Torchlight 2 $9.99 on 12/2 only. Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

But you bring up a good point about Torchlight 2. It's very forgiving of even older and lower end PCs unlike a lot of other PC games.

It runs on my dads 8 year old netbook as did the first one, so yes :)

#32 spacebooger

spacebooger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Is this steamworks or do I have to use gamestop's own client?

#33 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Is this steamworks or do I have to use gamestop's own client?

It's Steamworks but Gamestop still may make you install their client to get the Steam key. They've been known to do that sometimes and other times not so it's hard to say but it's possible.

Once you redeem the Steam key you should be able to delete the Gamestop client though, if it forced you to install it to get the key in the first place.

#34 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

It runs on my dads 8 year old netbook as did the first one, so yes :)

are u serious? lol cuz i am using a crappy laptop running intel hd graphics.

#35 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

It's actually one of the few modern games that run well on that shitty Intel HD video which like 80% of computers that are sold these days have to cut corners and cost.

#36 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Same price it was on Steam last week; I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to, if not, $5 during the winter sale.

Don't play with my emotions. I have been hurt before, lmao!!!

I wish I could get it for 5 bucks on the winter.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#37 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

i am probably going to wait till the steam sale on this again, don't want to install that gamestop app,lol

#38 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

$9.99 price is now live

#39 pjgamer007

pjgamer007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks OP, looks like you get another 10% off for being a Pro member also. Just waiting on the order email. Hopefully, I won't have to install their app.

#40 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Still waiting to hear if you can uninstall the gamestop app after install and game will simply be in your list of steam games....

#41 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Still waiting to hear if you can uninstall the gamestop app after install and game will simply be in your list of steam games....

I didn't buy but I have before, and to my understanding you install the GS app to get the Steam code and you activate it. then you can uninstall the app if you wish

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#42 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Would love to buy this but GS will not let me login with my account. Reset password twice even though I know what it is. Still no luck...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#43 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Would love to buy this but GS will not let me login with my account. Reset password twice even though I know what it is. Still no luck...

I've been facing that problem for months, is it saying please enter a valid email address?

#44 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Once you register the Steam key it's attached to your Steam account for good so no, you don't need the Gamestop app after that point. If they make you install it (it seems it's hit or miss on that point based on past reports) then you just need it around long enough to get it to give you the key and after that you don't need it anymore.

The game is definitely Steamworks so it doesn't require the Gamestop app at all to actually run the game.

#45 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I've been facing that problem for months, is it saying please enter a valid email address?

Nope just loops around to the same login screen again. No error.

Tired Chrome, IE 10, IE 9 and Firefox (And different computers) just in case I thought it might be a browser issues before changing password.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#46 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I missed this during the steam sale. I really hate the impulse download. I wish amazon sold this so I could PM it with them. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for another steam sale. (My backlog is deep enough I can wait)

#47 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

got it, thanks. it took about 7 minutes total to purchase the game (via credit), download the gamestop app, get key, uninstall app. as far as i can see the gamestop app didn't leave anything else behind. i wouldn't let the fact that you need to install it stop you from purchasing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yup, it only took a couple extra minutes installing gamestop app then removing it. Great game