Mario Speedwagon

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Saw one for the first time last night.

#122 tyrone888

tyrone888

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I went to TRU to pick up a Nunchuck but strangely enough they didn't have any official Nintendo versions available. No Wii U's there either. The Target next door had 4 Basics and 0 Deluxe. Picked up Super Mario Bros U and just spent the last 3 hours playing it with my wife. What a blast it is to play it co-op! Great game! So glad I got this system! It's going to be my "family" system, while I wait for the Xbox 720 to come out and be my single player console.

#123 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

The manager at my local Gamestop told me they called everyone on their wait list and no one came to pick up the systems. He said the sales have been bad and no one is buying them.

It might be different in other places, but I really thought it would be sold out everywhere even a couple weeks after release.

#124 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, every time I've checked the last week or so, my local Wal-Mart says it's in stock.

Personally, I've learned my lesson after getting DS and Wii at launch. I'll wait 12-18 months, like I did with the 3DS XL, when it has had a chance to gain a few great titles, work out the bugs/issues, and there is a price drop.

#125 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

The manager at my local Gamestop told me they called everyone on their wait list and no one came to pick up the systems. He said the sales have been bad and no one is buying them.

It might be different in other places, but I really thought it would be sold out everywhere even a couple weeks after release.

Speaking for myself, I had one on preorder at Target that I never picked up as it was only for a back-up in case Wal-mart fell through. I still haven't went back to get my $5 refund but they were only going to hold it for a week. I'll bet many on GS's wait list already had one or were waiting to see what the aftermarket value was going to be and balked when they realized they were readily available. Bottom line is I wouldn't read too much into it. I also played SMBU last night for hours and have to say I enjoyed it more than any of the newer 360 or PS3 games I have, but I'm also a big fan of Super Mario World and was overjoyed that they finally decided to recapture that magic.

#126 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

This guy...I don't know what to say...
http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

$350 wii + $50 controller + $120 games = 520

What's the BEST CASE SCENARIO here?
350 wii + $90 (B1G1 50% off games though most likely it was the B1G1 40% off deal) + $50 pro controller (was there a deal on this?) = 490

So even if they got the best deal (assuming no deal on the controller) and if they had ZERO SALES TAX then the cost was 490. Once you add in fees of around $70 you're up to 560. Even if they ship all this stuff for lets say, $20 (though 30 is more realistic), we're looking at $580 and they sold this bundle for $537.

So if shipping cost more, they had sales tax, or they didn't get the deal on the games, they'll be looking at an even bigger loss. Even if they got that controller half off they've taken a loss here. I don't think there is any way for these guys to make money on Wii U's.

#127 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Also not that the sales tax that guy paid was probably close to 7% based on his state (I googled it).

#128 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

am i the only one hoping to see this on target clearance endcap. i know it'll not happen unless it's some mistake but i want to get one on the cheap!

#129 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

400,000 in a week is bad?

#130 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

This guy...I don't know what to say...
http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

$350 wii + $50 controller + $120 games = 520

What's the BEST CASE SCENARIO here?
350 wii + $90 (B1G1 50% off games though most likely it was the B1G1 40% off deal) + $50 pro controller (was there a deal on this?) = 490

So even if they got the best deal (assuming no deal on the controller) and if they had ZERO SALES TAX then the cost was 490. Once you add in fees of around $70 you're up to 560. Even if they ship all this stuff for lets say, $20 (though 30 is more realistic), we're looking at $580 and they sold this bundle for $537.

So if shipping cost more, they had sales tax, or they didn't get the deal on the games, they'll be looking at an even bigger loss. Even if they got that controller half off they've taken a loss here. I don't think there is any way for these guys to make money on Wii U's.

He might have been a Gamestop employee. Don't they get 15% off? Not that makes it any more less of a loss or low profit. Unless he STOLEN IT!

106889.png

#131 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Saw one for the first time last night.

Kinda like the chupacabra

#132 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

He might have been a Gamestop employee. Don't they get 15% off? Not that makes it any more less of a loss or low profit. Unless he STOLEN IT!

GameStop employees don't save 15% on new gaming systems
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#133 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm curious to see what the returns will be in 2 - 4 weeks from all the people who couldn't flip the system. Any numbers on how many games were sold?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#134 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm curious to see what the returns will be in 2 - 4 weeks from all the people who couldn't flip the system. Any numbers on how many games were sold?

I'm not really sure why people keep discussing that they sold 400k. Nintendo was so quick to talk about the first 400k shipment selling out but they have been silent on shipments since then.

Clearly 400k is a good launch number but then again everyone expected them to sell out at launch. What's telling is that they aren't still sold out and even those 400k didn't sell out right away. There weren't enough people in lines to buy up every console right when the stores opened which is the typical way that happens. Now that the eBay auctions are losing money, it's amazing to see anyone with the illusion that this is a solid launch. When the holiday Wii U numbers come out, it's going to be embarrassing for Nintendo and next year is going to be horrible in comparison to the Wii, 360, PS3 when they launched.

#135 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

TRU stores in my area all have pretty nice stock crammed into the displays. May have more in their back room too.

#136 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Depending on how much they bought, they might not be able to return them all. Stores like Target, and Best Buy have certain limits before they ban you from returning stuff. Most flippers probably know this hence why they are eating up the losses.

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new
^Look at this, they are all fighting to reach MSRP. :lol:

#137 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm not really sure why people keep discussing that they sold 400k. Nintendo was so quick to talk about the first 400k shipment selling out but they have been silent on shipments since then.

Clearly 400k is a good launch number but then again everyone expected them to sell out at launch. What's telling is that they aren't still sold out and even those 400k didn't sell out right away. There weren't enough people in lines to buy up every console right when the stores opened which is the typical way that happens. Now that the eBay auctions are losing money, it's amazing to see anyone with the illusion that this is a solid launch. When the holiday Wii U numbers come out, it's going to be embarrassing for Nintendo and next year is going to be horrible in comparison to the Wii, 360, PS3 when they launched.

Why would Nintendo give more sale numbers less then a week after giving their last?

You give numbers out on a week to week basis. Not every few days.

#138 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Why would Nintendo give more sale numbers less then a week after giving their last?

You give numbers out on a week to week basis. Not every few days.

Why would Nintendo give the first week sales numbers?
edit: Actually, that was I believe the LAUNCH numbers that "sold out" not the week's though I could be wrong.

#139 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Also, Why is it people so badly want to see Nintendo fail? I don't really get why people hate them so much.

#140 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Why would Nintendo give the first week sales numbers?
edit: Actually, that was I believe the LAUNCH numbers that "sold out" not the week's though I could be wrong.

I believe it was for the launch through black friday.

#141 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Also, Why is it people so badly want to see Nintendo fail? I don't really get why people hate them so much.

People don't want Nintendo to fail. Why do people watch train wrecks? Because they want people to die on the train? No. Why do people stare at car accidents while they drive by? They certainly don't hope there are corpses in the cars. It's human nature man.

#142 Perromalvado

Perromalvado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Any wii u owners having issues staying connected online? I can't enjoy any movie on netflix because it keeps disconnecting and I have tried a manual connection but it still disconnects and keeps giving me error codes.

Getting ready too return to bestbuy and prob wait for a redesign if I can't get this resolved.

#143 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just wait until the PS4 or 720 comes out. Flippers galore / orgasm. When the PS3 came out I sold a 60 gig on eBay for $1,050 and kept another 60 gig since it wasn't profitable at the time. May do the same when the new consoles come out.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#144 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I assume he was talking about his store.

#145 Triforceowner

Triforceowner

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Depends on where you live. No target store near me has any in stock. Both Best Buy near my house don't have any in stock. Heck the GameStop I had my name on the waiting list hasn't called me about any stock.

I really just think it depends on where you live to be honest.

Small town. Walmart is the only game store. Bought last 8GB model on Thursday. Definitely depends where you live.

Never bought a Wii. Was considering emulating xenoblade on my pc. Decided to support Nintendo while they're bleeding red.

#146 asesino

asesino

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

In stock at Gamestop.com now too.

#147 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, I bought 3 thinking I could flip two to almost pay for keeping 1. Now I need to return 2 (eating shipping cost and go through the hassle). I'll probably still keep the 3rd, but haven't plugged it in or anything.
[URL="http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=SpaceNinjaDino"]Posted Image[/URL]

#148 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I can't believe anybody is buying this system for $350. I imagine a lot of flippers are disappointed that this system is available at a lot of stores. The controller alone is a deal breaker, IMO.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#149 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I haven't even heard rumblings of a full Pokemon RPG for the 3DS yet, which means it will be about 2 years from now before one hits the USA.

Nintendo Power's sneak ahead to the December issue showed a cover saying Pokemon 3DS. Of course I don't know if that means a 3DS Pokemon game or just speculation or something not really a 3DS game. In any case I don't think it's up to Nintendo. The Pokemon Company is separate from Nintendo as far as I understand it.

#150 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

As long as the system doesn't have a price drop before Monster Hunter Ultimate comes out in March (and it won't) I am totally happy having bought it day one. Pretty sure MH Tri is one of my favorite games ever.

For all the people posting for no reason other than to question another person's choice in purchasing it I really don't understand what your goal is. It's been like 6 years since a new console has come out, and $350 really isn't some ridiculous amount of money. Hell there is a new $500+ iPad every year, this time even less than a year. Granted it's not the exact same situation, but a few hundred dollars every 6-7 years to get the newest console is really just not that much.

And my sig will show you I am no Nintendo fanboy, not by a long shot, but there are games on every system that I enjoy having the option to play.
Posted Image