Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/2 to 12/8) Nintendo 3DS $129.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

#151 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Do they show the regular 3DS on the cover or is it the one preloaded with Super Mario 3D Land? Darn the technicalities, BB.

Only a purple 3DS on the cover.

#152 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Well I guess it's a good time to get a 3DS.I wonder where is that one guy who kept flipping out about how the 3DS being on sale was not true because he worked at target and he never saw the Ad when someone had posted on here on Sunday or Monday about the 3ds sale.I bet he feels pretty stupid now.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#153 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Target actually had it at that price day 1, so I already PM'd down to $50. Waiting for it to drop lower (on a non Black Friday/Cyber Monday) for more $$ back.

Edit: And now that I'm looking, Best Buy also has it for this price this week.

Thanks for the heads up. I havent been very good with my PMing

#154 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Is the 3DS not available to purchase in like 6-7 different colors? So does target only carry 3 and that is the reason it says "available in 3 colors'?

#155 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Is the 3DS not available to purchase in like 6-7 different colors? So does target only carry 3 and that is the reason it says "available in 3 colors'?

well blue has been discontinued (so I've heard) and that would only leave red, pink. purple and black and it is possible that they may be phasing one of those colors out too (or maybe they're only guaranteeing stock in three of the colors)

#156 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

It's all cool Ike, I was confused as hell too with the BF deals... The 3DS with preloaded MK7 bundle came after BF so I can see a number of people going to return their purchased 3DS exchanging for this bundle.

If you have a TRU reward card, this deal potentially netting another $20 on top of the $30 GC. But the sales tax is on the full $199.99 amount remember that :)

And if you have the $20 Groupon, you can use it to get the 3DS XL bundle for $179.99, which lowers the sales tax :) But the reward amount is $18 (10% of $179.99).

Giving that most people are on the fence on the new 3DS XL, I don't think TRU will run of stocks. But as always, good luck CAGs :) And oh, thanks everybody, especially OP, for the info!

#157 neuropunk

neuropunk

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Because Cheapy's scanner is broken and he's mad.

OF COURSE FOR LEGAL REASONS.

if it's legal reasons then why can you say what the deals are?

what is the legal issue then?

Anyhow, I have always just thought that it's retarded not to just use the scan. I see websites that use scans all the time.

Sucks when I can't look through the ad because it isn't released yet, but you guys will only list specific things but I want to know what else is in the ad, but I can't because of the retarded rule for no scans.

#158 iamsobroke

iamsobroke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Do ps3 copies still come with a copy for steam? Can I activate it on steam if I don't have a ps3?

#159 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

if it's legal reasons then why can you say what the deals are?

what is the legal issue then?

Anyhow, I have always just thought that it's retarded not to just use the scan. I see websites that use scans all the time.

Sucks when I can't look through the ad because it isn't released yet, but you guys will only list specific things but I want to know what else is in the ad, but I can't because of the retarded rule for no scans.

I'm just taking a guess, we can share information no problem, but the images are owned by the company, and I suppose without their permission they will be upset with CAG?

And it's in CAG's best interest not to get on their bad sides, I'm assuming.

Thanks CrossFire (much kinder CAG than the other guy, I don't know what pisses him off). Right, it's Kart :)

For those of you have the TRU reward, there's a 10% reward for purchases between 10/28/12 - 12/24/12. I checked my reward account and I see that there's a max of $30 reward for the promotional period (I'm guessing the 10% back). My Wii U purchase pretty much maxed out the 10% reward promotion :hot:. So not cool... That means if I'm buying the 3DS XL with preloaded MK7, I won't be getting 10% back. Oh well, at least still 4% back on the TRU CC (oyi, I'm feeling the holiday pinch here and I didn't win the darn Powerball either).

It's a pretty sweet deal, I'm going to get my second 3DS XL, thanks everybody!

Wait, that means in addition to all the other bonuses, I can get $20 back in yet-more-bonus TRU credit?! I am a TRU rewards member, does it occur automatically when I have my card scanned, do I need some coupon?

#160 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Choco, it's a promo they're running about 10% back... so at 200 you get 10% back so $20. If you took advantage of any of their other BF deals, you likely already have credit (I took advantage of the B1G1 50% on WiiU) so then you can MAX that rebate up to $30.

https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/faq.cfm Click #3

So you get the 3DS XL, $30, (another $20 for the rebate), a stylus, and MK7 (whether you like it or not).

It's not really a good way to rationalize, but if you look at it like your subtracting everything you GET with this deal from the price you're looking at about $100 savings.

EDIT: SHITE... read that closely! You don't get 10% back, you get 5% "Members earn 5% back on purchases of diapers, formula, baby food, video games, video game hardware, video game accessories, Apple products, V.I.B. (Very Important Baby) card loads and gift card purchases."

#161 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ugh was hoping 100% would be back this week.

Apparently not back until after 12/22 :(

Edited by panda911, 29 November 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#162 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

the closest kmart to me is closing, so i hope they still have portal there

#163 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Might finally be time to buy that Xbox Kinect bundle. (I know it was cheaper BF but I was traveling for the weekend.)

#164 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

So don't be that guy. I (and others) pay taxes anyway so I never consider it when trying to figure out a deal.

Taxes usually doesn't bother me when I buy games since it is usually a few bucks. $20 in taxes is a different story. That amounts to 2 games in some cases
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#165 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't believe the PS3 version was on sale. It was only the Xbox 360 version.

Giving clothes and canned goods is charity......giving an Xbox game is just silly.

I spend enough hard earned cash @ Best Buy, I would expect some kinda reward for my honesty :lol:

Giving an Xbox game is not silly since either a kid can play the game or the game can be sold for cash.

Reward for your honesty? Do you also want a medal for giving to the poor?

#166 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Taxes usually doesn't bother me when I buy games since it is usually a few bucks. $20 in taxes is a different story. That amounts to 2 games in some cases

tax is tax. to me, you can't use NOT paying it for comparison purposes. but whatever.

Giving an Xbox game is not silly since either a kid can play the game or the game can be sold for cash.

Reward for your honesty? Do you also want a medal for giving to the poor?

I actually wasn't suggesting giving ACR to a kid since I believe it's an M rated game. I was saying he should sell it on ebay and donate the proceeds. But obviously to him, he would want the charity to then give him some money for his time and honesty. :lol:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#167 bankson

bankson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wait does this mean the Assassin's Creed 3 sale doesn't include the Wii U version?

#168 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

are those still around? Nintendo's handheld holiday bundles tend to sell out completely on Black Friday each year

The two closest Taget stores near me are out, but others within a 50 mile radius are limited/in stock. My Best Buy store though had well over a dozen of these on Sunday.

#169 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

tax is tax. to me, you can't use NOT paying it for comparison purposes. but whatever.:

Someone needs to read about the absolute value of money. There is perceived cost and actual cost.

You are telling me that you would buy a $1,000 TV at best buy and pay $1,085 (with taxes) than pay $1,000 for the same model on buy.com.

$85 makes a big difference. It can buy you a bluray player. Think about that.

Edit: don't get me wrong. I am all for Paying taxes but I like to save $$ based on my income.

#170 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

FYI, some Targets still have the 250 GB PS3 w/Uncharted 1&2 + Infamous 1&2 for $200. I just purchased one at a local target. You can check stock online. The one I went to the clerk didn't think they had any, but I saw it in the case and sure enough it rang up for $199.99+tax.

http://www.target.co...Slot=medium_1_1

Crunchewy.png

#171 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

No chance Best Buy would match Target's $129 sale on the 3DS on the SM3DL bundle from Black Friday huh?

#172 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

No chance Best Buy would match Target's $129 sale on the 3DS on the SM3DL bundle from Black Friday huh?

I'd say there's a chance if it's in stock. I know I could get it to work at my local store. My Best Buy doesn't let me do *any* price match like some people get (PMing all sorts of online stores, or PMing gift card deals, etc.), but this is something I'd be confident in getting matched.

#173 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

well blue has been discontinued (so I've heard) and that would only leave red, pink. purple and black and it is possible that they may be phasing one of those colors out too (or maybe they're only guaranteeing stock in three of the colors)

Red is phased out as well as the 3DS website only shows Black, Pink, and Purple.

#174 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I'd say there's a chance if it's in stock. I know I could get it to work at my local store. My Best Buy doesn't let me do *any* price match like some people get (PMing all sorts of online stores, or PMing gift card deals, etc.), but this is something I'd be confident in getting matched.

Two of the local three stores list it as in stock. I was thinking of picking one up on the way home tonight, but I'd love to get it at $129 instead...I have a feeling that Best Buy is gonna be like "Yeah, no, that's the standalone system, we won't match the price on [what's technically] a bundle."

#175 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Someone needs to read about the absolute value of money. There is perceived cost and actual cost.

You are telling me that you would buy a $1,000 TV at best buy and pay $1,085 (with taxes) than pay $1,000 for the same model on buy.com.

$85 makes a big difference. It can buy you a bluray player. Think about that.

Edit: don't get me wrong. I am all for Paying taxes but I like to save $$ based on my income.

Look, I'm not gonna get into some moral (or political) discussion with you. To me, I'm supposed to pay that tax anyway. So if its an extra $85 in taxes, that's just the cost of being a consumer. I don't use it as a basis for comparison.

Also, I'm more than willing to play for customer service so even if amazon charges me more after tax, I'm ok with that. Or even best buy lately.

#176 lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

This thread is missing some deals (of which I may not have remembered them all), but the one people might have most interest in is the buy one get one 50% off all games, accessories, and guides promo that's all over the last few pages of the ad book.

Yes I would like more info about this too. I was going to go to TRU tomorrow and purchase some Wii U games but this deal sounds better..that way I can get four Wii U games and get 2 of them 50 percent off..am also wondering if this applies to 3DS games as well. Would like more info before I go to the store tomorrow
This deal sounds better that way I am not basically forced to buy Epic Mickey in order to get the 50 percent off..but I am wondering how much Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U will be on Sunday since right now Target has it for 39.99 and I was going to price match it tomorrow at TRU that deal might not be available on Sunday

Edited by lakerfanalways, 29 November 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#177 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

I'm curious to see if the stores with red ones (and other colors) will be priced the same. I think I'm definitely going to try and get a red Mario bundle, if I can find one.

#178 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

the closest kmart to me is closing, so i hope they still have portal there

If the store is closing, they won't have the same prices as the ad.

#179 SylentHavok

SylentHavok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Portal 2 for $10 is a steal, definitely one of my favorite games of this generation.
Posted Image

#180 Lonegunman718

Lonegunman718

the thing that goes bump in the night

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

after xbl 1600 point cards for $10 everything looks meh

GT: Lonegunman718