Amazon All Video Games Gold Box Tuesday December 4

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#271 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Not sure what's funnier, all the people complaining (c'mon, you really expected something good?) or all the people complaining that people are complaining! Threads like this always turn into a dump of hypocrisy.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#272 Cutrate

Cutrate

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

It seems like this gold box is more of a gift giving thing than something a person would purchase for themselves. Maybe just a reflection of the time of year.

#273 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Not sure what's funnier, all the people complaining (c'mon, you really expected something good?) or all the people complaining that people are complaining! Threads like this always turn into a dump of hypocrisy.

Ironically, you're complaining about the complainers. That makes you worse than the worse. Haha
Posted Image

#274 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I think at this point Gold Box topics should be open season for friendly whining.

Has there ever been a really good one outside of a Black Friday sale? Might as well laugh it up at the Zumbapocalypse, or 8 cents discount off Halo 4.

#275 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

My son told me he wanted Just Dance 4 the other day.. I wish he would have told me before Black Friday. Wasn't the lowest $25 then? I think MS store had it for $15 though? I guess it's still not that bad of a price for the Kinect version.

#276 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Man, this Gold Box day seems like a Zumba room...
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#277 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I honestly thought that they would possibly repeat some of the black Friday deals.

NOPE.

#278 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Any chance Epic Mickey at 1:00 PST is not solely of the Wii variety?

I think there is a chance it will be on sale for all systems, but I doubt it will be much of a discount.
Posted Image

#279 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yes! I've been wanting to buy every Zumba game! Thanks, amazon!

#280 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Zumba Extreme (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Zumba 2: The Reckoning (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
The Michael Jackson Zumba Experience (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Raving Rabbids Zumba (Xbox Kinect)
Mario And Sonic Zumba (wii)
Zombie Zumba (PS3/Xbox)
Dark Void (PS3/Xbox)

The last one actually made me lol!

#281 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

pretty much what i expected

#282 Crimson Mist

Crimson Mist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Jeez! Amazon isn't even trying anymore. No wonder they lost my business. So sad since they sort of redeemed themselves during Black Friday with the Vita deal.

#283 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think these Gold Boxes have become a joke to the CAG community but, and this frightens me, games like Dance Central / Let's Dance / Zumba do actually sell well. They just appeal to a very different audience. CAG's get disappointed because the Gold Box events always seem to have the same games (or the franchise's newer edition) but I think these events are really targeted at the more mainstream and casual shopper.

Now that I've shifted most of my gaming over to PC, I've been pretty impressed by Amazon's sales. While they don't often reach the lunacy levels of the Steam summer or winter sales, the weekly deals are usually very good. I think that when people lobby for Amazon as retailer of the year, it's because of the PC deals and the pre-order bonuses (though most of those have slipped from $20 credit to $10 in the past year or so) and release date delivery for console games and not the Gold Box events.

The prices are a joke. I guess you pay more then most cags...

#284 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I can honestly say I wasn't expecting these deals.... well played Amazon. Now hurry up and fire the guy who thought that was a good idea. Next time don't hire wal-mart employees to come up with your gold box deals.

#285 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm curious about Epic Mickey 2's price, but that's about it. I do buy for my library too where I work and Just Dance 4 is a decent price and cheaper than what I bought it for on BF ($24.99) at the MS store. But I am a little flabergasted by all the Zumba games.

:beer:

#286 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

I just love these casual games! NOT!

#287 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Even worse than I thought. Amazing job Amazon.

#288 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Wow I thought you were all kidding around but that is one bad list. They should have at least thrown in a Spyro character or something newish. Though TBH I did just buy my wife Zumba 2, but it was $10 used from Gfly, but it looked like new, which it usually does from them.

#289 monkeysez

monkeysez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

puke. nuff said.

#290 silver2k1gt

silver2k1gt

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

Soccer mom stuff :/

#291 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Zumba Extreme (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Zumba 2: The Reckoning (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
The Michael Jackson Zumba Experience (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Raving Rabbids Zumba (Xbox Kinect)
Mario And Sonic Zumba (wii)
Zombie Zumba (PS3/Xbox)
Dark Void (PS3/Xbox)

Haha! That was funny. Especially with Dark Void thrown in.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#292 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

ok, so the first zumba sold out and the current one is over 60% sold. Either they have a very low stock or they've got more zumba fans than I thought. I apologize for my earlier statement. The guy who decided to push this crap off the shelves knew what he was doing.

#293 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

ITT: disconnect between forum goers and the broader gaming market

#294 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Geez Amazon, just come out and say we're fat and need to lose a little weight.

Anderson was more subtle about it.
Posted Image

zantar45.jpg

#295 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

In for Zumbas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#296 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yuck, just yuck.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#297 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

ok, so the first zumba sold out and the current one is over 60% sold. Either they have a very low stock or they've got more zumba fans than I thought. I apologize for my earlier statement. The guy who decided to push this crap off the shelves knew what he was doing.

Did you ever stop to think that there are other types of consumers out there than just you? :roll:

Zumba is a pretty popular franchise with women.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#298 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I swear, when I read the initial post that listed today's gold box items, I thought it was another joke post. However, it's sadly quite real. You would think Amazon would want to kick a** just once on these video game gold box deals, just so people stop poiniting and laughing at them.

#299 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I paid $25 for Just Dance 4 on BF from Microsoft. Darn. But I'm probably going to sell it on ebay anyway or return it. I like Dance Central 3 and I don't think I need Just Dance 4 as well.

Crunchewy.png

#300 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Zumba is a pretty popular franchise with women.

So wait, if I buy these games, how much will it cost to put a ***** magnet in them? :D #borat