Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition back in stock on Amazon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#31 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

i would say they are equally rare. the quantity didnt change

i would say the perception of rarity changed.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#32 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Grr, can't add to gamestop cart :(

#33 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

To keep this in perspective as far as value. The market is flooded right now, on Amazon there are 40 listings at least from re-sellers.

Now think about it. 40 copies out of 10,000.

I would still say this is rare and valuable. Price has fallen a little due to some sellers panicking and some brief restocks on Amazon and GS but give it even a few weeks when Christmas comes around and the price is likely to go up. For us collectors, a sealed copy in a year or two will likely be worth 2-3 times what we paid at least.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#34 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Lol, wonder if flippers/resellers are trying to buy them all up to keep values somewhat high.

Either way, I opened mine the moment I got it, love the Hard Shell and Pouch.

Ya, I love the hard shell and pouch as well.

I think the copies that are popping up are coming from canceled orders sliding back into inventory.

After the first two runs like these, it should be sold out completely.

But then again, they're selling the Vita screen cover separately so who knows maybe they'll also sell the hard shell and pouch separately too which would lower the value of the premium edition.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#35 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Amazon does this with all collector's editions that sell out.. They keep extra in case of mistakes and then if there are no problems they sell them off.

and ofcourse everytime they do this people start talking about how the game is being reprinted or isn't rare..

#36 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Vintage gaming is vintage gaming. Once the PS4 and 720 arrive, do you think the value will drop for the Uncharted 2 LE? Or the Dead Space LE? Their prices will only continue to rise once the systems are no longer around in the same way prices are high still for rare Sega CD, 2600 or Vectrex games.

If the Vita dies tomorrow, it will soon get hacked and even more users will begin to use it, so I really can't see a numbered LE ever dropping in value, unless it isn't really limited, and then prices will for sure fall, but considering how long other regions have to wait for this game, and considering no other english LE will be released, I'm sure this title will be bullet proof.

there was a winning post for the ps2 that fetched over 100 or 200 back in the day.. i think its like 20 now
WOOOO I STINK

#37 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Amazon does this with all collector's editions that sell out.. They keep extra in case of mistakes and then if there are no problems they sell them off.

and ofcourse everytime they do this people start talking about how the game is being reprinted or isn't rare..

Actually, they don't. Amazon simply ends up with extras because people's payments don't go through or they otherwise get caught in transit between warehouses. If your copy was damaged or stolen in transit, Amazon would have simply issued a refund. Some retailers do actually maintain a damage and error reserve. Amazon does not and it's simply luck if they happen to have leftovers on something that's sold out.

#38 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Actually, they don't. Amazon simply ends up with extras because people's payments don't go through or they otherwise get caught in transit between warehouses. If your copy was damaged or stolen in transit, Amazon would have simply issued a refund. Some retailers do actually maintain a damage and error reserve. Amazon does not and it's simply luck if they happen to have leftovers on something that's sold out.

Yup, thats how it works. Denied payments.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#39 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

there was a winning post for the ps2 that fetched over 100 or 200 back in the day.. i think its like 20 now

Yep and the Uncharted LE and Dead Space LE were limited to 1000 units or less and in the case of the Uncharted 2 LE, couldn't even be purchased by consumers and had to be won. This is a niche game with 10K copies out there on a niche system. No way this is a $200-$300 item a few years from now. Maybe $100-$120, but as someone who has collected games for 20+ years, I can say with certainty values don't grow that quickly on modern games with very, very few exceptions. I think you fail to appreciate how many sealed copies of this out of the 10K there still are. Very few people in this thread even opened theirs.

#40 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Yep and the Uncharted LE and Dead Space LE were limited to 1000 units or less and in the case of the Uncharted 2 LE, couldn't even be purchased by consumers and had to be won. This is a niche game with 10K copies out there on a niche system. No way this is a $200-$300 item a few years from now. Maybe $100-$120, but as someone who has collected games for 20+ years, I can say with certainty values don't grow that quickly on modern games with very, very few exceptions. I think you fail to appreciate how many sealed copies of this out of the 10K there still are. Very few people in this thread even opened theirs.

Agreed, its not going anywhere near 200$ in the future anytime soon lol. Imo i dont think this is going to be too rare. . .

#41 KaitouDark

KaitouDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Not sure if it's still instock but apparently my order that I placed like a couple days before the release date shipped from deepdiscount

http://www.deepdisco...PREMIUM-EDITION

#42 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Not sure if it's still instock but apparently my order that I placed like a couple days before the release date shipped from deepdiscount

http://www.deepdisco...PREMIUM-EDITION

Fair warning: Anything on DeepDiscount marked as "Usually ships in 5-10 days" more often than not means you won't get it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#43 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

They only made roughly 10,000 of each Dragonball Z Dragon Box. Dragon Box 2 goes for at least 300 in like new condition now.

#44 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

That's not true vigilante. Maybe in this case where supplies are limited but I got Persona 4 Arena from there for 35.96 when it was still 60 dollars every where else. It just takes them time to get the stock in to fulfill all the orders. In fact I've never placed an order with them that I didn't receive.

#45 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

In stock at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop....-edition/104551

Good catch. Was able to grab one. :D

#46 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

SWEET! I was able to grab one from GameStop!
Now... I have to return the copy I bought from NewEgg >.<

#47 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

SWEET! I was able to grab one from GameStop!
Now... I have to return the copy I bought from NewEgg >.<

was thinking of returning my amazon copy for gamestop BUT you have to pay almost 6 bucks tax and shipping back to amazon
WOOOO I STINK

#48 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

And like Gamestop, there appears to be a 3 qty limit per account.

I often buy for people every bluray Tuesday but LE things should be one per person.

#49 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Fair warning: Anything "sold" on DeepDiscount means you won't get it.

FTFY.

Scam company with fake prices.

#50 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Must have just missed this. When I add the game to my cart it states that it is out of stock.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#51 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

can someone change the title to this thread.. i keep clicking on it thinking it's back in stock on amazon

#52 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

They only made roughly 10,000 of each Dragonball Z Dragon Box. Dragon Box 2 goes for at least 300 in like new condition now.

You really can't compare Dragon Ball to Persona, Dragon Ball has a way bigger following.

#53 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Not anymore... damn I really wanted that case
Posted Image

#54 LowBattery

LowBattery

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

It's still listed as available at GameStop.

http://www.gamestop....-edition/104551

It appears to be hit or miss though; trying to add it to your cart usually results in an error.

But I've tried a couple times today and finally managed to snag one 10 minutes ago.

#55 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

was thinking of returning my amazon copy for gamestop BUT you have to pay almost 6 bucks tax and shipping back to amazon

No you dont. chose to pay for shipping instead of using their label.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#56 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I have been trying to add one to my cart on Gamestop for a couple of days now and I haven't got it to work.

#57 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Mine arrived from gamestop on friday... well packaged and in a cardboard box.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#58 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Mine arrived from gamestop on friday... well packaged and in a cardboard box.

Same here. Mine's immaculate. I'm ashamed to say this, but I'm tempted not to open it and just buy a regular version to play. Dammit, when did I become the kid who doesn't open his Star Wars figures?

#59 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Back instock at Amazon on December 12.

#60 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Back instock at Amazon on December 12.

Wow. Guess Atlus made more. 10,000 sure doesn't mean what it use to.

Posted Image