Wii U back in stock @ Target

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#91 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I have flashdrives bigger then the deluxes hd, to download two games is too little space on the deluxe. Its a good bundle for only fifty more but not mandatory for the extras given.

#92 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

I don't think it got any media attention at all. Almost all of my friends had no idea what a Wii U was, and the ones that had heard of it thought it was just a pad that you buy for your original Wii

I'm not talking about the wii u, I was talking about the last generation which did. I think the mentality of I'll buy one and sell a second to make up the cost of the first really hit hard this time around.

#93 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Called a few Target stores in my area, they all said they're holding stock for the ad on Sunday.
Posted Image

#94 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

To be fair though this console is no different than any other console released, it has a small launch lineup with potentially bad ports and the system has potential problems, no different than the launch of the last round. I think the Gamecube and N64 both only launched with 2 games, with the N64 being worse I do believe. I would really like to see a company come out and warranty their console for the entire time that they produce games for it but that is not going to happen.

Almost every console has had problems at launch, PS2 had the disc drive failure, I am not sure what the original XBox had but it had a power supply recall for the early consoles eventually, Gamecube had DRE to an extent but probably the most reliable of the bunch, PS3 has overheating and YLOD, Wii had GPU issues and lets not forget the infamous 360 RROD.

IMO the main reason to wait besides price is to see if any problems crop up on this console like the 360 RROD. No one wants to buy a $350 console that will become a paperweight in 3 years, probably before half the good games are out for it. If the Wii has told us anything its that the best games come out at the end of a system's lifecycle.

I purchased the XBox 360 last year and this year I purchased a PS3, I couldn't be more satisfied with both, it is not likely I will purchase another console for 5+ years since I was very satisfied with purchasing my consoles late in the cycle this time around.

I am not even sure why they made the basic set, they should have just went with the deluxe since you are technically losing money with the Basic, as Nintendo Land costs $60 at retail and you get almost no storage with the basic. Its bad enough that 32GB is the maximum you can get but 8GB is like nothing, basically enough for game saves and the system's firmware.

#95 tyrone888

tyrone888

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

You mean like the original Wii when it was priced $200 as compared to a PS3 or XBOX 360 that was selling for $300?

Come on man, stop defending Nintendo.

Huh? Honestly I have no idea what you're implying or referring to. All I said was that people bought 360s and PS3s this Black Friday because there were awesome deals for them like packing in Black Ops 2, Skyrim, and Forza for $250. When you compare that to $299 for a Wii U with no games or $349 for one with Nintendo Land, it's easy to see why people would choose the 360 or PS3 over a new system with no discounts.

#96 Looking4Deal

Looking4Deal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

As several posters on the thread already said, this is a location-based issue. I was in Central Florida last week, and there were no systems in the stores I visited (Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, GameStop, Sams Club). Back home in South Florida, I was at a few stores (and have a buddy who services Wal-Marts and Targets), and neither of us have spotted a system.

Perhaps it is just bad timing on my end that I have not seen any systems in the stores or maybe I'm in the areas where demand outweighs the supply.

I don't doubt the regional findings though. I remember visiting a girlfriend in northern Georgia back when the PS3 came out. There were no systems when I looked in SFla, but I went into a GameStop there and spotted 6-8 of them (can't remember the exact count) and purchased one. Funny... I still have the PS3. The girlfriend is long gone. Go figure.

#97 tyrone888

tyrone888

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

not gonna buy games digital, prefer the classic white and not paying an extra 50 for some stands a usb sized hd, and a game gonna be like 20 dollars soon. Soooo personal opinion.

Well sure, if you dont find value in the Deluxe extras then the Basic is perfect for you. For me, I do want the charging cradle and Nintendo Land, which at the moment goes for $80 combined.

#98 prmtyme

prmtyme

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

yeah these can be found pretty much everywhere around me. The two Gamestops around me have four of each version in stock since black Friday. When Ebay prices are priced retail then you know that demand on these are pretty much meeting the supply. Either way laughing at El Hoardo who believed that they can make a killing on these on Ebay.

i made 140 on one and 85 on another on launch = )
Lets be Friends!!

PSN: prmtyme

#99 prmtyme

prmtyme

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

As several posters on the thread already said, this is a location-based issue. I was in Central Florida last week, and there were no systems in the stores I visited (Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, GameStop, Sams Club). Back home in South Florida, I was at a few stores (and have a buddy who services Wal-Marts and Targets), and neither of us have spotted a system.

Perhaps it is just bad timing on my end that I have not seen any systems in the stores or maybe I'm in the areas where demand outweighs the supply.

I don't doubt the regional findings though. I remember visiting a girlfriend in northern Georgia back when the PS3 came out. There were no systems when I looked in SFla, but I went into a GameStop there and spotted 6-8 of them (can't remember the exact count) and purchased one. Funny... I still have the PS3. The girlfriend is long gone. Go figure.

damn such is life
Lets be Friends!!

PSN: prmtyme

#100 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Just want to say to people, just keep looking... Yesterday both TRU and Target had them in stock ALL DAY. I was out in the morning with my almost 2yr old and then went back out at night to finish shopping. TRU had 4 white ones in stock all day and 1 black one and Target had 3 whites.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#101 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

lol, there are like everywhere. You can buy them online at Gamestop at MSRP. Nintendo confirms all WiiU now selling require mega download update. New shipment in Jan/Feb will have update included.

#102 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

I have looked at every store I've been to since this was released, just to see what demand was like. I saw them in stock at a Meijer for the first time yesterday. They had 2 of the basic units. Every Target and Wal-Mart I've been to has been sold out. I'm guessing the closer we get to Christmas, the harder these will be to find.

it all depands on the area you are in for sure. My area the wii was possible to get unlike most places. I think once this thing goes on sale in EU and japan stores here will not get many shipments.

#103 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Link?

http://vgsales.wikia...system_launches

#104 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Just watched 3 end:
http://www.ebay.com/...utorefresh=true
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649
All of these lost money. eBay fees are 10% and PayPal is 3%. + console cost + tax + shipping + insurance + signature confirmation

Take the last one for instance. That one sold the most and even if it wasn't from Hawaii but was from a no sales tax state that was in the lower 48 (best case scenario), you'd be losing money.
$52 fess + 350 console = 402 right there. Add in shipping costs and BOOM losses.

not all areas have the same sales tax lol here if you sold it for 400 and have buyer pay shiping you make 20 bucks.

#105 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

I've only been to target once since launch and not seen at least 2 consoles to purchase. either they are flooding the market or the sales are pretty sorry,

#106 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

im reading/posting this on a wii u, its worth it, netflix is better then the 360 ps3 counterparts, miiverse is great, zombi U rocks unbeleivably, and its a good system... its bc so if you dont have a wii then its a wii + better graphics more functionality with the tablit etc. Only got 2 game so far but its worth it as an investment. and nextyear theres mh 3 ultimate, pikmin 3, bayonetta 2 i hope, and a few more probably. Dont knock it till u buy it, and this isnt fanboyism, i got a nintendo console for the first time since the old ds/gamecube before that, i have TWO 360's, one is a halo 4 bundle one... I dont need 20 mediocre launch titles, 2 great ones is fine, and ppl love ac3, nintendoland, and batman armored, but i dont have so speculation, quality over quantity...

i disagree i think 360 new looks of apps like netflix are great and even better with kinect i used netflix once on my wii u and will go back to 360. ps3 apps have always looked awful so it's better then ps3 for sure

#107 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

another thing to remember is stores only update their instock online system every time they open so just because it says a store has one in stock don't mean thye do call before you travel.

#108 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

not all areas have the same sales tax lol here if you sold it for 400 and have buyer pay shiping you make 20 bucks.

You need to go back and re-read my post because you clearly skimmed it. I didn't include sales tax. I used the base case scenario. eBay charges 10% and paypal charges 3%. $350 for the console + $52 fees = $402. Add your $20 bucks shipping and you're up to $422. Now you've LOST 20 bucks.

As for your shipping comment, it doesn't usually work that you can just "make the buyer pay shipping" because typically it all averages out anyway. If this guy had charged $20 for shipping he wouldn't have sold for the price he sold for. Even if you managed to get this guy to pay an extra $20, you're still either losing money or you're making so little money that it probably isn't worth your time.

#109 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

I've only been to target once since launch and not seen at least 2 consoles to purchase. either they are flooding the market or the sales are pretty sorry,

Yeah, the sales must be poor. It only sold more than twice as many units in its first week than the PS3 did in its first two weeks, more in its first week than the 360 sold in its first two weeks and almost as many units in one week as the Wii did in its first two weeks. What a shit launch. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will have to become a 3rd party publisher now. :lol:

Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:

#110 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

TimboSliceGB - I should add if you buy a game on clearance for $5 then sell it for lets say $15 then sure after the fees and everything you've maybe made $3-$5 which might be the same as this console. The difference is that the risk is much smaller and you don't have to outlaye hundreds of dollars to make at best a fiver. It simply makes no sense to flip these. The stores are going to get slammed with returns.

#111 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, the sales must be poor. It only sold more than twice as many units in its first week than the PS3 did in its first two weeks, more in its first week than the 360 sold in its first two weeks and almost as many units in one week as the Wii did in its first two weeks. What a shit launch. Nintendo is doomed. Nintendo will have to become a 3rd party publisher now. :lol:

Nintendo has lost money one year since it got in the video game business over thirty years ago with the Game & Watch series. Even if this launch would have failed Nintendo has enough money to survive to the next console launch. Nintendo will never become a third party publisher. As long as there is a console market there will be a Nintendo console. If one of the big three console manufacturers is going to crash and burn I would bet on it being Sony. :hot:

In Wii U Fail.

#112 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

you can't compare ps3 sales at launch to wii u's lol ps3 was double the price and sony had factory issues which kept alot of systems from not being sold. same thing could be said about 360,wii,ps3. the way economy has been for last five years price is a huge factor. the point people are making is that the random core gamers that got the wii right away is not buying the wii u most of them don't even know what the wii u is .

#113 MikeIsGood

MikeIsGood

CAG'n Since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Say what you will about them not losing money over the years - I have not seen, but will not deny, that stat - but the Gamecube was a failure relatively speaking. Nintendo is not above wrongdoing.
Posted Image

#114 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

nintendo might win in system sales but sony mostly microsoft makes that money back in game sales

#115 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Say what you will about them not losing money over the years - I have not seen, but will not deny, that stat - but the Gamecube was a failure relatively speaking. Nintendo is not above wrongdoing.

I'm not saying they are. Just look at the Virtual Boy. I just find peoples anti-Nintendo stance to be humorous and obviously off base when it comes to the financial side of things. Whether people actually like their games or not is just a matter of taste.

#116 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I'm not saying they are. Just look at the Virtual Boy. I just find peoples anti-Nintendo stance to be humorous and obviously off base when it comes to the financial side of things. Whether people actually like their games or not is just a matter of taste.

i love first party games from nintendo,sony,microsoft. I think all 3 companys make great 1st party games which is why i always have all 3 systems

#117 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

i love first party games from nintendo,sony,microsoft. I think all 3 companys make great 1st party games which is why i always have all 3 systems

Variety is good. I hope they all do well. Can't say I'm much of a fan of Halo but I'm glad it is there for people who enjoy it.

#118 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Wii U back in stock @ Target, just thought to let anyone looking for one
check the stock tracker in your area.

http://m.target.com/...errorPage=fiats

I can confirm that they are back in stock in the 14225 (buffalo, ny area), it's good that someone posted this first I guess, lol. I saw 2 of the basic model Wii U's on the shelf...and also at the best buy near me there were 2 deluxe one day... would love to get my hands on one but the library just isn't bigger than 2 or 3 games I'd want...and it will be a long while before I worry about it.

#119 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

i keep getting phone calls every other day from gamestop, and seen a few at one of the 5 local walmarts in my area, even took a pic that I was going to post on my website but didn't even bother to. They just aren't rare enough and I feel bad for anyone trying to buy one from a person thinking they are rare. One guy I know bought a few thinking he would profit, he sort of did as it paid off the Wii U for himself in the end but not as much as he would of thought.
www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#120 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Wii U is like everywhere and I live in Los Angeles. I guess Nintendo doesn't want that 2006/2007 repeat.
Lakers for Life!