Photo
- - - - -

Wii U back in stock @ Target

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#241 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'd much rather play Mario than Skyrim. :)

WHat are you doing in a Wii U thread!?!?

#242 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Who cares? They are all better on PC anyways.

Meanwhile, I can't play Nintendo games except on Nintendo hardware. And yes, I'd rather play Mario than Skyrim as well.

You should read about something called "Dolphin" people were bragging about on some import thread. Evidently you can play them on your PC.

#243 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Its like people are so fucking shocked that not everyone has the same taste in games, lol.

#244 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

WHat are you doing in a Wii U thread!?!?

shitting

#245 typical guy

typical guy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Toys R Us in times square NYC had mountains of these:

Posted Image

When was this picture taken?

#246 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'd rather play The Witcher 2 and Skyrim than Mario or Zelda. Nintendo makes some good games no doubt about that but IMO they don't hold a candle to many other games being developed. When will Dragon Age Origins or DA2 show up on the Wii? When 3 comes out will it be released on the Wii U? Metro Last Light? I'd take that over some Metroid FPS.

Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age: Origins, and Metro Last Light?

You need a PC!

#247 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

When was this picture taken?

Yesterday

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#248 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Toys R Us in times square NYC had mountains of these:

Posted Image

That's the biggest TRU in the world but hot damn you can make that setup a maze of Wii U's.

#249 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Really, I wouldnt be shocked to see it like that with the 720 and ps4 when the come out.

Gaming has changed since 05-06. More and more kids and even adults want things like iPads, etc for their gaming needs.

Gaming has changed a lot in the last 6 years.

#250 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age: Origins, and Metro Last Light?

You need a PC!

Don't like PC gaming.

#251 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

I really just don't think Nintendo games are that great to justify the price, all the other games drop in price but certain Nintendo games do not, we just saw a deal for Mario Kart Wii for $35, really that is a deal for a game that came out years ago? There are many other good games I can play for $10 or less and those games do not have frustrating rubberband AI. This is CAG after all, so I should be looking for the game I can get the most hours out of for the least amount of cost to me and those are not Mario games. Yes some Nintendo games do drop in price, but not all of them, its kind of hit or miss on that.

Especially since Nintendo puts rubberband AI in all their games, the games that are good like Pokemon and Animal crossing get their economy's ruined by hacking, and if you aren't a hacker no one wants to play with you, so the multiplayer is out. I don't see Nintendo doing anything about the hacking, except producing less Pokemon games. The DS Animal crossing was ruined by hacking, was an amazingly fun game otherwise. Pokemon is no fun when every single player has supercharged perfect IV pokemon, if you have anything less you don't even stand a chance so what is the point in playing when you have to use hacks? Try going into the battle tower in Pokemon, the AI trainer knows exactly which move you are going to make when, even if you have supercharged perfectly trained EV and IV trained Pokemon. I have tried it, you literately cannot win. If you are a normal trainer just playing the game and you use your Pokemon you went through the game with then forget it, you don't even stand one eon of a chance against another player in an online battle. The story mode of Pokemon only lasts so long, but yes its long and good while it lasts so there is still something good about Pokemon. Local players for these games are nonexistent especially at my age, and even if I was a kid, no one plays Pokemon in my area, everyone plays COD and Halo. Someone tried to set up a Pokemon league here, it failed quickly.

I would rather play Skyrim or Mass effect than Mario anyday, still can't get past the first level in NSMB Wii, don't really care, but I beat Mass Effect 1 no problem. Oblivion is no problem with the difficulty, haven't bought Skyrim yet because it will be a long time before I even get through Oblivion, by that time there will be a GOTY of Skyrim with all the DLC included.

#252 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I really just don't think Nintendo games are that great to justify the price, all the other games drop in price but certain Nintendo games do not, we just saw a deal for Mario Kart Wii for $35, really that is a deal for a game that came out years ago? There are many other good games I can play for $10 or less and those games do not have frustrating rubberband AI. This is CAG after all, so I should be looking for the game I can get the most hours out of for the least amount of cost to me and those are not Mario games. Yes some Nintendo games do drop in price, but not all of them, its kind of hit or miss on that.

Especially since Nintendo puts rubberband AI in all their games, the games that are good like Pokemon and Animal crossing get their economy's ruined by hacking, and if you aren't a hacker no one wants to play with you, so the multiplayer is out. I don't see Nintendo doing anything about the hacking, except producing less Pokemon games. The DS Animal crossing was ruined by hacking, was an amazingly fun game otherwise. Pokemon is no fun when every single player has supercharged perfect IV pokemon, if you have anything less you don't even stand a chance so what is the point in playing when you have to use hacks? Try going into the battle tower in Pokemon, the AI trainer knows exactly which move you are going to make when, even if you have supercharged perfectly trained EV and IV trained Pokemon. I have tried it, you literately cannot win. If you are a normal trainer just playing the game and you use your Pokemon you went through the game with then forget it, you don't even stand one eon of a chance against another player in an online battle. The story mode of Pokemon only lasts so long, but yes its long and good while it lasts so there is still something good about Pokemon. Local players for these games are nonexistent especially at my age, and even if I was a kid, no one plays Pokemon in my area, everyone plays COD and Halo. Someone tried to set up a Pokemon league here, it failed quickly.

I would rather play Skyrim or Mass effect than Mario anyday, still can't get past the first level in NSMB Wii, don't really care, but I beat Mass Effect 1 no problem. Oblivion is no problem with the difficulty, haven't bought Skyrim yet because it will be a long time before I even get through Oblivion, by that time there will be a GOTY of Skyrim with all the DLC included.

I think your points on their terrible pricing structure are spot on. The fact is, they think of themselves as a premium brand and maybe they are but the way they stubbornly hold prices up reminds me of Apple. The difference is that Apple actually has sales to justify their behavior. They can easily sell 30 million iPhone in a 3 MONTHS (quarter) period. Nintendo will be lucky if the sell that many Wii U's in the next 3 YEARS. The fact is, the only way to get Nintendo games cheap is often to get lucky with a store clearancing them out like Sears selling Skyward Sword for $9.97 right now.

#253 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Dashed? Preorder slips went for $600 on eBay. I think those who sold early did just fine.

sure...>_>

#254 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

sure...>_>

I don't know about pre-order slips considering those are only worth $5. I have a hard time believing anyone actually got paid for those. People selling the actual console within the first week managed to make some money though...

#255 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Yesterday

Is that the location that went 24hrs til Christmas Eve?

#256 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Who cares? They are all better on PC anyways.

Meanwhile, I can't play Nintendo games except on Nintendo hardware. And yes, I'd rather play Mario than Skyrim as well.

One could say just about every game released on consoles and on PCs that the PC version is usually king (except on a few occasions). I

n any case, while I love me some Skyrim and my "hardcore" titles, I do tend to like to unwind on much more simpler pleasures. I think thats where nintendo finds their value. They make very simple ideas seem complex and fun without being too difficult or too easy (only exemptions being a handful of GC nintendo games that were made to be easy by design). They also make games that just about any would like to play.

#257 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I think some CAGs are trying to convince themselves that Nintendo isn't all that. Course, we've had some CAGs wish that Nintendo would get out of the hardware business so that they can play their games without buying their hardware. Course, others here will buy when their drug of choice comes available.

The titles that do hold their price (despite what has been said, not everything Nintendo holds their price) are amongst the highest in demand. In general, Nintendo makes quality games that are fun for the whole family, with IP that is easy to sell not just to older fans, but to younger fans as well. My 7 year old nephew is still very Mario crazy.

Companies have come and gone, but Nintendo has been a very consistent performer and people know what the brand means. Certainly, no one beats them in being family friendly and fun for all ages.

One could say just about every game released on consoles and on PCs that the PC version is usually king (except on a few occasions).

There are PC ports that are not so good, but the situation has improved in recent years.
Posted Image

#258 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

[quote name='TheLongshot']I think some CAGs are trying to convince themselves that Nintendo isn't all that. Course, we've had some CAGs wish that Nintendo would get out of the hardware business so that they can play their games without buying their hardware. Course, others here will buy when their drug of choice comes available.

The titles that do hold their price (despite what has been said, not everything Nintendo holds their price) are amongst the highest in demand. In general, Nintendo makes quality games that are fun for the whole family, with IP that is easy to sell not just to older fans, but to younger fans as well. My 7 year old nephew is still very Mario crazy.

Companies have come and gone, but Nintendo has been a very consistent performer and people know what the brand means. Certainly, no one beats them in being family friendly and fun for all ages.[/quote]

Really, because I remember them being a very distant third in the decade that preceded the release of the Wii.[/QUOTE]

#259 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Ugh i cant wait till this is 199$ and there is an HD Zelda to play.

#260 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

n/m
Posted Image

#261 Razorblood

Razorblood

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Yea they are gone at my target. One basic left.
Lets get some good deals on great games.

#262 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

If the game was killer then the price and longevity could be justified but I don't see anything so killer about Nintendo to justify the price being charged for their games. If I want simple games and Nintendo games are FAR from simple based on what I played there are plenty of those on Apple devices and the Xbox live arcade. Heck if I want truly casual games I can go on Facebook and play them for free.

The only reason to buy Nintendo is if you are a huge fan of one of their franchises since you can't get the franchise elsewhere. Some kids really love Mario games, I know my cousin does, I don't know how he plays them, I don't know if he beats them but he likes them nontheless.

I don't think Apple pricing is all that bad for what you are getting, there are a lot of used apple products out there, their refurbs are good and they did have some pretty good deals for BF. I can personally see in my own life that a ton of Nintendo's customers have moved to Apple, the Wii owners have become iPad owners and the kids who had a DS Lite now have the iPod touch or the iPhone or perhaps even their own iPad. I only know one adult in my family besides me who has a DS and she has a Lite and only plays a few games on it, she is not interested in upgrading. I can name many adults in my family with an iPad, heck almost all of them have one, or have one that they use at some point.

#263 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

Woah, when did this Wii U come out?
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#264 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm holding out for $150 and waiting to see if Nintendo can even make an epic Zleda game anymore.

#265 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm holding out for $150 and waiting to see if Nintendo can even make an epic Zleda game anymore.

Nintendo only do rehash

#266 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Nintendo only do rehash

Sounds more like Activison.

#267 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

I hope flippers know that all they are gaining from trying to flip a Wii U , is just having Nintendo keep the price it's at for a while. Should of let it tank on sales so they would of been forced to adjust the pricing of the machine.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#268 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

When Nintendo release a remake of Skyward Sword with more content or release a special limited Zelda Wii-U, that's when I'll give Nintendo all my money.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#269 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• Banned

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Just anecdotal story, but I purchased a Wii u on launch day at Walmart. Didn't sell on eBay so returned at end of 15 day return period. Three different employees mentioned "wow another return" Didn't bother to ask how many (didn't really care at the time) but would figure to be at least a few. They had 9 to sell plus whatever preorder they did, but sounds like quite a few launch day returns.

So curious how many of those 400k got returned and will get returned in next few days. I tend to agree that eBay is good metric of demand, it just means people are so psyched to get something they will pay over msrp. Clearly not the case here. The Wii burnt too many people in that it was bought, played a month, then collected dust. Looks like consumers are not excited...

#270 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Its iPads. 720 and ps4 will have the same issues.