Torchlight 2 $9.99 on 12/2 only. Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Credit to goodgirls from SD. This may be gamestop.com only and requires steam client to play.

ON SALE NOW (12/2 only)
http://impulsedriven...s/ESD-IMP-W3332

Edited by Japakneez, 02 December 2012 - 07:41 AM.
Made the link clickable

#2 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thanks OP.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#3 Da Sage

Da Sage

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Good deal, definitely in for one!!!

#4 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

In for two. Thanks, OP.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#5 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

thats a steal, great game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

I can use GS credit right? If so I am definitely buying this.
Posted Image

#7 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

I'm going to wait for it to be included in Humble Indie Bundle 7 or 8 and just BTA to get it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I'm right? I think it's going to happen...

#8 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

I'm going to wait for it to be included in Humble Indie Bundle 7 or 8 and just BTA to get it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I'm right? I think it's going to happen...

Maybe eventually after a long time but it's a fairly new release and that's not likely to happen soon.

#9 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Don't hold your breath. Took like... three years for Torchlight 1 to appear in the Humble Bundle and only then because Torchlight 2 obsoletes it and they wanted to give people a taste so they'd buy the sequel. I'm sure it might be in a bundle some day but you'll be waiting a year at least. Probably two.

#10 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Really wish they'd put this out on consoles.

#11 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Maybe eventually after a long time but it's a fairly new release and that's not likely to happen soon.

Don't hold your breath. Took like... three years for Torchlight 1 to appear in the Humble Bundle and only then because Torchlight 2 obsoletes it and they wanted to give people a taste so they'd buy the sequel. I'm sure it might be in a bundle some day but you'll be waiting a year at least. Probably two.

Works for me, I'm in no hurry at all. :)

#12 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

is this game better than diablo 3?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

#13 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

It has its problems but... yes, it's better. Just don't expect the same AAA level graphical polish, voice acting, etc. that Blizzard can easily afford whereas Runic cannot.

#14 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

It has its problems but... yes, it's better. Just don't expect the same AAA level graphical polish, voice acting, etc. that Blizzard can easily afford whereas Runic cannot.

Really? They must have made night and day improvements over Torchlight 1. I wouldn't put the two in the same league. Both are great but they are very much a hamburger (Torchlight) versus steak (Diablo) argument.

#15 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Really wish they'd put this out on consoles.

That makes two of us. I actually enjoyed the first one more on the 360. Does anyone know if 2 supports a game pad?

#16 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

great price for a great game
Posted Image

#17 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

That makes two of us. I actually enjoyed the first one more on the 360. Does anyone know if 2 supports a game pad?

Nope.

Physical damage in this game sucks btw, as in an order of magnitude difference in damage.

I thought the first game was better for single player, but the multiplayer makes TL2 more fun. My main is like an 86 Embermage.

#18 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

is this game better than diablo 3?

The big problem with Diablo 3 was the end game portion and I'm not that far into Torchlight 2 to be able to compare it.

The gameplay is on par with D3 or better and the loot is wayyyyy better in TL2 (I've found like 10 legendaries in 5 hours rather than the 2 I found in Diablo 3 after 100 hours). For $9.99 you can't go wrong if you like dungeon crawlers.

#19 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

The big problem with Diablo 3 was the end game portion and I'm not that far into Torchlight 2 to be able to compare it.

The gameplay is on par with D3 or better and the loot is wayyyyy better in TL2 (I've found like 10 legendaries in 5 hours rather than the 2 I found in Diablo 3 after 100 hours). For $9.99 you can't go wrong if you like dungeon crawlers.

Um, I really doubt you found 10 legendaries. Legendaries have red text. I think you mean uniques, with gold text.

#20 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.

#21 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.

Yep. This is what i am holding out for.

#22 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I really doubt this will make $5 on the Steam winter sale. That probably won't happen until 2013 some time.

As stated, this game doesn't support a controller which is also probably one of the reasons why there isn't a console version of this or Diablo 3 for that matter. You'd have to completely redo the UIs and you'd lose a lot of the inventory management which works really well for these games.

The good news though is that Torchlight 2 runs well even on fairly low end PCs.

#23 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I can use GS credit right? If so I am definitely buying this.

Yep!

#24 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yes, this.

As far as TL2 being better then D3? Almost in every way. D3 has better graphics and a better online setup (TL2 took me 24 hours to get logged into Ruinic's servers and me and my dad had some issues getting together online) but that's really all I can think of. The value is much better with TL2 obviously and the game is just overall better. It's a shame Diablo carries the name and will grow on regardless of how the expansion turns out , where as I'm hoping for another Torchlight but even if it sold one million copies that's only 1/10th what Blizzard has gotten with D3, and at a higher price and income from RMAH.

#25 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Really? They must have made night and day improvements over Torchlight 1. I wouldn't put the two in the same league. Both are great but they are very much a hamburger (Torchlight) versus steak (Diablo) argument.

Terrible analogy, especially if you haven't played T2 yet. Its leagues better than D3.

It's more akin to sitting down at an overpriced "fancy" restaurant (D3) to having a hearty homecooked meal (T2).

apathy.gif

#26 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Yes, this.

As far as TL2 being better then D3? Almost in every way. D3 has better graphics and a better online setup (TL2 took me 24 hours to get logged into Ruinic's servers and me and my dad had some issues getting together online) but that's really all I can think of. The value is much better with TL2 obviously and the game is just overall better. It's a shame Diablo carries the name and will grow on regardless of how the expansion turns out , where as I'm hoping for another Torchlight but even if it sold one million copies that's only 1/10th what Blizzard has gotten with D3, and at a higher price and income from RMAH.

Not if you just bought D3 for $10 over BF at the Microsoft sale. :D Either way I am owning both of these. Biggest difference...I can play T2 on my computer right now but will have to wait for an upgrade for D3...so T2 wins for now.

#27 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Not if you just bought D3 for $10 over BF at the Microsoft sale. :D Either way I am owing both of these. Biggest difference...I can play T2 on my computer right now but will have to wait for an upgrade for D3...so T2 wins for now.

D3 is not a bad game it's just (imho) way overpriced unless you managed to snag the TRU or Microsoft deal for it.

But you bring up a good point about Torchlight 2. It's very forgiving of even older and lower end PCs unlike a lot of other PC games.

#28 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Torchlight 1 was basically a tech demo for Torchlight 2. So, yes, there are major improvements that flesh it out as a full game with multiple acts, proper bosses, proper classes, proper talent trees, etc. If Diablo 3 is 'steak' it's Salisbury steak... a glorified hamburger. Game play and content wise D3 has no advantages over Torchlight 2. It's flashier, has better graphics, and a dedicated (I hesitate to say secure) server but that's only relevant for people using the RMAH.

#29 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

diablo 3 blows though compared to diablo 2. I think diablo 2 was much better than torchlight 1 or 2 though, combined.
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#30 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Torchlight 2 isn't that much better in the replay value category. It's just too easy of a game that you sleepwalk through it. It's still a great game, but I only really had fun when I was playing with friends on hardcore at the higher difficulties because then it became more "fun" than a simple point and click through levels.