Amazon All Video Games Gold Box Tuesday December 4

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#331 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Any opinions in which version is best for just dance? Kinect vs move?

Move tends to be better if it's a multi-plat game that has been ported to Kinect. Kinect tends to be better if it was built for Kinect, then ported to other consoles. I'm not sure which category JD falls in.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#332 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Amazon's pre order deals might not be as good consistently but overall they drop prices a lot faster, match most advertised prices(if not beat), and allow you to save on thousands of other items not just video games, and computer equipment. Also three day shipping doesn't equal Release Day Delivery. To a lot of people release day has value. Also not to mention flawless customer service with issues(at least in my experience) as a buyer(selling is another thing). If you only focus on pre ordering games then yes Amazon is left behind, but after that first week rarely does anyone beat Amazon without them matching if not surpassing the price.

Disagree, at least on video games. Amazon is often slower than Gamestop and New Egg or even Best Buy on price drops for newer releases. Amazon often just matches days or weeks after the fact. If you live in a no-tax Amazon state, I can see how there would be a price advantage. Other than that, Amazon is pretty worthless for saving money on videogames nowadays. Heck, they didn't even match any of the B2G1 deals this year and Black Friday was basically all matches of other retailers through lightning deals which most people couldn't even get. Amazon has gone from being my #1 retailer to maybe 4 or 5 and the fact that I only have one pre-order pending with them for next year is evidence of how far they have fallen in a really short amount of time.

#333 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I am glad I didn't renew my prime service. I miss the days of Left 4 Dead 2 for $10 and free copies of Superbad.

Amazon can offer us great deals, but from a business standpoint, why should they? Amazon is doing great, and they're not even having to throw us crazy deals to make money. Amazon has become a site for the soccer moms, who do not know shovelware, from great titles.

#334 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Weak as usual.

#335 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Wow - $39.99 for Epic Mickey 2? I want to give them my money, but they must not want it.

:beer:

#336 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Santa doesn't work for Amazon idiot. If he aligned himself with one store that'd be unfair to the others. One thing Santa is, is fair.

The UEETU local #309 (United Elf & Elven Toymakers Union) would chop his balls off, and leave Rudolph's bloody severed head in Mr. and Mrs. Claus's bed if he did...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#337 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Wow - $39.99 for Epic Mickey 2? I want to give them my money, but they must not want it.

Agreed, I might consider for $30, would buy for $25. I'll just wait till Jan when it is $20.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#338 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Has anyone used that Turtle Beach headset? The reviews range from "completely sucks" to "COD fanboy" so I'm not sure who to believe.

foxhack.jpg

#339 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Agreed, I might consider for $30, would buy for $25. I'll just wait till Jan when it is $20.

Exactly.
Posted Image

#340 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Only thing I would consider is epic mickey 2 ps3...I have the first one, but having gotten into it too much, and honestly might just wait for a price drop, sucks that I can't rent it with my pass... & I already own Need For Speed from the $50 newegg price point at release.

#341 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

This Gold Box Item is better than Zumba dancesmith 9

Posted Image
Missing Link 6-Ounce Ultimate Feline Formula for Cats
$12.49 $8.38 (33% off)

#342 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

My body is ready for shovelware!

My body, mind and soul were not disappointed for the huge pile of pig vomit Amazon has unleashed upon us today.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#343 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

I have to agree with this. Amazon was outmatched by just about every other retailer this year when it came to preorders, especially since they no longer have RDD-guarantee. They went from setting the standards for deals to rarely even price matching.

This year, I'd give best deals to Newegg or (as much as I hate them) Best Buy. Newegg is definitely worth giving a chance.

Bravo :applause:

Someone who speaks the truth. Too many amazon fanboys at CAG. Newegg has done well this year. Amazon is only good when they price match retailers. That's it. Good prices on books but CAGs don't care about books. :lol:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#344 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

I had a very violent experience flatulating as I clicked on this thread.

#345 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Bravo :applause:

Someone who speaks the truth. Too many amazon fanboys at CAG. Newegg has done well this year. Amazon is only good when they price match retailers. That's it. Good prices on books but CAGs don't care about books. :lol:

I do. Buying college books for under $10 then selling them to the school I goto for $60.

But game wise, Newegg is gaining ground.

#346 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

amazon outdone themselves. :applause:
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#347 imri

imri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I hope it's something beyond ridiculous like Perfect Dark Zero just to see peoples' reactions

Beyond Ridiculous is right lololol

#348 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Has anyone used that Turtle Beach headset? The reviews range from "completely sucks" to "COD fanboy" so I'm not sure who to believe.

From what I was told the Turtle Beach has the best sound quality but the for some reason it's very easy to snap them in half.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#349 silver2k1gt

silver2k1gt

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well from a CAG/ average gamer stand point this was one of there worst video game lightning days. But from a business stand point they sold out on 3 of those Zumba games and 80% on the other, so pretty successful for them.

So all our bitching is not going to make them change future offering from mimicking this one when they see today's sales results.

#350 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Given the nature of this thread I'm sure it's been commented on already but how the Fuck did 3/4 of the Zumba lightning deals reach 100% claimed?

I'm sure someone at Amazon is looking at that and thinking "WINNING"

Guess we know what to look forward to

#351 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Given the nature of this thread I'm sure it's been commented on already but how the Fuck did 3/4 of the Zumba lightning deals reach 100% claimed?

I'm guessing a lot of husband/bf just finished their Christmas shopping.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#352 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is the only type of Zumba I'm interested in

LINK

#353 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

bingo! Lots of gift-buying today. Sucks for us.

#354 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

they're all 100% claimed!

*mind-blown*

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#355 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

100% claimed could be 25 copies or 1000 copies. It doesn't really tell us much. I guess they would call it a "success" that they met their target for the day, but we don't really know if this is driving any type of profits or serious revenue for them. My theory is that each department is required to do lighting deals, and whoever is in charge of video games right now seems to give two f%%ks about it - certainly not about what "gamers" want.

edit: their movie lighting deals have been sucking too, so it's not just limited to just video games.

#356 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I don't know what's more funny, these terrible deals, or the tags in this thread.

#357 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

I don't know what's more funny, these terrible deals, or the tags in this thread.

sweet headset & 7PM EST deal

#358 battousai11

battousai11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Now I know what you guys were talking about when you were "Waiting for disappointment" lol 4 Zumba deals? The very last deal intrigues me though. Maybe a HORI fighting stick?

It's a madcatz stick, the description matches either the SFxT stick or the MLG stick. Now we just need to know how much we can get it for.

#359 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

And here comes a bad price for nfp:mw

#360 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sometimes I think you guys have no idea there is a world out there.