The Official CAG December 2012 Pick-Ups Thread
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:28 PM
Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:24 PM
I was thinking of getting Cities and Knights first. Would you recommend another?
Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:31 PM
2012 Completed Games
Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM
Also received/bought the following on Steam:
-Batman Arkham Asylum GotY Edition
-Batman Arkham City GotY Edition
-Counter-Strike: Global Offense
-Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
-Jet Set Radio
-They Bleed Pixels
Also got Retro City Rampage on both PS3 and Vita, thanks to PlayStation Plus.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 PM
i wish i had that dragon ball z game:cry:
(DBZ has a reversible cover, the one in this pic is the alternate side. I bought Forza for myself on Black Friday but I gave it to my parents to wrap. The LIVE card is for Skyrim DLC!)
Also, my girlfriend bought me a pair of Vans but they were a little big so she has them so she can retur them. Her parents also bought me a ticket to the Orlando Magic/ Cleveland Cavaliers game on February 23rd, my first NBA game!
why does the cover look like that by the way
i thought this was the cover
Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:42 AM
You should definitely pick it up, Budokai 3 is pretty awesome!! Like Wiggy said though, it has a reversible cover.
Sad they don't have Budokai 2 though. :(
But the reversible cover looks so much better than the original.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:02 AM
Honestly, if you have a PS2 or a PS3 that plays PS2 games, you're better off picking up the three Budokai games on their own. The end result is much cheaper, seeing as this was honestly a lazy HD port that only has achievements and censorship added in.
You should definitely pick it up, Budokai 3 is pretty awesome!!
On another note, my pick-ups during the day:
-Mega Man (3DS Virtual Console)
-Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC (Steam)
-Sleeping Dogs (Steam)
Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:52 PM
1. Halo 4, XBX - Have the other Halos but never played one until this. May actually cause me to go back and play Halo 1-3.
2. Resident Evil 6, XBX - BTW, have to add that I am at a loss with all the hate on this game; the allegation that RE6 is no longer survival horror is a no-duh statement. If you're looking for true survival horror, go play Dead Space. Visceral's series owns that genre now. Capcom has been taking the RE series towards a more action-oriented setup since RE4; those expressing surprise at this move either never played RE or are over-nostalgic for a series that is trying to reinvent and evolve. While I have my quibbles with the game and while we can all argue over the direction Capcom is taking, I think the overly negative reviews are misplaced (Gamespot's D, for example, hardly makes any sense -- there are many many worse games than RE6); anyone looking for a beautiful looking action thriller need look no further than RE6. Finally, I've seen the occasional Gears of War analogy in describing the gameplay here. Even as an RE6 supporter, I think that analogy is a disservice to GOW. The mechanics (camera, character control/response, and animation) in RE6 simply lack the polish and perfection found in the Gears games. If anything, the chapter with Chris Redfield is a stripped down version of an action shooter. I'm happy that in taking the RE series to a more action-focused design, Capcom here has avoided the Dino Crisis fiasco that was DC3. This is more DC2 (which was awesome).
3. Catherine, XBX - One word: bizarre.
4. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, XBX
5. NBA2K13, XBX - I so love this game; still have my 2K11 and 2K12 copies.
6. Hitman: Absolution, XBX
7. LEGO Indiana Jones 2, XBX
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2, XBX
9. Need for Speed: The Run, XBX
10. Dead or Alive 5, XBX - Like the Mortal Kombat approach to the campaign, but I wish Team Ninja spent more time and made this longer; there are a number of story arcs that are never sewn up. Girls look better than ever, voice acting is much improved, and I love the new artistic design of the characters.
11. Persona 4 Arena, XBX - Text-heavy; I think I prefer KOF13 over this but I very much like the Persona universe here; crazy as it is, there's too much story here.
12. Street Fighter X Tekken, XBX - Capcom remains one of my favorite developers. I would have liked a nicer story presentation ala SF4; still, the chance to pit the two franchises together is mega awesome.
13. Batman Arkham City GOTY, XBX - Finally got this! Haven't played much of it yet, and while admittedly not a Batman fan, even I can appreciate the crazy level of passion Rocksteady put in towards making this title.
14. Red Dead Redemption PH, XBX - I see why it got GOTY last year from so many reviewers.
15. GTA4 Complete, XBX - Never a GTA fan but glad to have it; I'm sure I'll spend some time on it during a rainy day this year.
16. Epic Mickey, Wii
17. Kirby - Mass Attack, DS
Edited by romeogbs19, 28 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:58 PM
Thankfully, my wife's family has a better idea of what kinds of things make me happy, so I ended up getting this from her parents:
I haven't played with Legos since I sold them off as a kid, so I was pretty excited about this because I want my son and I to play with them when he gets old enough. My long-term goal is to build a town with a scaled replica of our house.
Although it's disappointing that my family doesn't pay attention to my interests and I feel bad for not liking a lot of the stuff, it was a rather successful holiday. But we need to plan better next year... Between friends and our two families, Christmas was spread out over four days, which was insanely exhausting.
Edited by ZombieToast, 28 December 2012 - 08:24 PM.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:33 PM
That's why I like how our family just tells each other what we want.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:20 PM
I ordered Hitman Absolution this morning from amazon. It was £14 on the boxing day lighting deals.
I also ordered 400 MS points to add to my balance of 580 to get all the walking dead episodes.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:46 PM
Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77
My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0
My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/
Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:17 PM
gave soul nomad a new case. not shown in pic
Edited by anime5ever, 29 December 2012 - 05:47 AM.
Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:19 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I'm not quite 30 yet and I actually like I Spy. Hidden object games are a decent way to pass the time when I don't feel like getting too involved in something. But yeah, I don't know why nobody just gets me stuff from my wishlist. Almost everything is under $20 and I include relevant links. It takes no thought whatsoever, but every year, it's the same thing: "I had no idea what to get you, so here's another blanket and a really expensive gadget that makes it easier to do things that you never do to begin with." I'd seriously be much more content with just a book or a movie or something I can enjoy with my son. Oh well, I'm just happy to spend some time with the family and share stories, so it really doesn't matter.
Your family bought a 30+ year old man Bakugan and I Spy for DS? Hahah, that shit's hilarious.
That's why I like how our family just tells each other what we want.
Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:50 PM