Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Indiana Jones BR complete adventures, $35 at Target W/ coupon!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Do you have to print the coupon or can you show them via mobile? Who the Fuck has a printer these days?

More like who the heck doesnt?
Posted Image

#32 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Yeah really, I thought everyone had a printer.

#33 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

:-(

Didn't mean to start a shitstorm. I use a printer all of the time at work. When it comes to coupons etc., I would rather just show them on my iPhone. Bought a wireless printer two years ago on BF from BB for $40 and it sits in the basement without ink because just the in along cost $38. But that's me.

I thought most would rather show on their mobile in this day in age. I guess I am wrong.

So does anyone think this will eventually end up around the $29.99 range like the other small box sets (Die Hard, Oceans, Bourne)?

#34 bearkiss

bearkiss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I went last night... as with most people, couldn't find on the shelf... clerk looked it up and said they're in the back... went back to retrieve them (had 2)... both had spider clamps around them... one was the exclusive with lithographs... chose that one because it didn't have bad damage to it... had to go to front customer svc desk to get on line price match... no question on the coupon - out the door for $35 & tax

#35 Kain

Kain

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

No, since we know for sure most people are getting this deal for 35 dollars.

I know, I was the first one to confirm that it worked. But when I walked into the store, I did not know if the Target Customer Service people were going to try to get out of it by using that excuse. Which they might have tried anyways regardless, even if there had been others confirming it before me, simply because most stores do tend to try to get out of having to lower their price from what's on their sticker. Just nevermind.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#36 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Missed it by that much! Damn at target now and just saw its dead. Well shit. Thanks anyway OP. Maybe I'll buy ink for that printer!

#37 Kain

Kain

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Actually, I don't own a printer. I haven't since about two years after I got my first computer in 1996. It was an old BJC-610 Canon Bubblejet Printer. It was nice for the time, except that it took about two minutes to print out a single page. After about two years, I found that I hadn't really been using it much, so I unhooked it so I wouldn't have to keep buying ink after the last pack dried up due to lack of use.

Since then I never bought a new printer because I never really have a need for one except on rare, rare occasions like these. In the case that I do need to print something off, I'll stop at my mom's, or my aunt's, or I'll use the printer at the office. Or I'll just print my BestBuy Reward Zone Certificates right from one of the kiosks in their store. My need to print happens maybe five times per year at the most, because if I want to read something, I can just read it off the monitor or my Droid.

So I can totally understand not having a printer in this day and age. Everything is becoming digital. After all, every office is striving to be a paper-free office now. Probably will never happen, but they're trying.

The whole "Who the Shaq-Fu has a printer these days?" comment kinda reminds me of a similar comment I made just two weeks ago when I tried to make some Tyson Chicken Wings only to discover they didn't have any microwave instructions and were meant to be made in the oven. I was like, "Who in the Hell uses an oven anymore?" I mean, seriously, why would I want to sit around for 45 minutes waiting for an oven to cook my food when I could pop it into the microwave and have it done in around five minutes? The oven is old technology, like sitting around watching a 13 inch Black and White CRT television when you've got a 32 inch 1080p LED HDTV sitting right above it.

#38 rogus

rogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I got it for $35. Thanks OP

#39 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I feel the same about DVD v BluRay

#40 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

The whole "Who the Shaq-Fu has a printer these days?" comment kinda reminds me of a similar comment I made just two weeks ago when I tried to make some Tyson Chicken Wings only to discover they didn't have any microwave instructions and were meant to be made in the oven. I was like, "Who in the Hell uses an oven anymore?" I mean, seriously, why would I want to sit around for 45 minutes waiting for an oven to cook my food when I could pop it into the microwave and have it done in around five minutes? The oven is old technology, like sitting around watching a 13 inch Black and White CRT television when you've got a 32 inch 1080p LED HDTV sitting right above it.

Our oven went up about 6 or 7 years ago. We tried to get by using skillets and microwave stuff. Barely last a week before we were forced to get a convection oven to hold us over. Personally, I only use the microwave for Hot Pockets, cheese fries, and ice tea. Everything else goes in the oven. Tastes so much better baked. We use the oven almost every day as I prefer most of my meats to be crispy or crunchy on the outside as opposed to soggy.

#41 Kain

Kain

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I pretty much use the microwave for everything. I never use the oven, and the only time I use the stove is for making Hard-boiled Eggs, and that's a rare instance. Naturally, I've had food that was cooked in the oven before, but I really can't tell much difference when it comes to the taste as opposed to the microwave. People tell me there's a difference, but I just can't taste it. I just prefer the convenience and speed that the microwave offers.

#42 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

How does one make delicious things like cookies, pies and pizzas without an oven? There are literally thousands of other things I could list, but those were the first ones I thought of off hand. Frozen pizzas don't turn out well when microwaved, either...

I can't even imagine someone attempting to microwave a turkey...

...oh, also, missed this deal... damn...

#43 Kain

Kain

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Well for me, I get my Turkey from the luncheon meat section of the store. Already sliced and ready for consumption. Either that, or when I'm at some family gathering like Thanksgiving and they make turkey.

When I used to eat cookies and pies, I would just buy them already made and boxed at the supermarket. For pizza, I would order out. There is literally an overabundance of pizza places where I live.

But I've stopped eating cookies, pies and pizza when I gave up Carbohydrates. I literally lost 50 lbs a couple years back (200 lbs down to 150 lbs) within half a year by just cutting out all net carbs (sugars, flours, starches, etc.) Drinking only Crystal Light and eating only meats (proteins) has kept me pretty fit over the last several years without having to kill myself with exercise. :)