Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition back in stock on Amazon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Bervda

Bervda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Get it while it lasts!

http://www.amazon.co...premium edition

Edited by Bervda, 03 December 2012 - 01:06 AM.
item went out of stock

#2 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

And like Gamestop, there appears to be a 3 qty limit per account.

#3 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

So not as rare as previously thought.

Posted Image

#4 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

There is still ONLY 10,000 of them made. These are probably from either cancellations, or extra copies that Amazon held, just in case of defects, and are now able to sell them (something that many stores do). Or, they simply cut off sales early because they weren't even sure how many they would be getting in.

#5 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks OP, got one. 34 left.
edit: dead

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well, that settles that. I was sitting and thinking whether I should get this edition even though I already got the standard edition for $29.99 thanks to Newegg (still unwrapped), but I guess it going out of stock made the decision for me. :)

Now if it comes back in stock, I don't know what to do...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

It won't let me add it to the cart T.T
It says 13 in stock T.T
I want it T.T

#8 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Are the extra case and stickers really worth $40? I'm not so sure...

#9 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

well that went fast...

#10 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Well, there is the fact that only 10,000 were made, so you could always sell it for a profit (though you'd stand to make only $20-$30 with the current $100 listings on the Amazon marketplace; eBay might be a better option).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#11 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

there are exactly 10,000 of them.

#12 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

$30 more... not sure why everyone keeps saying "$40" unless they got it off Newegg when it was $10 cheaper. It's a nice case! Note that it's a case AND a plastic shell to use around your Vita, too. For that including the rarity, I'd say it's worth it. Too bad it's gone already though.

#13 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well. Its $30 more and it nets you a limited edition persona 4 hori hard case and a persona 4 hori shell.Those two alone are at minimum like $10 each just for normal versions. You also get a persona 4 skin/semi screen protector and yeah some stickers.

I say its worth the $30 price since(or IF you actually) you can actually use 3 of the items everyday for your vita. Otherwise you can keep the game and sell the extras and possibly break even or damn close.

#14 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Only if you want them. If not, sell that shit. Someone bought the hard case for $55

http://www.ebay.com/...=item23256d6b08

#15 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

As far as what it comes with no but just being a limited release makes it worth it if you care for that kind of stuff.

#16 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

FWIW the aftermarket Vita cases aren't up to par with the PSP days of the Playgear Pocket yet. The PDP Crystal case is close but is nowhere near the level of quality of the old Logitech. The First Edition Vita case is supposed to be REAL good but hard to find for a decent price. Like an idiot I forgot to bid on a recent one on eBay that ended for not too much but they go for $40+ sometimes. Not sure how good the Persona case(s) are but they seem pretty decent.
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#17 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

anyone think their vaules will hold up or Crash..

I got one from amazon i still don't know to keep it just for my collection sealed

try to sell later

or just return it to amazon .....
WOOOO I STINK

#18 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I got one from amazon i still don't know to keep it just for my collection sealed

try to sell later

Be a nice CAG and sell it to me.

#19 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

try to sell later

it might be worth something....a year or two from now. :booty:

#20 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

it might be worth something....a year or two from now. :booty:

It was worth something a week ago.;)
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#21 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

it'll be good kindling after 12/21/12...if you survive

#22 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

i would say they are equally rare. the quantity didnt change

#23 marioman

marioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

try to sell later

I am holding mine, top quality game and only 10k made usually equals success. Just have to let them fully sellout.

#24 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Gone D:

#25 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

In stock at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop....-edition/104551

#26 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Lol, wonder if flippers/resellers are trying to buy them all up to keep values somewhat high.

Either way, I opened mine the moment I got it, love the Hard Shell and Pouch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

The average prices are now back to what they where right when this was released. 110-120 seems to be the going rate on Ebay. It was a little lower right at release, and then it was a little higher right before GS relisted them, so now I am seeing a few under 100, but most have been over 110, and several still over 120-130. Prices always vary depending on shipping rates, time of day your listing ends,international shipping, ect.

This is hands down the highest rated Vita game so far, and it is probably one of the highest rated games EVER, and this is the only english language special edition for this game, so the value will only go up.

Right now many people are selling them, so the the prices are good, but not great. If anyone sits on their copy for a few years, I'm sure they will be going for 200-500 by then.

#28 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

The average prices are now back to what they where right when this was released. 110-120 seems to be the going rate on Ebay. It was a little lower right at release, and then it was a little higher right before GS relisted them, so now I am seeing a few under 100, but most have been over 110, and several still over 120-130. Prices always vary depending on shipping rates, time of day your listing ends,international shipping, ect.

This is hands down the highest rated Vita game so far, and it is probably one of the highest rated games EVER, and this is the only english language special edition for this game, so the value will only go up.

Right now many people are selling them, so the the prices are good, but not great. If anyone sits on their copy for a few years, I'm sure they will be going for 200-500 by then.

Apparently it's the 20th "best" game of all time.
http://www.gamerevol...f-alltime-16259
Even so, I love my Solid Gold edition and have already put in 30+ hours into the game. Sorry backlog :(
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#29 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

that is IF the vita is still around ... whos going to pay 100 bucks for a game on a dead system very few

i got the soild gold off amazon and finally got it a few weeks back

ordered the normal one off newegg what i forgot about and it shipped and they said i had to pay to ship it back so i kept that for my personal use (though it wont be opened till xmas or later)
WOOOO I STINK

#30 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

that is IF the vita is still around ... whos going to pay 100 bucks for a game on a dead system very few

i got the soild gold off amazon and finally got it a few weeks back

ordered the normal one off newegg what i forgot about and it shipped and they said i had to pay to ship it back so i kept that for my personal use (though it wont be opened till xmas or later)

Vintage gaming is vintage gaming. Once the PS4 and 720 arrive, do you think the value will drop for the Uncharted 2 LE? Or the Dead Space LE? Their prices will only continue to rise once the systems are no longer around in the same way prices are high still for rare Sega CD, 2600 or Vectrex games.

If the Vita dies tomorrow, it will soon get hacked and even more users will begin to use it, so I really can't see a numbered LE ever dropping in value, unless it isn't really limited, and then prices will for sure fall, but considering how long other regions have to wait for this game, and considering no other english LE will be released, I'm sure this title will be bullet proof.