxkid

bxkid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks op. love me some games. :)

#147 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

wow this is an insane price for this bundle, hopefully everything works out and i can finally get to try out metro 2033

Metro is a fucking great game. Totally worth it.

Glad at least beating the average gives you a separate key for SR3. Might just beat it to give it to a buddy so we can play it.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#148 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm not sure if this works with gift keys too, but anyone who bought a key not as a gift and still hasn't gotten their link should try the key resender:

https://www.humblebu...com/?s=resender

Edited by Miranda, 17 December 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#149 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm not sure if this works with gift keys too, but anyone who bought a key not as a gift and still hasn't gotten their link should try the key resender:

https://www.humblebu...com/?s=resender

I didn't get an email, but used the resender and the link for the THQ bundle was there along with all of the other bundles I previously bought.

Yeah, tried that several times as well with no success. I'm not worried too much, I assume they are quite busy at the moment. I'll give it until later tonight before worrying.

#150 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I got in somewhat early (first 40 min), used Amazon payment, and simply clicked on the link provided after checkout. Guessing the system might be overloaded now.