Dark Souls $15.99 FSSS Amazon PS3+360

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Amazon needs to get with the times and start offering free shipping on games like newegg

This Free Super Saver Shipping on 25 dollars or more is getting tired
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, buy this. The sense of accomplishment I got from completing numerous challenges in the game was unlike any other game I've played.

It's wrong to rage during it. Even when you die, you're learning something. Dying isn't even a waste of time because you're getting better and learning. Also, be aware that when you die, it's your fault. There aren't any truly cheap deaths: you were either not paying attention or bit off more than you could chew.

The best way I got away from rage was don't even think about the souls you have in your possession. They're not even really yours until they're spent. Souls can be farmed pretty easily, so it's not a big deal to lose some.

If you have a choice, the 360 version is the better version in my opinion since the PS3 pvp seems more laggy, and there are some graphical glitches there as well. This is coming from someone who platted the PS3, 1000/1000 the Xbox, and is currently working on 1000/1000 the PC version. Yes, I bought it THREE times - mainly to see if there were differences in the PVP. The main difference is that there doesn't seem to be many players in the PC version. :(

Lastly, I want to mention that the game has a reputation for being difficult, but the way around something too difficult for you is to level yourself up, or summon someone to help clear and area and kill a boss!

3x Platnum? Damn dude you are boss. Also very nice opinion, I agree with everything you said. I would go as far as to say It's a crime not to at least give this game a good run at this price if you own a 360 or PS3.

#33 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Sweet. It will be here Tuesday. I got the 360 version because I can't stand using the ps3 controllers. Any tips or suggestions when playing Dark Souls?

As Guardian Owl said the Pyromancer class is a good one. The master key is a good item to start with cause you can unlock some doors sooner than later. If you get stuck don't forget about to use the Dark Souls Wiki.

#34 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

As long as people call the souls games JRPGs then I won't have anything to refute.

http://www.gamefaqs....tion-3/64784633

needler420.png

#35 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Finally convinced myself to bite on this.

I classify this as an action /adventure game, this (in my eyes) would need to be a story centric game to be classified as an RPG.

#36 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

nice deal. i actually prefer demons souls over this game but they they are both great games overall. you'll definitely get your 16 bucks worth.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#37 150Calories

150Calories

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

And dark souls isn't a hard game. That gets overrated by casuals.

look up def of "jerk" and look in mirror and say that 2 urself. no its not so fun being hurtful is it wen it is u. its like mom jokes other ppl think they funny but wen its ur mom they say oh now my feeling hurt this is same way if some ppl think this game ise asy then 2 bad it dont mean they r "casual" gamer or "overrate" gamer get over it this game is not the easiest game. not every1 has degree in games like u do.

#38 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

There are not plans in the immediate future to release a GOTY edition in the United States. If the game would just be tossed on the backlog you could hold out and wait to see if it will be released, but I kinda of figure if they were going to do that, they would of tried it for this holiday shopping season.

The GOTY is the "Prepare to Die Edition" I think. Which is out for the PC at least here.

#39 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

10 or less......

#40 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

The GOTY is the "Prepare to Die Edition" I think. Which is out for the PC at least here.

Yep, in Europe on the consoles and Prepare to Die edition is the standard version for the PC since it didn't come out on PC until after they decided to do the DLC, like how the standard version of Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is a GOTY-style edition. Astorias of the Abyss is the only DLC and it's what DLC should be, new content which was not developed at the same time as the main game but AFTER the game was released, for a time they weren't even going to have DLC.

Also, I'll just leave these here

Guardian_owl.png

#41 Frany

Frany

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Not really a great deal since you can get this on ebay for around 14$ with free shipping.

#42 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I was happy paying the $16 from Amazon.

#43 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Not really a great deal since you can get this on ebay for around 14$ with free shipping.

Amazon is generally more reliable than some random eBay seller.

#44 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

I guess if you're lucky you can if you catch a good time or something but most (new) copies of Dark Souls are going for $18-22 after counting shipping. I know because I just listed a copy myself and looked a whole bunch of recently completely sales.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#45 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Really?! I'll take my 2 day prime over some random seller on Ebay

#46 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I was kind of disappointed to see Demon's Souls actually costs more right now than Dark Souls. I have been playing the crap out of Dark the past couple weeks and need a reason to boot up my PS3.

#47 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I was kind of disappointed to see Demon's Souls actually costs more right now than Dark Souls. I have been playing the crap out of Dark the past couple weeks and need a reason to boot up my PS3.

Demon's Souls $15.99 at newegg w/ free shipping.

Guardian_owl.png

#48 77Pat

77Pat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I was waiting on a sale for Demons Souls for under $10, when I found this for $6 at Target Clearance. Fun game so far and definitely a learning experience (I find this harder than Ninja Gaiden or trying to get high style points in Bayonetta).

Right now I am still at the beginning, and there are a few changes I would make next time I play through (I started as a Knight, should have probably picked Wanderer or Hunter for my play style. Looking at some build sites the only difference is around 1 or 2 rank points though.) The only thing that caught me really off guard was the dragon fire on the first pass (had read the wiki a little bit and thought that the fire was after you crossed).

#49 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Wow, got my copy today and it was GREATEST HITS!? I was NOT aware they had made this a greatest hits, needless to say I've already printed a return slip for it. I know not many people are as obsessed with those ugly red cases as I am, but it's something to keep in mind.

Edited by Dominick331, 04 December 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#50 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Wow, got my copy today and it was GREATEST HITS!? I was NOT aware they had made this a greatest hits, needless to say I've already printed a return slip for it. I know not many people are as obsessed with those ugly red cases as I am, but it's something to keep in mind.

I didn't realize they made Dark Souls a GH title. Any idea of it includes the DLC? I'll happily trade you my sealed non-GH copy if it does. :)

#51 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

I didn't realize they made Dark Souls a GH title. Any idea of it includes the DLC? I'll happily trade you my sealed non-GH copy if it does. :)

It doesn't have DLC greatest hits is the same as black label.

needler420.png

#52 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

It's understandable...I don't personally care about the red cases but I know what it's like. I personally will not buy a game unless it at least has its case and artwork...manuals are a plus.

#53 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

On another note, I can't beat Kalameet....fucker. Level 200 on 360, anyone close to me want to co-op and help?

#54 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

It doesn't have DLC greatest hits is the same as black label.

Offer retracted. Those red cases are hideous! ;)

#55 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I want to play dark souls, but I am thinking hoping they might will release a GOTY edition soon, what do you all think?

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!

#56 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Doubtful. If they ever did, it'd probably be something like $40, which is still more expensive than buying the game at this price and getting the DLC separately.

#57 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Dark Souls now $15.99 at newegg for PS3 version only w/free shipping.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879253080
Demon's Souls is still $15.99 as well.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879225033

Guardian_owl.png

#58 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

FYI just got Dark Souls ps3 @ Target on Sunday for $5 so you might want to check there first b4 trying Amazon/Newegg.