Photo
- - - - -

TRU: $10 Gift Card OFFER with $1.99 Kid's Meal Purchase at Wendy's

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Got this via e-mail. Though, there's not that many Wendy's here in Los Angeles anyways.

EDIT: Valid with purchase of $75 or more

Posted Image

Edited by ElvinWasHere, 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#2 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I don't think you get a $10 gift card, you get an offer for a $10 gift card.

#3 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Gift card offer is for $10 off $75 per the site.

#4 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

This should come in handy for Christmas shopping for the kids, or for those that are looking to do the buy one get one %50 off at TRU this week.

#5 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Title is deceiving.

Crunchewy.png

#6 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm a little confused myself. So,you get this 1.99 kids meal, then we get, pretty much, a coupon for $10 off $75 or more? Am I reading into this right?

#7 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've gotten a couple of these coupons from Wendy's, but haven't used them yet. Haven't been any notable deals to stack them with.

#8 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

So it is 10 off 75+ right?

I take it, one offer per purchase at TRU? You can use it for the b1g1 50% off this week.

#9 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Got this via e-mail. Though, there's not that many Wendy's here in Los Angeles anyways.

EDIT: Valid with purchase of $75 or more

Posted Image

They have emailed me a billion $10 off $75 "OFFER"s in the last couple of weeks. All one has to do is sign up for TRU's mailing list. They, automatically, put me on it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#10 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

It's not valid on games, etc. so unless you still need to do Christmas shopping for little Jamiroquai's Transformers Figures, this is largely useless.

Also a Wendy's near me had these just lying at the register. Its a silly fold out paper.
Posted Image

#11 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

It's not valid on games

I've noticed a lot of offers like this specifically exclude games, and not just at TRU. Best Buy, KMart, etc. all do it.

#12 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

And here I was excited until I read the fine print. I still need to get some gifts for the nephews and a free $10 isn't bad if this can stack with a sale.

I've noticed a lot of offers like this specifically exclude games, and not just at TRU. Best Buy, KMart, etc. all do it.

It is because after the game is shipped to the store it costs the store about $45 dollars. So $15 isn't a large profit on a game that might sell 10 copies and take the space of a hot selling toy.

#13 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

My newspaper is filled with "gift cards" every Sunday. All you have to do is go to a store, select the item the "gift card" is good for and they will take the "gift card" value off of the price.

Many people also call them coupons, but gift card just sounds so much better.

Seriously, it seems like Toys 'R Us could get some flack for the poor wording. Also, coupons like this at Toys R Us are not too hard to come by.

#14 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

My newspaper is filled with "gift cards" every Sunday. All you have to do is go to a store, select the item the "gift card" is good for and they will take the "gift card" value off of the price.

Many people also call them coupons, but gift card just sounds so much better.

Seriously, it seems like Toys 'R Us could get some flack for the poor wording. Also, coupons like this at Toys R Us are not too hard to come by.

"Gift Card" sounds better because it is. "Gift Card" means that it works like currency in the store. This is just typical deceptive marketing if it has significant exclusions and conditions.
Posted Image

#15 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yeah that sucks that it won't work with video games, but oh well, 10 off 75 for christmas shopping is better than nothing.

#16 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

They have emailed me a billion $10 off $75 "OFFER"s in the last couple of weeks. All one has to do is sign up for TRU's mailing list. They, automatically, put me on it.

Yeah, read the fine print as all the coupons I get e-mailed from them almost always exclude video games and video game hardware.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/