Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/2 to 12/8) Nintendo 3DS $129.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
627 replies to this topic

#241 mugoldeneagle03

mugoldeneagle03

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

No chance Best Buy would match Target's $129 sale on the 3DS on the SM3DL bundle from Black Friday huh?

We don't price match anything from a Black Friday ad. Ever.

#242 jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

oh and how do u get the 10 dollar off 100 coupon at target?

#243 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

so best buy will price match the 3ds at 129?

Yeah.

The bigger question is will they match the SM3DL bundle. Hmm. I don't see why not.

#244 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

We don't price match anything from a Black Friday ad. Ever.

...The $129 3DS is from this Sunday's Target ad, not the Black Friday ad.

#245 Pamela80

Pamela80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

besides purple, any info on the other two colors? if i get one ahead of time for a price match i don't want to buy red or blue and find out the "three colors available" are black, purple, and pink. i tried calling my local target but the electronics salesperson said they only get the weekly flyer from their manager sunday morning.

#246 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Yeah.

The bigger question is will they match the SM3DL bundle. Hmm. I don't see why not.

That's partially my conundrum .. do I use my employee discount (15% off) and try to get the SM3DL bundle or do I PM at Best Buy to get it and get the RZ points. Hmm.

#247 eastcoastkody

eastcoastkody

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

sorry if mentioned earlier. But u can also get a free 3DS game from Club Nintendo w/ the purchase of a new 3DS XL

http://mynintendonew...-game-for-free/

So for $199.99 u could get the 3DS XL w/ Digi versions of Mario Kart 7 & Super Mario 3D Land

#248 htz

htz

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

sorry if mentioned earlier. But u can also get a free 3DS game from Club Nintendo w/ the purchase of a new 3DS XL

http://mynintendonew...-game-for-free/

So for $199.99 u could get the 3DS XL w/ Digi versions of Mario Kart 7 & Super Mario 3D Land

I think this is a europe only offer based on other gaming sites.

#249 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I will attempt to return my Epic Mickey 2 that I haven't opened yet from the B1G1 50% Wii U this week and get a copy of PS All Stars for PS3. Getting the vita copy on top of that is icing on the cake :D

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#250 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I will attempt to return my Epic Mickey 2 that I haven't opened yet from the B1G1 50% Wii U this week and get a copy of PS All Stars for PS3. Getting the vita copy on top of that is icing on the cake :D

I heard you man. Keeping my games new for now. If anything cheaper, buy it and return old one. That reminds me of Nintendo Dogs 3DS from Best Buy last year, lol. Return two times and 3rd time is the charm at $7.99 or $6.99 or so. Though game is same but heck, just bought all three covers.

#251 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hmm... Paid $175 at Target for the XL. Tempted to exchange it for the 129.99 regular 3DS and a game or two.

For people that have played both, is the XL really worth it over the regular 3ds?

#252 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

i wish my toysrus' 3ds selection wasnt so crappy. scratch that, my toysrus' video game selection in general is pretty crappy.

ill probably use that groupon on professor layton and....something else.

#253 stevo1002

stevo1002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Really tempted with the 3DSXL bundle with so many discounts/GCs. I bought a 3ds day one, but the larger screen would make Paper Mario, Zelda OoT, Mario 3d land, and KH3d so amazing.... However it would mean spending the money I've been saving for a Wii U. Toys R Us is making it really hard for me to show self control this month. But I think I'll hold off on both until some new games come out and a b2g1 sale comes up.

#254 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

if it's legal reasons then why can you say what the deals are?

what is the legal issue then?

Anyhow, I have always just thought that it's retarded not to just use the scan. I see websites that use scans all the time.

Sucks when I can't look through the ad because it isn't released yet, but you guys will only list specific things but I want to know what else is in the ad, but I can't because of the retarded rule for no scans.

If I remember correctly Circuit City and Sony got real pissed at Cheapy D and a Slick deals user that moonlighted here that used to post the Circuit City ads when he posted ads leaking the original Ps3 price drop and Cheapy got Cease and desist orders from lawyers and threats to expose the user

Turns out he was working at the printshop that Circuit City hired to print the ads and was scaning the ads weeks in advance. It wasnt a problem unitl he leaked the Price drop of the ps3 to 499 and Sony went apeshit when it spread like wildfire across the net. Of course they came down on Circuit City hard and Circuit City came looking for blood

It was a real shitstorm
Posted Image
Posted Image

#255 Cibello20

Cibello20

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

Was hoping TRU had the 32GB Vita memory listed for $79.99, instead of $99.99. At 80 bucks, it would of had me leaning towards buying 2 memory cards with the B1G1 50% off accessory deal, and paying $120 for two 32GB cards, and sell the extra one. Oh well, I guess I will just have to keep patiently waiting for a deal for the 32GB memory card...

#256 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

You have an XL, and reviews said bigger is better. So it's fine.

Batsugunner.png

#257 fido_sido

fido_sido

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

sooooo....no deal on 3ds xl on amazon?

#258 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Updated 1st post with a lot of stuff.

Batsugunner.png

#259 neuropunk

neuropunk

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

If I remember correctly Circuit City and Sony got real pissed at Cheapy D and a Slick deals user that moonlighted here that used to post the Circuit City ads when he posted ads leaking the original Ps3 price drop and Cheapy got Cease and desist orders from lawyers and threats to expose the user

Turns out he was working at the printshop that Circuit City hired to print the ads and was scaning the ads weeks in advance. It wasnt a problem unitl he leaked the Price drop of the ps3 to 499 and Sony went apeshit when it spread like wildfire across the net. Of course they came down on Circuit City hard and Circuit City came looking for blood

It was a real shitstorm

I know you! :P

anyhow, thanks for the answer

#260 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Portal 2 for me!

#261 Pig

Pig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

So does anyone know how this price match would work?
TRU is running a $30 GC + stylus.
BB has $20 and case.

Can you get BB to price match $30 off the system + get the case and gift card from BB? Anyone with experience matching with multiple GC offers know how it works?

#262 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

It depends. BB changed their price match policy and gift cards are now extras, which they don't price match.

Batsugunner.png

#263 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I want a 3ds, but everyone says that the XL is much better. Is it that much better? I just want a handheld to play pokemon, zelda, star fox, and the mario 3ds games.

#264 Pamela80

Pamela80

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I want a 3ds, but everyone says that the XL is much better. Is it that much better? I just want a handheld to play pokemon, zelda, star fox, and the mario 3ds games.

my opinion, the regular 3ds has a sharper screen, a little louder volume, and better build quality, the xl has the bigger screen, better battery life, and is more comfortable to hold for long gameplay, you have to decide what trade off is better for you.

#265 GDB

GDB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

That's partially my conundrum .. do I use my employee discount (15% off) and try to get the SM3DL bundle or do I PM at Best Buy to get it and get the RZ points. Hmm.

I don't see why people value RZ points so highly. I'm not sure how much the SM3DL bundle is off-hand, but I'm going to use the $130 in the thread title for this purpose.

15% off of $130 would be a net savings of $19.50. If you can use your Red card on top of that, you save another $5.52, for a total savings of $25.02.

$130 at Best Buy gets you 130 RZ points. That's the equivalent to $2.60, which you have to use at a later date instead of instantly getting it.

So, yeah. I don't see why people value RZ points so highly, above even the Red card by itself.

#266 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Really tempted with the 3DSXL bundle with so many discounts/GCs. I bought a 3ds day one, but the larger screen would make Paper Mario, Zelda OoT, Mario 3d land, and KH3d so amazing.... However it would mean spending the money I've been saving for a Wii U. Toys R Us is making it really hard for me to show self control this month. But I think I'll hold off on both until some new games come out and a b2g1 sale comes up.

I got a 3DS XL when the trade in value for the original 3DS was $100 at Gamestop. It is truly an amazing difference i.m.o. - If you are into your 3DS, I don't think you'll regret it.

However, if you have to choose between the two, that is a tough one.

#267 mugoldeneagle03

mugoldeneagle03

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

...The $129 3DS is from this Sunday's Target ad, not the Black Friday ad.

Ah, didn't see the "from" black friday. Then yes, we'll price match anything. I don't get how some store's don't. We got explicit notifications a week before Thanksgiving that it's a 100% guarantee to top competitors, no matter what.

Your good to go

#268 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't see why people value RZ points so highly. I'm not sure how much the SM3DL bundle is off-hand, but I'm going to use the $130 in the thread title for this purpose.

15% off of $130 would be a net savings of $19.50. If you can use your Red card on top of that, you save another $5.52, for a total savings of $25.02.

$130 at Best Buy gets you 130 RZ points. That's the equivalent to $2.60, which you have to use at a later date instead of instantly getting it.

So, yeah. I don't see why people value RZ points so highly, above even the Red card by itself.

While you are right that an employee discount would be far superior, most people get double reward zone points on gaming with the free Gamers Club at Besy Buy. If I understand the point structure correctly, this would amount to $5 in rewards, which is still much less.

On another note, I thought Target's employee discount was 10%?

#269 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Ah, didn't see the "from" black friday. Then yes, we'll price match anything. I don't get how some store's don't. We got explicit notifications a week before Thanksgiving that it's a 100% guarantee to top competitors, no matter what.

Your good to go

Wouldn't some stores consider the bundle different than the base 3DS though? Like I said, my store would match, but I could see why others might not (though I wouldn't agree). I think the fact that it's a preloaded game makes me think that it should be matched, as opposed to a game packed in.

#270 mugoldeneagle03

mugoldeneagle03

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

So does anyone know how this price match would work?
TRU is running a $30 GC + stylus.
BB has $20 and case.

Can you get BB to price match $30 off the system + get the case and gift card from BB? Anyone with experience matching with multiple GC offers know how it works?

How it works is it usually doesn't.

First off you can mix/match two different offers because that's considered double dipping, for obvious reasons. So you get one or the other. However like the post above states we pretty much did away with GC price matching.

If I were you I'd ask a manager/supervisor if they could, but it's usually up to the GM or MOD, so good luck. 50/50, so worth a shot to ask I'd say