Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/2 to 12/8) Nintendo 3DS $129.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

#541 Gmmr04

Gmmr04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Probably going to try and get far cry 3 at full price from toysrus. Looking forward to it, and by the reviews and such, it's worth it, then grab hitman at 50% off.

#542 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Yes, assuming the UPC on the back is the same, which it should be if it's the same identical item from the same store. I assume you meant return the "sealed" game with the other receipt.

Whoops yeah I meant "sealed" and the other receipt.

Thank you

#543 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I price matched Portal 2 at my local BB (from the Kmart ad of course) for $9.99 without any issues.

What surprised me is that Portal 2 was part of the PS3 Greatest Hits series with the red label and case. The game still has the Steam code to activate a PC version of Portal 2, plus it also have a blurb on the cover stating the Portal 2 Peer Review is 'now available'. I did get the game in that horrible red case, but did manage to swap it out after getting home....
Posted Image

#544 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

does BB PM online?

gotta grab a red 3DS for my brother.. but Target no longer has it online

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#545 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

does BB PM online?

gotta grab a red 3DS for my brother.. but Target no longer has it online

Grab a Target ad (physical, paper ad) and bring it in. They should PM with no issues.

#546 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Huh, one of the Best Buys in my area that was previously listed as not having the Mario 3DS in stock is now listed as such. I wonder if they got a new shipment in.

#547 RustyMune

RustyMune

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thank KOS-MOS i checked this thread, I almost went to BB for my 3DSXL and missed out on the TRU deal

#548 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

couldn't find any portal 2s and didn't really have the time to get an employee to spend 20 minutes looking for a copy. does anyone know when the free $3 sywr credit ends?

Mine was set to expire today, so I went by on my lunch break and picked up the last PS3 copy they had. I really wanted the 360 version though (they were out) since I started it a while back but ended up trading it in when I could get a lot for it.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#549 Bong

Bong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

can anyone help me get a copy of the kmart ad? My local kmart has deus ex for 29.99 and will give it to me for 9.99 if I show them the add for it. Thanks in advance

#550 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

can anyone help me get a copy of the kmart ad? My local kmart has deus ex for 29.99 and will give it to me for 9.99 if I show them the add for it. Thanks in advance

Wait...Kmart is asking you for a Kmart ad? Or is that a typo? Not sure if it was because I wouldn't put it past Kmart to ask you to bring in their own ad.

#551 Bong

Bong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Wait...Kmart is asking you for a Kmart ad? Or is that a typo? Not sure if it was because I wouldn't put it past Kmart to ask you to bring in their own ad.

No, it's true. Not a typo. K-mart in Penn Station located in Manhattan, NY doesn't have any copies of their ad.

#552 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

No, it's true. Not a typo. K-mart in Penn Station located in Manhattan, NY doesn't have any copies of their ad.

I find that hard to believe (not that I don't believe YOU, but I don't believe THEM not having a copy of their own ad) ... normally management has an ad or at least the electronics counter has one laying around due to so many price matches/corrections they likely have to deal with.

#553 Bong

Bong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I find that hard to believe (not that I don't believe YOU, but I don't believe THEM not having a copy of their own ad) ... normally management has an ad or at least the electronics counter has one laying around due to so many price matches/corrections they likely have to deal with.

Well I appreciate your sentiment. Imagine how I felt dealing with this stupidity in person... I am still ad-less and deus ex-less

#554 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Back in the days when Josh (K-Mart gaming lead) was around and we had the SHC Gamer threads, he had to tell people all the time about how NYC stores weren't "ad supported", so that actually makes a lot of sense. Hopefully you'll get your hands on a copy soon.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#555 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Definitely not a typo. Around here in NYC they don't honor the nationally printed deals all the time unless you bring the ad in or if you have a cool person in the gaming department. My usual guy will ask the manager to PM.

With that said, the Astor location didn't give me the $10 price because it rings up at full price AND she insisted it is an online only price.

Has anyone gotten this to work at Penn Station joint?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#556 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Does TRU even carry Persona 4 in store?

I'm wondering the same thing.

#557 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Been awhile since I've done these types of deals at TRU: is tax calculated on the pre-50% off discount?

#558 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

anyone know if you still get the pc version when u buy portal 2

u do

#559 droidekaspam

droidekaspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

FYI. I didn't see anyone mention it. The TRU deal for the 3DS comes with a $30 promotional GC, which expires on 2/2/2013. It's not a regular GC. At least that's what was given to me.

#560 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Was that you I met this morning? lol

#561 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I hate Kmart :roll:

#562 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Back in the days when Josh (K-Mart gaming lead) was around and we had the SHC Gamer threads, he had to tell people all the time about how NYC stores weren't "ad supported", so that actually makes a lot of sense. Hopefully you'll get your hands on a copy soon.

Where's Josh now?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#563 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

It did end up being a pain at target. Long story short, she didn't want to PM, made it seem like it was an exception to PM their own site, and then said I would have to go get the game myself, and bring it back.

Good thing the person in electronics was nice enough to do it back there, and PM Gamestop as they should have in the first place. (Nothing online states that Gamestop is exempt.)

Either way, I got my game and only paid $30.

#564 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

so the nearest Kmart to a BB is 26 miles in my area....will I have any shot at getting Portal 2 pricematched?

#565 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

I hope Amazon price matches K-mart :(
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#566 Knives05

Knives05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Stopped by k-mart, no Portal 2. They had ONE copy of Deus Ex for the PS3, so i bought that one. Can't go too wrong for 10 bucks.

#567 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

no Target within my vicinity has this deal anymore. shucks :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#568 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

So guess I'm screwed on Portal 2 PS3. This sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#569 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Something odd (but cool) happened at TRU just now. I got back from buying a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 + stylus. However instead of a $30 gift card, I got a $41.99 one, so claims both the cashier and the receipt clearing showing that number.

I guess I'll know for sure next time I stop by.

#570 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

do you generally need the ad to pricematch at best buy? I want to pick up two vita games (b1g1 50% off toysrus), but my toysrus doesn't have the titles i want.