Photo
- - - - -

Frys - Vita game sale- Virtue's Last Reward, SF x Tekken- $20 in store, others online

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Rayman Vita is fantastic. I think its the best game on the system.

#32 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

grrrrrr no frys around here :/

$20 is an excellent price for virtue :(

#33 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hopefully virtue is still in stock in two hours. Awesome deal especially since I just started 999.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#34 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I would love to get VLR but no Fry's around me...Trying to get in touch with the OP to get me one.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#35 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Great prices all around. Might try and price match SF x Tk for Vita later today at BB.

Cheers, OP.

#36 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

awww I want Virtues Last Reward, but it can't be shipped and the one 22 miles away doesn't have it :(.

SteamWidget.PNG

#37 Scottly

Scottly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

I want to stay purely digital so badly, but these deals are tearing me apart!!!(lisa)

#38 Action!

Action!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Man, I know nothing about VLR but all the talk in here is making me think I should swing by and grab it.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#39 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm interested in Virtue's Last Reward, but doesn't this game have some issues with some kind of saved data?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#40 Scottly

Scottly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Man, I know nothing about VLR but all the talk in here is making me think I should swing by and grab it.

from my understanding it's a "visual novel" with lots of puzzle solving. Also, it references it's predecessor, 999 on the DS.

#41 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Looks like horde-o snatched up all the Street Fighter x Tekkens' in Houston. woomp woomp. Did get VLR.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#42 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Be sure to watch videos of it on YouTube to see if it's something you'd like. I saw the chat about it, then checked the vids. I wouldn't download it if it were 'free' for PS+.

Edit: Added ' ' around 'free' for PS+. Lmfao.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#43 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm interested in Virtue's Last Reward, but doesn't this game have some issues with some kind of saved data?

That issue affects the 3DS version only, the Vita version is fine. I was torn between the 3DS or Vita version, but the save issue and the $20 price point sealed the deal for me.

http://www.destructo...ds-237971.phtml

I nabbed SFxT, Virtue's Last Reward, Dungeon Hunter, and Army Corps of Hell from the Campbell Frys.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Action!

Action!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Be sure to watch videos of it on YouTube to see if it's something you'd like. I saw the chat about it, then checked the vids. I wouldn't download it if it were free for PS+.

Yeah, I just managed to track some down; good call. Looks cool, but it's not for me. Will probably just settle for Rayman.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#45 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

If they'd make Vita games this price out the gate, they'd sell a hell of a lot more of them.

Um...

If they'd make * this [lower] price out the gate, they'd sell a hell of a lot more of them.

Pretty sure you can apply that concept to most everything.
FadeToOne.png

#46 Scottly

Scottly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Anyone checking out the Euro PS+ deals?

Apparently they're getting Mortal Kombat 9 free and Rayman origins on the cheap. I'd figure something similar might come to NA, seeing as how the vita has a limited library, and I'd prefer to stay digital, but damn, these deals are right in front of me.

#47 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

No PM available to me either I guess because No FRY's in Oklahoma... balls. I wanted Super Monkey for sure.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#48 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

no FRY here so i doubt a best buy would PM
WOOOO I STINK

#49 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hmm, OOS everywhere for Virtue's Last Reward. Might try to PM, but typically I get denied when its OOS.

Wonder if Lumines is worth the $15

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#50 Stink_Snake

Stink_Snake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

The closest Frys that has Virtues Last Reward is ~20 miles through traffic vs the one close to me that is less than 5.

There isn't a Best Buy in Houston that has it in stock and Wal-Mart and Toys R Us don't recognize the title and Target is online only. Am I missing a store that could PM?

#51 Scottly

Scottly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hmm, OOS everywhere for Virtue's Last Reward. Might try to PM, but typically I get denied when its OOS.

Wonder if Lumines is worth the $15

Lumines seems more suited for a digital download. If push comes to shove i might pay for the extra convenience of always having the game on my system. Seems perfect for those 15min sessions.

#52 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

SFxT is literally the worst cross over franchise that ever happened, don't forget you gotta for out $20 for the extra characters!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#53 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

If anyone is in the Burbank, CA area, Fry's can't find the one copy of SF X Tekken showing on the computer and they have no copies of Virtue's Last Reward. I can't tell if a hoarder blew through here recently or they just had no stock of these games to begin with, but save yourself a trip or maybe PM at Best Buy if possible.

#54 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I am jealous of you all that have a Fry's nearby!

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#55 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I stopped by my local BB to PM VLR but they don't carry it instore, then they checked all local stores and none of them carry it. I was considering going to WM or Target but it says Online Only item for me on their respective sites. This is in Chino Hills, CA.

For the time spent and gas, I might as well order online from Frys.

Edit: Oh look at that, in-store only. I may as well just accept that I'm only going to play P4G for the foreseeable future.

#56 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm interested in NGS+ so I let Amazon know about the low price:

http://amzn.com/B006NYWLLI

I used the offline option. If anyone if interested, let Amazon know about the price.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#57 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

I let Amazon know about Frys price on VLR and Persona 4 arena. Hope they match.

#58 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

If anyone is in the Burbank, CA area, Fry's can't find the one copy of SF X Tekken showing on the computer and they have no copies of Virtue's Last Reward. I can't tell if a hoarder blew through here recently or they just had no stock of these games to begin with, but save yourself a trip or maybe PM at Best Buy if possible.

I did see a couple copies of VLR there on Saturday (but for the full $40).

Not worth the gallon or so of gas I'd spend just to check for myself, though. Like I said, I didn't look closely but there were only like 1-2 copies to begin with.

#59 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

SFxT is literally the worst cross over franchise that ever happened, don't forget you gotta for out $20 for the extra characters!

Worst crossover is SvC Chaos or Fighting Jam if you count all Capcom as a crossover.

Vita version has all the characters unlocked and you'll unlock them on the PS3 version when you link them.

It's a shame that it turned out the way it did. It had a lot of potential, but it was ruined by greed and terrible design decisions. Hopefully the 2013 patch this month will make it better than it is.

For $20, it's great for playing on the go.

#60 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Looks like horde-o snatched up all the Street Fighter x Tekkens' in Houston. woomp woomp. Did get VLR.

The one by me was out of every Vita game in that list except for Lumines (which I have already). Worst thing is the site said they had them all in stock. El Hoardo may have struck me too.

Worst crossover is SvC Chaos or Fighting Jam if you count all Capcom as a crossover.

Absolutely not. Those games are actually playable. I don't know why so many people hate on SVC Chaos. I guess because people were expecting it to play like SF when it was MADE BY SNK.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins