Photo
- - - - -

[Blockbuster] 50% games under $20 (YMMV?)

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Blockbuster is doing a holiday promotion and selling games for 50% off that they sell pre-owned for $20 or less. Mine had a OK selection.

Games I saw:
Gears of War 3
Portal 2
Deus Ex: HR
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Darkness 2
Dragon Age Origins

And a whole bunch more, nothing real recent. For 20 bucks I got Gears 3 and F13 FF13-2.
Went to another blockbuster and they had the same rack there with similar games.

EDIT:
Also they are offering Black ops 2 for Wii U, PS3, and 360 for $49.99 NEW

#2 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

My store also has 50% off those games as well, thought this was YMMV so didn't bother reporting it

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

My store also has 50% off those games as well, thought this was YMMV so didn't bother reporting it

I was debating not either but I needed something to do while my games installed lol.

#4 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

What's Blockbuster?

#5 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

I got one single game there, Over G Fighters in a generic case for $2.50...The freakin game had a burn ring and doesn't work.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#6 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I got one single game there, Over G Fighters in a generic case for $2.50...The freakin game had a burn ring and doesn't work.

All my disks were like 7/10...you could tell they were in a blockbuster but I only paid like 6 or 7 bucks a game so I was content.

#7 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Is this a chain wide promotion then? I guess two separate reports makes it seem like a go...

#8 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks OP, I'm gonna run uptown and check my local store.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#9 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

What's Blockbuster?

that's awesome, I remember when BB was the King, now they are barely holding together. I went by my store at 11am, and they weren't even open yet, a few people were standing outside waiting but obviously someone forgot to set their alarm for 10am!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

^ I hope nobody gets an unjustified late fee for trying to return their VHS rental of Driving Miss Daisy right on time...

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#11 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

^ I hope nobody gets an unjustified late fee for trying to return their VHS rental of Driving Miss Daisy right on time...

Make sure it's rewound or they'll also charge you a rewind fee.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#12 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

We're old :)

#13 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Thanks, I will stop Monday.
www.vg-force.com

#14 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

What's a VHS tape? And what's a rewind fee?

#15 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

When does this sale end ? The only blockbuster in Manhattan ny is down the block from me, go figure lol
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#16 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Me and my roommate went up and he got Mass Effect 3 for $7.50 and I got Operation Flashpoint Red River for $10!

Other games for between $5 and $10 were:

Kirby Mass Attack
Legendary
NCAA 12
Syndicate
Batman Arkham City
Duke Nukem
Gears of War 3
Brink
Assassins Creed Revalations
The Darkness II

And more! It's defenitely worth it to stop up!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#17 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

Went by my BBV, no sale that I could see and a bunch of sun faded covers. Did get a Kirby plushie though.

Edited by Gosha, 02 December 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#18 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

My store and the next closet one just closed down 4 months ago :(.

#19 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

I live the middle of nowhere where dial up is still viable for some folks, and all 6 of our Blockbusters have been closed for over a year. How the hell do they stay in business anywhere else?

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

The sale is active untill January. It isnt advertised and they had to scan a barcode. I picked up two games to flip to Gamestop tommorow and one to keep. I got

:wii: cod mw3 for 9.99 (last reported base value at gs was 12$ in mid November)
:wii: Wii party for 7.50 (base value at Gamestop is 9$)
:ps3: ratchet and clank future tools of distruction for 5.00 (to keep)

If the cod tiv tanked a little bit ill just return it. Im also checking the tiv for crash mind over mutant for the Wii (have a good feeling about this one). With the bbv promo its 5$. oh and if anyone has a ps3 ass creed revelations at their bbv please let me know. Mabye my bbv has something that you are looking for and we can work out something :)
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#21 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Make sure it's rewound or they'll also charge you a rewind fee.

Be kind. Rewind. Lmao!:-#

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#22 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

In store only? Well I guess I'll run down to my local BB.... oh wait. I don't even think there's a BB in my state!

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

They must bring back those CGI hamsters as they absolutly owned back in the day
Currently playing

#24 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

oh and if anyone has a ps3 ass creed revelations at their bbv please let me know. Mabye my bbv has something that you are looking for and we can work out something

I checked my local store and they had this sale as well. CSR said the sale would end 01/07/2012 so I don't think it's YMMV. I found (3) AC Revelations and was gonna grab two (one for me and ^^^) but the the worker couldn't find the discs, so I ended up with none unfortunately. I did pick up :ps3: Transformers: DOTM for $9.99.

Other games I saw:
:ps3: (prices before 50%)
Warhammer Space Marine $14.99
NCAA Football 12 $14.99
Cars 2 $17.99
Killzone 3 $14.99
Brink $7.99
Deus Ex $14.99
Syndicate $19.99
Captain America $19.99
Ico Collection $18.99
Batman AC $19.99
Shadows of the Damned $14.99

:360: (prices before 50%)
Mass Effect 3 $14.99
Crysis 2 $14.99
The Darkness II $19.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 $18.99

#25 Dishinshoryuken

Dishinshoryuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Thanks, I will stop Monday.

this person.....IS POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!

#26 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

I also saw haze for 3.99. aperently its one of the worst ps3 exclusive games. Is it really that bad ? For 2$ i should give it a try. If anything i could return it if i hate it lol
Currently playing

#27 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

I also saw haze for 3.99. aperently its one of the worst ps3 exclusive games. Is it really that bad ? For 2$ i should give it a try. If anything i could return it if i hate it lol

Blockbuster doesn't really allow returns, only exchanges.

Amazingly there are still a couple BBV's around here. Might have to stop in and take a look.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#28 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Bummer I can't get on these deals

Only blockbuster i know is the one near my cousins in San Diego, most of the MA ones closed

I had two within walking distance grrrrr but it's RIP now

#29 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

The mechanics and graphics are fine. You will tire of the crappy AI. Its worth a few bucks.

#30 VaultDweller101

VaultDweller101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

The dude at my local Blockbuster in NH said they were running this deal but it ended at the end of November. Bummer.