Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Figures (Giants excluded) $4.49 w/coupon @Toys R Us

Does anybody else remember the beginning of 2012 when you could practically only buy figures on eBay? Now it seems like it would be hard to buy them at full price, every week somebody has them on sale. Well except for maybe the Giants. Which are really the only ones I want. And a sale on the "portal owners pack".

[quote name='rjejr']Does anybody else remember the beginning of 2012 when you could practically only buy figures on eBay? Now it seems like it would be hard to buy them at full price, every week somebody has them on sale. Well except for maybe the Giants. Which are really the only ones I want. And a sale on the "portal owners pack".[/QUOTE]

No one seems to want to put the Portal Owners Pack on sale which is unfortunate. :(

[quote name='rjejr']Does anybody else remember the beginning of 2012 when you could practically only buy figures on eBay? Now it seems like it would be hard to buy them at full price, every week somebody has them on sale. Well except for maybe the Giants. Which are really the only ones I want. And a sale on the "portal owners pack".[/QUOTE]

Watch for sales on the regular Starter Pack. I snagged one a Best Buy during Black Friday for $50. $25 off the normal price and $10 off the Portal Owners Pack.

I'm really getting pissed at all these deals excluding Giants figures. Don't get me wrong, I can comprehend they want to clear out the old 'Adventures' stock, but on some levels, these sales are a bit misleading. I got snaked first with the GS PUR coupon, then on Black Friday at TRU with the B1G1-1/2" off. To piss off confoosious, it really seemed like a bait and switch if you didn't clearly understand the language and wording, and I remember for the GS coupon, they did have Giants stated in the coupon..

These deals are great for people that don't have them all. The old figures work just fine in the new game, and only miss a couple of features in being able to switch paths and do a special move. You can still level to 15. To the average player/kid it won't make a big difference.

BTW, do yourself a portal and skip the Portal Owners pack and go for the Starter Pack. If you are on PS3/Wii it means you will get a wired portal, and save battery money. At minimum you get a backup portal if the first one stops working. You also get two more $10 figures, one of which will likely never be available otherwise (s2 Cynder) and the other is only otherwise available in the legendary 3 pack or as a more expensive lightcore. You could make do with S1 Cynder and get the lightcore Jet Vac, but even on this sale you are still spending the $15 difference in list price. And the Starter Pack goes on sale all the time for close to or less than the Portal Owners list price. If price is the kicker for you, just wait it out and it will pop up on sale soon, probably right after Christmas if not before.

An employee at TRU told me they were told to push the Portal Owners pack to previous players due to the lower buy in at list price, and a $59 game is more in line with other games out there. But if you are going to collect some figures (and why would you play this game and not get at least some?), it really is a short term savings long term loss.

[quote name='defpally']These deals are great for people that don't have them all. The old figures work just fine in the new game, and only miss a couple of features in being able to switch paths and do a special move. You can still level to 15. To the average player/kid it won't make a big difference.

BTW, do yourself a portal and skip the Portal Owners pack and go for the Starter Pack. If you are on PS3/Wii it means you will get a wired portal, and save battery money. At minimum you get a backup portal if the first one stops working. You also get two more $10 figures, one of which will likely never be available otherwise (s2 Cynder) and the other is only otherwise available in the legendary 3 pack or as a more expensive lightcore. You could make do with S1 Cynder and get the lightcore Jet Vac, but even on this sale you are still spending the $15 difference in list price. And the Starter Pack goes on sale all the time for close to or less than the Portal Owners list price. If price is the kicker for you, just wait it out and it will pop up on sale soon, probably right after Christmas if not before.

An employee at TRU told me they were told to push the Portal Owners pack to previous players due to the lower buy in at list price, and a $59 game is more in line with other games out there. But if you are going to collect some figures (and why would you play this game and not get at least some?), it really is a short term savings long term loss.[/QUOTE]

All great reasons to pick up the Starter Pack. I snagged mine for 39.99 on Amazons Ligntning deal, a steal!

[quote name='defpally']An employee at TRU told me they were told to push the Portal Owners pack to previous players due to the lower buy in at list price[/QUOTE]

I saw that happen first-hand. Parents brand new to Skylanders were being told by the TRU Employee that they should buy the 1st Full game and Giants Owners pack to begin.

It took most of my willpower to not butt into their conversation and say something about the worthlessness of the Owner's pack even if you already have the previous game. Fortunately since the Giants Starter was on sale for $50 that day (which made it even more preposterous to offer the PO pack) they decided that would suffice. Good call, clueless parents!

bread's done
Back