Amazon All Video Games Gold Box Tuesday December 4

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#301 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Did you ever stop to think that there are other types of consumers out there than just you? :roll:

Zumba is a pretty popular franchise with women.

Yep.

If you guys ever look at the Amazon bestseller list in the videogame section, you will see the Zumbas and Dance Centrals are always right up at the top with Halo, CoD, and any other 'big' title.

zantar45.jpg

#302 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

12AM G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System
5AM The original Zumba Fitness for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3
7AM Zumba Fitness 2 for Wii
9AM Zumba Fitness Rush for Xbox 360 Kinect
11AM Zumba Fitness 2 Zumba goes to Hell
1PM Epic Mickey 1 CE
4PM Xplosion Earforce earbuds with built in slurpy machine
5PM Need For Speed 1
8PM The Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II Headset
10PM Ranma 1/2
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#303 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Did you ever stop to think that there are other types of consumers out there than just you? :roll:

Zumba is a pretty popular franchise with women.

I get it... but 4 of them??? who needs 4 copies of the same game... *Cough*CoD*Cough*

#304 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Now I know what you guys were talking about when you were "Waiting for disappointment" lol 4 Zumba deals? The very last deal intrigues me though. Maybe a HORI fighting stick?

#305 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ironically, you're complaining about the complainers. That makes you worse than the worse. Haha

I was complaining at all, simply stating there's tons of hypocricy 8-) Last time I checked, saying something was "funny" wasn't complaining :bouncy:

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#306 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I get it... but 4 of them??? who needs 4 copies of the same game... *Cough*CoD*Cough*

Awesome. And a great point. :applause:

#307 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

*Hands you cough drop

Feel better!

#308 bchampnd

bchampnd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

The prices are a joke. I guess you pay more then most cags...

I didn't say I actually buy games from Amazon often. The Gold Boxes rarely have a good deal on a game worth buying and even on the best Amazon PC deals, you can usually get the game cheaper on Steam or Green Man Gaming. The difference is that Amazon offers decent, but not the best, deals on a weekly basis while Steam offers massive discounts but only a few times each year. And Green Man has random deals that are usually tough to beat, even for Steam, because of the additional 25% off Green Man always seems to be offering.

If you're buying console games, there's rarely a big difference between Amazon, Gamestop and Best Buy but Amazon often comes in a few bucks cheaper or offers more promotional credit.

#309 Kaige

Kaige

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

It should say "All Video Games and a Gold Box Event" instead.

Reminds me of the Bob's Furniture signs that would say "Going Out for Business Sale".

#310 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

The worst part of this? Amazon is still gonna win the cheapy award for retailer of the year despite newegg being far superior and MS kicking their ass on Black Friday.

#311 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Does anyone know if Amazon takes issue with buying a gold box deal multiple times? Limit to 1 per order but I need 5 for family and work buddies. Don't want to get my account in trouble by helping out friends.

The worst part of this? Amazon is still gonna win the cheapy award for retailer of the year despite newegg being far superior and MS kicking their ass on Black Friday.

Amazon has free 2 day shipping, and countless more(and better deals) than Newegg ever could provide. Also one weekend of Microsoft deals doesn't even come close to what you could save through Amazon.
Posted Image

#312 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are a paid sponsor of this site. /sarcasm :)

125365.png

#313 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

The sale is horrible.. But can't blame Amazon for doing this, the 2 zumba games sold out. And it looks like the same thing will happen to the next 2 zumba. We may not like it but its very successful to them (so far) amazon gotta get that casual gamer money!lol

What is the NFS game? I hope its most wanted.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#314 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know if Amazon takes issue with buying a gold box deal multiple times? Limit to 1 per order but I need 5 for family and work buddies. Don't want to get my account in trouble by helping out friends.

Amazon has free 2 day shipping, and countless more(and better deals) than Newegg ever could provide. Also one weekend of Microsoft deals doesn't even come close to what you could save through Amazon.

Newegg offering $10, $12, and $15 off preorders time after time, AND making them available with three day shipping for free doesn't come close to Amazon? CAG's Amazon fanboyism is really dumb sometimes. With their preorder deals, Newegg essentially have a discount on every game in their database before anyone else, and many of those games have yet to see a discount from anyone else for any amount.

#315 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Amazon has free 2 day shipping

Where do I get this free 2 day shipping with no $80 yearly fee and no $25 minimum purchase?
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#316 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Where do I get this free 2 day shipping with no $80 yearly fee and no $25 minimum purchase?

you may apply for amazon mother
or amazon student for free prime membership
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#317 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

wow a whole ten dollars off Zumba Rush, Santa must really love us

#318 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I didn't even stay up for this one. Good job on Amazon for making me not care any more.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#319 wreck206

wreck206

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Good thing I gave the Wii to my wife. I'm sure I will have some new purchases on the CC. If she actually uses the Zumba it's a win-win.

#320 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well I warned you all....brace yourselves.....oh well!

#321 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Newegg offering $10, $12, and $15 off preorders time after time, AND making them available with three day shipping for free doesn't come close to Amazon? CAG's Amazon fanboyism is really dumb sometimes. With their preorder deals, Newegg essentially have a discount on every game in their database before anyone else, and many of those games have yet to see a discount from anyone else for any amount.

I have to agree with this. Amazon was outmatched by just about every other retailer this year when it came to preorders, especially since they no longer have RDD-guarantee. They went from setting the standards for deals to rarely even price matching.

This year, I'd give best deals to Newegg or (as much as I hate them) Best Buy. Newegg is definitely worth giving a chance.

#322 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Can't wait for disappointment

*DBZ Dragon* Your wish has been granted

#323 rolalinii

rolalinii

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

lol now i wish that fake list was actually true :(

#324 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#325 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

they're all 100% claimed!

#326 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Amazon's pre order deals might not be as good consistently but overall they drop prices a lot faster, match most advertised prices(if not beat), and allow you to save on thousands of other items not just video games, and computer equipment. Also three day shipping doesn't equal Release Day Delivery. To a lot of people release day has value. Also not to mention flawless customer service with issues(at least in my experience) as a buyer(selling is another thing). If you only focus on pre ordering games then yes Amazon is left behind, but after that first week rarely does anyone beat Amazon without them matching if not surpassing the price.
Posted Image

#327 HellKnightKilla

HellKnightKilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dang, I really wish the Wii U version of Just Dance 4 was on sale...

#328 Zark7

Zark7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

This year, I'd give best deals to Newegg or (as much as I hate them) Best Buy. Newegg is definitely worth giving a chance.

I'd have to agree that Newegg has done better this year on preorder deals. If the year-end vote was just for that, I think they'd win my vote. But they need to work on their system as a whole. Orders cancelled without notice, but charged anyway and refunded a week later... Preorders that never ship as the item moves to backorder status, again without notice... I think reliability is still an issue. I can't even figure out in my account area how to see all of my preorders without going back to the original email confirmation and pulling the order number. I chance Newegg still but order issues cloud the improvements they've made on deals this year IMO.

#329 polity

polity

Dear Leader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

aww. I'm going to eat a puddin' snack.

YLOD. 2.13.13

#330 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Any opinions in which version is best for just dance? Kinect vs move?