Torchlight 2 $9.99 on 12/2 only. Gamestop

I'm going to wait for it to be included in Humble Indie Bundle 7 or 8 and just BTA to get it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I'm right? I think it's going to happen...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm going to wait for it to be included in Humble Indie Bundle 7 or 8 and just BTA to get it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I'm right? I think it's going to happen...[/QUOTE]

Maybe eventually after a long time but it's a fairly new release and that's not likely to happen soon.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm going to wait for it to be included in Humble Indie Bundle 7 or 8 and just BTA to get it. Wouldn't it be hilarious if I'm right? I think it's going to happen...[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. Took like... three years for Torchlight 1 to appear in the Humble Bundle and only then because Torchlight 2 obsoletes it and they wanted to give people a taste so they'd buy the sequel. I'm sure it might be in a bundle some day but you'll be waiting a year at least. Probably two.

[quote name='Motoki']Maybe eventually after a long time but it's a fairly new release and that's not likely to happen soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Don't hold your breath. Took like... three years for Torchlight 1 to appear in the Humble Bundle and only then because Torchlight 2 obsoletes it and they wanted to give people a taste so they'd buy the sequel. I'm sure it might be in a bundle some day but you'll be waiting a year at least. Probably two.[/QUOTE]

Works for me, I'm in no hurry at all. :)

It has its problems but... yes, it's better. Just don't expect the same AAA level graphical polish, voice acting, etc. that Blizzard can easily afford whereas Runic cannot.

[quote name='Mooby']It has its problems but... yes, it's better. Just don't expect the same AAA level graphical polish, voice acting, etc. that Blizzard can easily afford whereas Runic cannot.[/QUOTE]

Really? They must have made night and day improvements over Torchlight 1. I wouldn't put the two in the same league. Both are great but they are very much a hamburger (Torchlight) versus steak (Diablo) argument.

[quote name='preston181']Really wish they'd put this out on consoles.[/QUOTE]
That makes two of us. I actually enjoyed the first one more on the 360. Does anyone know if 2 supports a game pad?

[quote name='JediDeath']That makes two of us. I actually enjoyed the first one more on the 360. Does anyone know if 2 supports a game pad?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Physical damage in this game sucks btw, as in an order of magnitude difference in damage.

I thought the first game was better for single player, but the multiplayer makes TL2 more fun. My main is like an 86 Embermage.

[quote name='DANIEL']is this game better than diablo 3?[/QUOTE]

The big problem with Diablo 3 was the end game portion and I'm not that far into Torchlight 2 to be able to compare it.

The gameplay is on par with D3 or better and the loot is wayyyyy better in TL2 (I've found like 10 legendaries in 5 hours rather than the 2 I found in Diablo 3 after 100 hours). For $9.99 you can't go wrong if you like dungeon crawlers.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']The big problem with Diablo 3 was the end game portion and I'm not that far into Torchlight 2 to be able to compare it.

The gameplay is on par with D3 or better and the loot is wayyyyy better in TL2 (I've found like 10 legendaries in 5 hours rather than the 2 I found in Diablo 3 after 100 hours). For $9.99 you can't go wrong if you like dungeon crawlers.[/QUOTE]

Um, I really doubt you found 10 legendaries. Legendaries have red text. I think you mean uniques, with gold text.

Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.

[quote name='Jodou']Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.[/QUOTE]

Yep. This is what i am holding out for.

I really doubt this will make $5 on the Steam winter sale. That probably won't happen until 2013 some time.

As stated, this game doesn't support a controller which is also probably one of the reasons why there isn't a console version of this or Diablo 3 for that matter. You'd have to completely redo the UIs and you'd lose a lot of the inventory management which works really well for these games.

The good news though is that Torchlight 2 runs well even on fairly low end PCs.

[quote name='Jodou']Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this.

As far as TL2 being better then D3? Almost in every way. D3 has better graphics and a better online setup (TL2 took me 24 hours to get logged into Ruinic's servers and me and my dad had some issues getting together online) but that's really all I can think of. The value is much better with TL2 obviously and the game is just overall better. It's a shame Diablo carries the name and will grow on regardless of how the expansion turns out , where as I'm hoping for another Torchlight but even if it sold one million copies that's only 1/10th what Blizzard has gotten with D3, and at a higher price and income from RMAH.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Really? They must have made night and day improvements over Torchlight 1. I wouldn't put the two in the same league. Both are great but they are very much a hamburger (Torchlight) versus steak (Diablo) argument.[/QUOTE]

Terrible analogy, especially if you haven't played T2 yet. Its leagues better than D3.

It's more akin to sitting down at an overpriced "fancy" restaurant (D3) to having a hearty homecooked meal (T2).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yes, this.

As far as TL2 being better then D3? Almost in every way. D3 has better graphics and a better online setup (TL2 took me 24 hours to get logged into Ruinic's servers and me and my dad had some issues getting together online) but that's really all I can think of. The value is much better with TL2 obviously and the game is just overall better. It's a shame Diablo carries the name and will grow on regardless of how the expansion turns out , where as I'm hoping for another Torchlight but even if it sold one million copies that's only 1/10th what Blizzard has gotten with D3, and at a higher price and income from RMAH.[/QUOTE]

Not if you just bought D3 for $10 over BF at the Microsoft sale. :D Either way I am owning both of these. Biggest difference...I can play T2 on my computer right now but will have to wait for an upgrade for D3...so T2 wins for now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not if you just bought D3 for $10 over BF at the Microsoft sale. :D Either way I am owing both of these. Biggest difference...I can play T2 on my computer right now but will have to wait for an upgrade for D3...so T2 wins for now.[/QUOTE]

D3 is not a bad game it's just (imho) way overpriced unless you managed to snag the TRU or Microsoft deal for it.

But you bring up a good point about Torchlight 2. It's very forgiving of even older and lower end PCs unlike a lot of other PC games.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Really? They must have made night and day improvements over Torchlight 1. I wouldn't put the two in the same league. Both are great but they are very much a hamburger (Torchlight) versus steak (Diablo) argument.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight 1 was basically a tech demo for Torchlight 2. So, yes, there are major improvements that flesh it out as a full game with multiple acts, proper bosses, proper classes, proper talent trees, etc. If Diablo 3 is 'steak' it's Salisbury steak... a glorified hamburger. Game play and content wise D3 has no advantages over Torchlight 2. It's flashier, has better graphics, and a dedicated (I hesitate to say secure) server but that's only relevant for people using the RMAH.

diablo 3 blows though compared to diablo 2. I think diablo 2 was much better than torchlight 1 or 2 though, combined.

Torchlight 2 isn't that much better in the replay value category. It's just too easy of a game that you sleepwalk through it. It's still a great game, but I only really had fun when I was playing with friends on hardcore at the higher difficulties because then it became more "fun" than a simple point and click through levels.

[quote name='Motoki']
But you bring up a good point about Torchlight 2. It's very forgiving of even older and lower end PCs unlike a lot of other PC games.[/QUOTE]

It runs on my dads 8 year old netbook as did the first one, so yes :)

[quote name='spacebooger']Is this steamworks or do I have to use gamestop's own client?[/QUOTE]

It's Steamworks but Gamestop still may make you install their client to get the Steam key. They've been known to do that sometimes and other times not so it's hard to say but it's possible.

Once you redeem the Steam key you should be able to delete the Gamestop client though, if it forced you to install it to get the key in the first place.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It runs on my dads 8 year old netbook as did the first one, so yes :)[/QUOTE]
are u serious? lol cuz i am using a crappy laptop running intel hd graphics.

It's actually one of the few modern games that run well on that shitty Intel HD video which like 80% of computers that are sold these days have to cut corners and cost.

Don't play with my emotions. I have been hurt before, lmao!!!

I wish I could get it for 5 bucks on the winter.

i am probably going to wait till the steam sale on this again, don't want to install that gamestop app,lol

Thanks OP, looks like you get another 10% off for being a Pro member also. Just waiting on the order email. Hopefully, I won't have to install their app.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Still waiting to hear if you can uninstall the gamestop app after install and game will simply be in your list of steam games....[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy but I have before, and to my understanding you install the GS app to get the Steam code and you activate it. then you can uninstall the app if you wish

Would love to buy this but GS will not let me login with my account. Reset password twice even though I know what it is. Still no luck...

[quote name='groundskeeper']Would love to buy this but GS will not let me login with my account. Reset password twice even though I know what it is. Still no luck...[/QUOTE]

I've been facing that problem for months, is it saying please enter a valid email address?

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Still waiting to hear if you can uninstall the gamestop app after install and game will simply be in your list of steam games....[/QUOTE]

Once you register the Steam key it's attached to your Steam account for good so no, you don't need the Gamestop app after that point. If they make you install it (it seems it's hit or miss on that point based on past reports) then you just need it around long enough to get it to give you the key and after that you don't need it anymore.

The game is definitely Steamworks so it doesn't require the Gamestop app at all to actually run the game.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I've been facing that problem for months, is it saying please enter a valid email address?[/QUOTE]

Nope just loops around to the same login screen again. No error.

Tired Chrome, IE 10, IE 9 and Firefox (And different computers) just in case I thought it might be a browser issues before changing password.

I missed this during the steam sale. I really hate the impulse download. I wish amazon sold this so I could PM it with them. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for another steam sale. (My backlog is deep enough I can wait)

got it, thanks. it took about 7 minutes total to purchase the game (via credit), download the gamestop app, get key, uninstall app. as far as i can see the gamestop app didn't leave anything else behind. i wouldn't let the fact that you need to install it stop you from purchasing.

bread's done
Back