Amazon All Video Games Gold Box Tuesday December 4

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#241 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Everyone in here needs to remember this when the next Cheapy awards come up and not rubber stamp Amazon as online retailer of the year and send a message that Amazon needs to change if it wants to remain relevant for more than just 1 day a year.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#242 fido_sido

fido_sido

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

call of duty black ops 2 hardened edition for $79.99. Is it ever gonna get cheaper than this?

PS have a $20 gc to use...so technically i'll get it for $59.99....worth it? yay or nay?

#243 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Geez - would it have been too much to ask for the Wii U version of Just Dance 4 to be included in the gold box price?
Posted Image

#244 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

This picture is how I feel about these Amazon gold deals anymore. Just pretend the guy on the right is Amazon.

Spoiler

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#245 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

i like the g155 but i think i can wait to buy it cheaper

#246 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

*looks at gold box*
lol classic amazon

Yep. These days with Amazon you're guaranteed to get some Cabela title, Just Dance or Zumba, the last Call of Duty at not much of a sale price, an arcade fight stick, some Capcom fighting game and a gamer headset.

Yet we all go into each Gold Box event hoping for the best.

"Reissue, repackage, repackage..."

#247 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

I will admit, I was laughing to myself a bit when I got to the third Zumba. Then I saw yet another Zumba and just closed the page.
Posted Image

#248 Funkenstein91

Funkenstein91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wow, just when you thought these couldn't get any worse.

Does Amazon not understand that gamers sometimes use their site and not just bored housewives?

#249 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

I will admit, I was laughing to myself a bit when I got to the third Zumba. Then I saw yet another Zumba and just closed the page.

^^^this. I actually thought, "hey, are they trying to be ironic?!," then I realized the clues changed. I have never seen such crap.

Edited by Multibeaster79, 04 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#250 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

Pretty much how how felt while reading the Zumba-filled OP. I guess my hopes and dreams of a Radiant Historia deal are shattered.

ostzsk.jpg

#251 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Zumbariffic!

Seriously, anyone let down by this hasnt been paying attention. They havent had a decent deal in their gold box days in years.

#252 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Zumba Extreme (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Zumba 2: The Reckoning (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
The Michael Jackson Zumba Experience (PS3/Xbox/Wii)
Raving Rabbids Zumba (Xbox Kinect)
Mario And Sonic Zumba (wii)
Zombie Zumba (PS3/Xbox)
Dark Void (PS3/Xbox)
Posted Image

#253 Ash Burton

Ash Burton

Hail to the King, Baby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Its as if Amazon read this thread full of bitching and thought, wouldn't it be funny if we put 5 Zumba games on the goldbox deals?
Posted Image

#254 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

LOL at all the crybabies that post during an Amazon Gold Box thread! I LOL so hard at you all!

106889.png

#255 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I can just picture Reggie saying...

ZUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

#256 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm in for 5 different versions of Zumba.

#257 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Amazon is great. Just when I think their Goldbox deals couldn't get more lame, they manage to prove me wrong. I mean, they are never really all that good, but geeze.

#258 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

As soon as I saw four Zumba Fitness deals in a row followed by Epic Mickey, I just knew I had to come to this thread. The only plus is that most of us never had hope for any good deals from Amazon today, so there can't be any real disappointment.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#259 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

LOL at all the crybabies that post during an Amazon Gold Box thread! I LOL so hard at you all!

Thanks for the update.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#260 Qwinn3

Qwinn3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

On a totally unrelated note, I recently purchased the Assassins Creed Vita bundle and got a promo code for $10 off the purchase of AC3.

If anybody wants it, here you go: 7S63-JYBYZY-JGCZEP

Now back to Zumba fitness.

#261 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'm in for 3 The Walking Zumba: CE.

#262 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I normally don't give Amazon a hard time for these Gold Box events. I'm grateful for Amazon and that they even offer the deals. But this one just sucks.

#263 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Even the clues are shovel ware

#264 rrpwiii

rrpwiii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I had been giving Amazon the benefit of the doubt on this goldbox, what with a decent BF line up and the imminent holiday. Oh well, Zumba rainbow it is.

#265 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

amazon just punked the gaming community. I applaud them in their lolz
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#266 bchampnd

bchampnd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think these Gold Boxes have become a joke to the CAG community but, and this frightens me, games like Dance Central / Let's Dance / Zumba do actually sell well. They just appeal to a very different audience. CAG's get disappointed because the Gold Box events always seem to have the same games (or the franchise's newer edition) but I think these events are really targeted at the more mainstream and casual shopper.

Now that I've shifted most of my gaming over to PC, I've been pretty impressed by Amazon's sales. While they don't often reach the lunacy levels of the Steam summer or winter sales, the weekly deals are usually very good. I think that when people lobby for Amazon as retailer of the year, it's because of the PC deals and the pre-order bonuses (though most of those have slipped from $20 credit to $10 in the past year or so) and release date delivery for console games and not the Gold Box events.

#267 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Having 4 Zumba lightning deals is funny as shit. I say bravo Amazon. If I'm going to pass at least I can point and laugh about it.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#268 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I think these Gold Boxes have become a joke to the CAG community but, and this frightens me, games like Dance Central / Let's Dance / Zumba do actually sell well. They just appeal to a very different audience. CAG's get disappointed because the Gold Box events always seem to have the same games (or the franchise's newer edition) but I think these events are really targeted at the more mainstream and casual shopper.

Now that I've shifted most of my gaming over to PC, I've been pretty impressed by Amazon's sales. While they don't often reach the lunacy levels of the Steam summer or winter sales, the weekly deals are usually very good. I think that when people lobby for Amazon as retailer of the year, it's because of the PC deals and the pre-order bonuses (though most of those have slipped from $20 credit to $10 in the past year or so) and release date delivery for console games and not the Gold Box events.

I haven't seen a good pre-order deal from Amazon in a while. The last batch were all Instant Video credits.

I usually don't get much out of these deals because I own most of the games out there, but the running joke on these gold box events is that they're almost always garbage games. The event isn't worth noting because it's generally 75% Wii games, and usually bad Wii games at that. I mean just the fact that the majority of posters in this thread were able to predict what type of games would be up for sale should be a big flashing sign that Amazon has done this way too many times already.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#269 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm moderately interested in the arcade stick(?) going on sale at midnight. If that's even what it is.

It would have to hit a stupifyingly low price point (like 20 bucks) for me to buy it, as I literally have some Sanwa parts en route to mod my Tekken 6 stick, and still need to acquire a soldering iron. But here's hoping. Maybe.

#270 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Any chance Epic Mickey at 1:00 PST is not solely of the Wii variety?