3 months PS+ for $8.99 at Best Buy

I was about to post this, sounds like a good deal. I think 3 month cards are $18 regularly. RZ gamer club is free so there is no reason everyone can't take advantage of this

Well, if somebody goes for the 4-coupons tactic, please share your experience here about how it went. The coupons says 1 3-months card per coupon, 1 coupon per member and coupon is valid only once. My coupon number looks like 102***43. If we all have the same number, I guess we're all good unless they track in real-time which member used his coupon.

[quote name='publicsd']Well, if somebody goes for the 4-coupons tactic, please share your experience here about how it went. The coupons says 1 3-months card per coupon, 1 coupon per member and coupon is valid only once. My coupon number looks like 102***43. If we all have the same number, I guess we're all good unless they track in real-time which member used his coupon.[/QUOTE]

An associate behind the cash at the Mavis and Britannia Best Buy in Mississauga just let me buy 3, all with 1 coupon. He said he did it himself, as long as you don't buy more than 4 he said it was alright to do.
But im sure that's pretty YMMV

[quote name='publicsd']Well, if somebody goes for the 4-coupons tactic, please share your experience here about how it went. The coupons says 1 3-months card per coupon, 1 coupon per member and coupon is valid only once. My coupon number looks like 102***43. If we all have the same number, I guess we're all good unless they track in real-time which member used his coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yes its a generic coupon. Best bet is to visit two different stores in the morning and once again at night.

Well that does it, I'm joining up.

Edit: Here's hoping there are actually any left when I get to the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mike568']Sorry if this is a dumb question. Has anyone tried this coupon in the US?[/QUOTE]

It says very clearly on the coupon "Only Valid In Canada"

My PS+ is good until March or April 2014 so I think I'm gonna pass and let some other people join up and see how awesome PS+ is. :)

Another website has one person claiming they bought 8 at the same location I went to :whistle2:#. At this rate there won't be any left, or the deal will get intensely scrutinized everywhere else.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']An associate behind the cash at the Mavis and Britannia Best Buy in Mississauga just let me buy 3, all with 1 coupon. He said he did it himself, as long as you don't buy more than 4 he said it was alright to do.
But im sure that's pretty YMMV[/QUOTE]

YMMV indeed. Here's my story of last evening:

I had 4 coupons in my pocket and went to the BB that's 5 minutes away from my job after work. Got there, took 1 3-months card from the shelf and then headed for the cash lines. They had only one cashier on duty; only then I remembered that this BB offers crappy service combined with a bunch of clueless customers. I waited in line for 5-6 minutes before I could get my turn at the cash. The cashier was a real noob, didin't know how to handle an online coupon and had to call the manager who told me to get in line at the customer service...

I then waited 7-8 minutes before I could speak with the only representative at the customer service. I asked her if I could buy more than 1 card with my coupon and she told me "Sure, but I need the other cards". I didn't want to lose another 10 minutes redoing the line so I ran across the store like crazy (I'm 6'1" 240 lbs, so I guess I scared some parents with their children) to grab 3 other cards. I came back to the girl, handed the cards and she scanned them... and then told me she could apply the rebate on only one of the cards. Fortunately for her I didn't have a baseball bat to tell her what I really thought of her, so I told her I'd just buy one card.

Went back to the car and headed home. On my way I came across another BB, so I decided to try my luck there.

Went in, took 3 cards, smiled at the girl at the cash (we were 5 customers at the most in the whole store), handed the cards and the coupons, heard "That will be $26.98", paid and went out. Overall: 4 minutes in-out.

Quite happy with this deal as I'll get a year for under 36$. I guess there will be another kind of cheap-ass promo next year, so IMHO no need to be greedy and empty the shelves.

Enjoy it while you can, the promo ends on Thursday.

Similar story, but my second trip of the day to the local BB near work. First time the guy offloaded me to another cashier and i purchased 1. I Continued to read the RFD post entry and others were having luck buying multiples.

So after work i went in to try my luck with three more. Stood in line for about 10 mins (store was fairly busy) - Got the intial CSR who offloaded me earlier in the day. He took one look at me said i could only buy one. i said "Ya-huh, so...". He proceeded to cash me out. Only applied the coupon to one item [he re-read the coupon as it said one : one]. Told him i'd just take the one.

I figure i'll go back in tonight and try my luck again. Two more times [until the 6th] and i'll have my 1 year.

[quote name='publicsd']YMMV indeed. Here's my story of last evening:

I had 4 coupons in my pocket and went to the BB that's 5 minutes away from my job after work. Got there, took 1 3-months card from the shelf and then headed for the cash lines. They had only one cashier on duty; only then I remembered that this BB offers crappy service combined with a bunch of clueless customers. I waited in line for 5-6 minutes before I could get my turn at the cash. The cashier was a real noob, didin't know how to handle an online coupon and had to call the manager who told me to get in line at the customer service...

I then waited 7-8 minutes before I could speak with the only representative at the customer service. I asked her if I could buy more than 1 card with my coupon and she told me "Sure, but I need the other cards". I didn't want to lose another 10 minutes redoing the line so I ran across the store like crazy (I'm 6'1" 240 lbs, so I guess I scared some parents with their children) to grab 3 other cards. I came back to the girl, handed the cards and she scanned them... and then told me she could apply the rebate on only one of the cards. Fortunately for her I didn't have a baseball bat to tell her what I really thought of her, so I told her I'd just buy one card.

Went back to the car and headed home. On my way I came across another BB, so I decided to try my luck there.

Went in, took 3 cards, smiled at the girl at the cash (we were 5 customers at the most in the whole store), handed the cards and the coupons, heard "That will be $26.98", paid and went out. Overall: 4 minutes in-out.

Quite happy with this deal as I'll get a year for under 36$. I guess there will be another kind of cheap-ass promo next year, so IMHO no need to be greedy and empty the shelves.

Enjoy it while you can, the promo ends on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

I brought one coupon to the Cambie St. BB and walked out with one card. They mentioned that if I had separate coupons I could get more.

Probably going back for 3 more and calling it a day.

Grabbed 2 yesterday with 2 accounts (2 different rewards cards) thinking that the register might block after one. The girl didnt complained, but said I could take more if I had more coupons.

Went back today and bought 4 more with 4 coupons in one transaction. They didn't mind at all. I'm thinking of going back, but with the time I had left before the cards, I'm now signed up til end of 2015.

Okay, this might be a dumb question, but are these cards region specific? I'm asking because I am in Canada this week on business and if I can grab some and use them in the US I will try to find the nearest Best Buy.

Success, I took my husband last night to BB and picked up 3 cards. The cashier was nice enough to put them through she just had us do each transaction separately. She was wondering what these cards were and why everyone was buying them. I had one card from earlier in the week so I now have a year of plus for $36.

fuck you hoarders. Yesterday I wanted to get only 1 for myself but they were sold out pretty much everywhere in Vancouver. This city is full of dicks.

Check near the cash registers at the front of the store if you go today. I didn't find any in the games section but I found some near the candy bars.

[quote name='Jotamide']fuck you hoarders. Yesterday I wanted to get only 1 for myself but they were sold out pretty much everywhere in Vancouver. This city is full of dicks.[/QUOTE]

Check near customer services we normally have a rack there full of cards!

[quote name='Jotamide']fuck you hoarders. Yesterday I wanted to get only 1 for myself but they were sold out pretty much everywhere in Vancouver. This city is full of dicks.[/QUOTE]First off chill out.
Secondly, there were at LEAST 12 of them left on the rack when I went yesterday. Did you perhaps miss them?

Oh and I managed to get 3 more, so I'm set for the year. Thanks OP :)

I went to the customer service counter and asked whether I could buy multiple cards on one transaction. After trying it out on two, she was able to give me 4 cards in one bill with one coupon! There were tons of cards left at the Lasalle location in Montreal.

First come First Serve? Check more Regularly? i sit all day at a computer and refresh this forum every few hours. Deal with your lackadaisical bargain hunting skills. Survival of the strongest AND smartest.

[quote name='Jotamide']fuck you hoarders. Yesterday I wanted to get only 1 for myself but they were sold out pretty much everywhere in Vancouver. This city is full of dicks.[/QUOTE]

I think he has to look harder... I found three on the rack yesterday and bought two (with a friend)... it was hidden behind the 1 year cards...

Don't know what your problem is. No need to be so angry. Also, the Metrotown location does not have them at the registers, they had them in the PS3 games section.

I only picked up 2, not sure how I'll like Plus afterall and I don't have time to go to a Best Buy today I think.

[quote name='Icetron']Don't know what your problem is. No need to be so angry. Also, the Metrotown location does not have them at the registers, they had them in the PS3 games section.

I only picked up 2, not sure how I'll like Plus afterall and I don't have time to go to a Best Buy today I think.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same boat... well no need to get a year I guess.. if I like it in half a year I"ll just renew, if I don't, 18 dollars for half a year test run isn't too bad.

well i went into my Best Buy Location closest to me ( Bayers Lake ) and i went for 4 and i asked can i get 4 with the one coupon cause alot of best buys over Canada were allowing it I read so online and the woman look at the coupon and said .. it only says one card for coupon use but let me go ask. so she went and she was gone for like 20 seconds and she came back saying your only allowed 1 card for use with this coupon but were gonna do it just this one time so i'll have to scan it in 4 times so i said oh ok thanks !

a year is all i wanted and i normally don't get more then what i should but it seemed according to another website that most best buys allowed it and didn't mind. and seeing here just getting multiple coupons to get them works anyway i didn't see what the big deal of using the same one coupon * shrugs * Thanks for the heads up :applause:

bread's done
Back