• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Persona 4 Golden Skin and Wallpaper Set for PS Vita $9.99

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Kinda cool. I didn't preorder this from BB (I got mine with the skin from Newegg) but I'm hoping best buy gave these out to preorders otherwise it is kind of a dick move for them to sell them on their webiste for a profit.

#3 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Are these the same or similar to the one that comes with the solid gold edition? I have one coming. Curious if its the same. if its is I wont bother ordering one of these.

Also the wallpapers are available free from atlus. I guess its just a link to that webpage that is included with these and the solid gold edition.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#4 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Are these the same or similar to the one that comes with the solid gold edition? I have one coming. Curious if its the same. if its is I wont bother ordering one of these.

Also the wallpapers are available free from atlus. I guess its just a link to that webpage that is included with these and the solid gold edition.

Well it is from the pre-order and yeah they r the same

#5 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

If you scroll down and read the fine print, it says this is only available if you pre-order the game. Otherwise, it clearly states on the lower right-hand corner on the back of the skin with a black box around it "NOT FOR SALE". Pretty shitty of Best Buy, a major retailer, to completely ignore this if true.

The URL for the wallpapers is on the skin itself.

#6 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ouch, this is pretty low for Best Buy...

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#7 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Or you could just order the game from amazon and apparently still get the skin free.

At least, the one I ordered over the weekend came with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

If you buy the game at Newegg you will get the Vita skin, which I did recently. (Ordered a Vita not too long ago XD)
What Best Buy is doing is really low.... Disappointed in them right now....

#9 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Newegg has them also and it's stated in the title of the order page. I ordered one a few weeks ago, and it came with the skin, no problems.

EDIT:Beat me to it! LOL

#10 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

How does this look on a white vita I wonder...

#11 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

If you buy the game at Newegg you will get the Vita skin, which I did recently. (Ordered a Vita not too long ago XD)
What Best Buy is doing is really low.... Disappointed in them right now....

I don't really see how this is low. If they didn't get enough pre-orders to exhaust their stock of the pre order bonus, selling the item separately isn't low IMO. People who forgot or missed the pre order have a chance to get it People who want to wait to try to get the game cheaper later on can still order it and get it without having to pay MSRP at launch.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

I remember them selling the dishonored oil lamps for $5 if you didn't preorder same as any other pre order bonuses they have long as their in the system they will sell it this isn't anything new

#13 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

I remember them selling the dishonored oil lamps for $5 if you didn't preorder same as any other pre order bonuses they have long as their in the system they will sell it this isn't anything new

Oooh, wish i would have gotten in on the oil lamps! Didn't pre order but wanted one of those. Wonder if they would have any in store...

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Oooh, wish i would have gotten in on the oil lamps! Didn't pre order but wanted one of those. Wonder if they would have any in store...

I would guess not by now but it wouldn't hurt to ask your store might still have them around somewhere

#15 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Or you could just order the game from amazon and apparently still get the skin free.

At least, the one I ordered over the weekend came with it.

Anyone else have the same experience?

#16 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I would guess not by now but it wouldn't hurt to ask your store might still have them around somewhere

I might check next time I am in there. The gaming guys seemed pretty cool last time I was there.

#17 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I ordered P4 Golden earlier this week from amazon and still got the skin.
Posted Image

#18 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Alright, taking my chances with Amazon then. Just checked and it landed in my lighning deal for the first time too.

#19 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't really see how this is low. If they didn't get enough pre-orders to exhaust their stock of the pre order bonus, selling the item separately isn't low IMO. People who forgot or missed the pre order have a chance to get it People who want to wait to try to get the game cheaper later on can still order it and get it without having to pay MSRP at launch.

I would normally agree with you except for the fact that it clearly states on the packaging "NOT FOR SALE". This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.

#20 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

How does this look on a white vita I wonder...

It looks cool. I didn't like the way it made the screen feel though. It felt rough and like it was harder to drag my finger across it. I ended up taking the skin off.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#21 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.

Lol do you actually think ATLUS just gave these to best buy without them getting any compensation ? And your NOT FOR RESALE point is a double edged sword have you traded in any of those dj heros or udraw games that have not for resale on the back of them what do you think happen to those? Either way shady or not I rather buy it from best buy if I was interested instead of from the eBay scalpers or for that fact even the people on here selling them for $20

#22 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I would normally agree with you except for the fact that it clearly states on the packaging "NOT FOR SALE". This is not only low, but in my eyes, criminal. Best Buy is essentially stealing money from ATLUS.

Well, there's nothing criminal about it. At most it would be a civil issue between Best Buy and Atlus as to whether any contract between them was broken in Best Buy reselling these outside of the pre order. My inclination is the "Not for sale" sticker is meant moreso to prevent ebay gouging and not this situation.

#23 Kioskwocky

Kioskwocky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

My inclination is the "Not for sale" sticker is meant moreso to prevent ebay gouging and not this situation.

No, it's the opposite; "Not for sale" notices are for retailers but it doesn't preclude individuals from selling it. It's like how mattress tags say "it is illegal to remove this tag"--that is ONLY for the retailer prior to the sale and delivery of the mattress.

#24 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

No, it's the opposite; "Not for sale" notices are for retailers but it doesn't preclude individuals from selling it. It's like how mattress tags say "it is illegal to remove this tag"--that is ONLY for the retailer prior to the sale and delivery of the mattress.

Not exactly. Those tags on mattresses are due to very specific consumer protection laws. These stickers on promotional items have no specific law addressing them, it's only the contractual relationship between the two companies that govern it.

#25 Kioskwocky

Kioskwocky

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Not exactly. Those tags on mattresses are due to very specific consumer protection laws. These stickers on promotional items have no specific law addressing them, it's only the contractual relationship between the two companies that govern it.

I'm saying it's similar in terms of who is bound by the particular obligation in question, not legality vs contractual responsibilities.

#26 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

They also did this with the final fantasy 13 faceplate for the Xbox.

#27 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

The whole reason this pre-order item even EXISTS was to encourage people to buy P4G. For Best Buy to circumvent that is EXTREMELY scummy. My real point is that Best Buy is double dipping and re-selling a pre-order item that they had no hand in producing and for a drastic price. And if my memory serves me correctly, this was also the most expensive pre-order bonus for ATLUS to produce to-date. Making it just that much more of a underhanded move. It may not be "legally" wrong, but it is in terms of morals IMO.

#28 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

It looks cool. I didn't like the way it made the screen feel though. It felt rough and like it was harder to drag my finger across it. I ended up taking the skin off.

You kinda have to "wear it in"... I thought this at first as well, but after a couple of days there's no difference at all.

Also, I'm fine with BB doing this, just not for $10. That's at 25% of the cost of the game itself! Now, if it were $3, I'd grab one. $1 and I'd pick up a few, at $10 that's pretty much price gouging and reminds me of something TRU would do.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#29 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Did anyone Fuck up when trying to put this thing on? I got one tiny bubble under mine and its driving me crazy. I was considering buying another one but they were going for around 20-30 on eBay.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#30 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Did anyone Fuck up when trying to put this thing on? I got one tiny bubble under mine and its driving me crazy. I was considering buying another one but they were going for around 20-30 on eBay.

People have reported that you can take it off and put them back on as much as you want. Makes sense seeing how it isn't a sticker, it's a skin. Just be careful on whatever corner you decide to start pulling up on.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?