Photo
- - - - -

Wii U back in stock @ Target

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#211 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

I want to return the Wii U I bought from Walmart and buy from best buy because I have a lot of credit to burn, but I lost my receipt. I bought it with my debit card, but they're still douches about it. Apparently, even though they can look up the receipt they will only give me store credit. The lady at CS said it only shows the date I purchased it, which I highly doubt but whatever.

#212 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

If the Japs buy the Wii U on December 8th, that will tell whether it will succeed or not. If they buy it will. If they don't look at a very long failure and this is coming from a Nintendo fanboy who has investments in the stock.

#213 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

If the Japs buy the Wii U on December 8th, that will tell whether it will succeed or not. If they buy it will. If they don't look at a very long failure and this is coming from a Nintendo fanboy who has investments in the stock.

Correction: if they buy, it will succeed IN JAPAN. Doesn't mean it'll succeed everywhere else. Japan isn't the final say on these things anymore; look at the 360. :lol:

#214 devincenzi

devincenzi

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Correction: if they buy, it will succeed IN JAPAN. Doesn't mean it'll succeed everywhere else. Japan isn't the final say on these things anymore; look at the 360. :lol:

Microsoft makes the 360, and most Japanese consumers don't seem to really care for Western-made products. If the Wii U, a product envisioned by a Japanese company, flounders like the Vita (another Japanese product obv), then that could certainly spell a doom that will pervade other regions as well. Just like the Vita.

My take: it could be another Gamecube at the very worst; a niche system with a good handful of seriously good games. I just hope Nintendo continues to court talented developers like Platinum Games.

#215 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Outside of Halo and Gears of War, the xbox just doesnt offer me anything I can't get on PS3.

Forza > Grand Turismo

Kinetic > Move
Xbox Live > Sony online (ps+ is a different Animal)
Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, Kinect Sports. ESPN3 is easily a great app.
Arcade games like banjo kazooie and perfect dark.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#216 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Microsoft makes the 360, and most Japanese consumers don't seem to really care for Western-made products. If the Wii U, a product envisioned by a Japanese company, flounders like the Vita (another Japanese product obv), then that could certainly spell a doom that will pervade other regions as well. Just like the Vita.

My take: it could be another Gamecube at the very worst; a niche system with a good handful of seriously good games. I just hope Nintendo continues to court talented developers like Platinum Games.

His point is, there will be games for it IN JAPAN not necessarily in the US. If it's successful in Japan and not successful in the US then tons of games will never be localized and no third party developers will jump on board so good luck getting Elder Scrolls 6 on the Wii U. Actually, the Wii U probably will be too weak to run it anyway but the point is, if the Wii U were powerful enough, Bethesda still wouldn't bother porting.

#217 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Gotta love this ignorance! We don't live in a global economy or anything. Nobody in the US makes money off nintendo products or anything. :roll:

The haters in these threads crack me up. How bad is your life that you "hate" on a toy company.

I think I found a Nintendo fanboy. You keep sucking up to them with your posts. Nintendo is not a job creator in this country and we don't care how many jobs they create in Japan.

How bad is your life that you keep defending a toy company. People are just stating their opinion, why does everything criticizing Nintendo is considered "hating" in your mind. Does it hurt that much that people say negative things about Nintendo?

#218 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think I found a Nintendo fanboy. You keep sucking up to them with your posts. Nintendo is not a job creator in this country and we don't care how many jobs they create in Japan.

How bad is your life that you keep defending a toy company. People are just stating their opinion, why does everything criticizing Nintendo is considered "hating" in your mind. Does it hurt that much that people say negative things about Nintendo?

Even in Japan they don't employ many people. They have 4700 employees.
http://www.forbes.co...anies/nintendo/

#219 d8onausa

d8onausa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

That's more or less true, just a matter of preference. I also would much rather go for achievements because they build a cumulative score as opposed to trophies which are just specific for each game.

That's not even true. Trophies accumulate and build a level, similar to RPGs. The only achievements I am aware of that don't add up are the Steam ones. The PlayStation ones certainly do.

#220 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I grabbed 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before taking a number 2.

Your response made me laugh. Sometime CAGs think this is Facebook. " I went to the store and returned a game" or "I got my game in the mail". Who fuking cares?!

Edit: it seems the shovelware games continue on the WiiU.
http://m.ign.com/art...rn-wii-u-review

Edited by oasisboy, 03 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#221 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

yeah I am a huge fanboy. :roll:

the only console i don't have is the vita. And my xbox is the one that gets the most use. Huge nintendo fanboy here.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#222 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

If there are any CAGs in the Portland, OR area - I have a Deluxe from Best Buy up for grabs for retail price. I'm going to return it in the next few days if no one wants it. I pre-ordered and wanted to change my payment method when I went to pick it up, so I could use some gift cards, but they wouldn't let me (I guess this goes for all pick up orders). So I got it anyway...but thinking about it, I think I'm just going to wait for a price drop. So it's unopened and has a store pick up receipt.

No catch - not trying to flip, but the Deluxe is still kind of hard to find around here, so thought I'd try and help a CAG out before just returning it.

#223 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

yeah I am a huge fanboy. :roll:

the only console i don't have is the vita. And my xbox is the one that gets the most use. Huge nintendo fanboy here.

just put this guy on ignore

#224 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm returning our Wii U Deluxe today (unopened), but it's not that I (we - me and my kids) don't want it. I think it looks fun. It's just that it's a lot of money and there aren't many games yet (of course). Hopefully we'll get one next Xmas and hopefully by then the price is lower. At the least there will be a bigger library of games to choose from which will make it seem more worth it.

Instead I'm getting us a PS3. The BF deal with Uncharted 1&2 and Infamous 1&2 and 1 month of PS+, for $200. Even having to buy a 2nd controller, and having bought a couple more games (Little Big Planet 2 and 3D Dot Game Heroes), I'm spending less than the cost of a Wii U Basic alone and there's a bunch of good exclusive games to check out.

Crunchewy.png

#225 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Toys R Us in times square NYC had mountains of these:

Posted Image

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#226 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Going to wait like everyone else for either a price drop or a nice bundle. Don't see any games that I want to play except for NSMBU.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#227 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Toys R Us in times square NYC had mountains of these:

Posted Image

Holy crap...

#228 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Forza > Grand Turismo

Kinetic > Move
Xbox Live > Sony online (ps+ is a different Animal)
Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, Kinect Sports. ESPN3 is easily a great app.
Arcade games like banjo kazooie and perfect dark.

Kinect, better than Move? Ha, you obviously never owned a Kinect - which is made all the more obvious from your spelling, or lack thereof, of it. Granted, Kinect wasn't horrible, but it felt like Microsoft fell short of really achieving something amazing with it.

#229 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Kinect, better than Move? Ha, you obviously never owned a Kinect - which is made all the more obvious from your spelling, or lack thereof, of it. Granted, Kinect wasn't horrible, but it felt like Microsoft fell short of really achieving something amazing with it.

How can you even compare Kinect and Move? They're nothing alike. Hey my treadmill is better than Kinect and Move COMBINED!

How about you compare Wii Motion Plus to Move?

#230 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

I just wonder how this thread would have changed if it were the Wii all over again, aka if this was absolutely no where to be found on store shelves (with the same game library it has now). Would that have people scrambling for it just because of the short supply?

#231 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

So the flippers got their wishes dashed. Who was it that called it months ago? Its good that people who want it don't have to pay crazy prices.

Loving the system btw.

#232 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I was typing on my phone and it auto corrected. I have owned both Kinect and Move from day 1.

Kinect isn't perfect but my wife and kids have a blast playing it.

#233 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

How can you even compare Kinect and Move? They're nothing alike. Hey my treadmill is better than Kinect and Move COMBINED!

How about you compare Wii Motion Plus to Move?

Totally bad analogy. They are and they aren't the same thing. Both Kinect and Move were going after the casual fan who enjoyed the motion control of the Wii. Move was an obvious clone of wii peripheral while Kinect was truly different since it didn't require a controller.

Move > Wii motion plus. That's what experts said. Unfortunately few games take advantage of the Move option.

#234 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I just wonder how this thread would have changed if it were the Wii all over again, aka if this was absolutely no where to be found on store shelves (with the same game library it has now). Would that have people scrambling for it just because of the short supply?

Mmhmm. If a Nintendo console is hard to find they are doing it on purpose to manipulate the market. If they make sure they have enough to keep stores getting some stock in it becomes 'Look! no one is buying it!'

#235 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Big boy prices for little boy games.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#236 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Little boy games for big boy prices.

Are you talking about CoD and Halo and their ilk? Games for angsty teenagers that offer pretty much zero challenge outside of multiplayer.

#237 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Are you talking about CoD and Halo and their ilk? Games for angsty teenagers that offer pretty much zero challenge outside of multiplayer.

I'd rather play The Witcher 2 and Skyrim than Mario or Zelda. Nintendo makes some good games no doubt about that but IMO they don't hold a candle to many other games being developed. When will Dragon Age Origins or DA2 show up on the Wii? When 3 comes out will it be released on the Wii U? Metro Last Light? I'd take that over some Metroid FPS.

#238 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I'd rather play The Witcher 2 and Skyrim than Mario or Zelda. Nintendo makes some good games no doubt about that but IMO they don't hold a candle to many other games being developed. When will Dragon Age Origins or DA2 show up on the Wii? When 3 comes out will it be released on the Wii U? Metro Last Light? I'd take that over some Metroid FPS.

I'd rather play Skyrim than Mario too. The Witcher maybe. DA not at all. No interest in that or the ME series. The STALKER type games I play on PC. I played Skyrim on my PC too and I feel sorry for people that had to play it on a console.

#239 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'd much rather play Mario than Skyrim. :)

Crunchewy.png

#240 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Who cares? They are all better on PC anyways.

Meanwhile, I can't play Nintendo games except on Nintendo hardware. And yes, I'd rather play Mario than Skyrim as well.
Posted Image