Photo
- - - - -

Frys - Vita game sale- Virtue's Last Reward, SF x Tekken- $20 in store, others online

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Some CAG must have snagged the last VLR for instore between the time I left and the 10 minutes it took for me to get to the Roseville, CA store.

Guy working there said he had just snagged it off the shelf. Should have done the instore pickup myself but it's always a pain at Fry's and since the website said it was in stock, I assumed they had more than 1.

th_w03j81.gif  

#62 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Absolutely not. Those games are actually playable. I don't know why so many people hate on SVC Chaos. I guess because people were expecting it to play like SF when it was MADE BY SNK.

People hate on it because it was just a poor title. It wasn't unplayable, but it was just wholly unimpressive. CvS2 was excellent, and by comparison it was just a downgrade in every way. It was great that it had Demitri in it, though. That was pretty awesome.

#63 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Picked up a copy of VLR and Dungeon Hunter at the Duluth, GA store. Looked like most of the titles were still in stock, except for VLR.

#64 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Some CAG must have snagged the last VLR for instore between the time I left and the 10 minutes it took for me to get to the Roseville, CA store.

Guy working there said he had just snagged it off the shelf. Should have done the instore pickup myself but it's always a pain at Fry's and since the website said it was in stock, I assumed they had more than 1.

I ordered mine for in-store pick up around noon. Hopefully it wasn't mine that took away from yours. sorry!

#65 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

People hate on it because it was just a poor title. It wasn't unplayable, but it was just wholly unimpressive. CvS2 was excellent, and by comparison it was just a downgrade in every way. It was great that it had Demitri in it, though. That was pretty awesome.

I do have to agree that CVS2 was excellent, one of my favorite fighters. But it wasn't really made to be a comparison to CVS, but to be a compliment since SNK made it to play like their games. Completely different feel.

I really hope the Tekken vs Street Fighters follows that idea since SFxT was such garbage.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#66 io

io

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Damn, VLR is unavailable at the one and only OR Fry's...

#67 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

The site still says the store by me has them in stock... what the hell? I'd say call the store first, peeps.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#68 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

I really hope the Tekken vs Street Fighters follows that idea since SFxT was such garbage.

I just hope it's different. I don't want Tekken Tag 2 with SF characters in it. I used to love Tekken when I was younger, and I still enjoy it now to an extent, but it hasn't made any legitimate innovations since Tekken 6. Even then, the bound system isn't exactly revolutionary.

I'm more excited at the possibility of there being a SSFIV 2013.

The site still says the store by me has them in stock... what the hell? I'd say call the store first, peeps.

Online stock checker refreshes at different times. Usually once daily.

#69 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

I ordered mine for in-store pick up around noon. Hopefully it wasn't mine that took away from yours. sorry!

Well, if it was around noon you got it way before I went down there (2PM) But at that time it still showed as available on the website so who knows, they may just have an F'd up stock checker. I'll make sure to use instore pick up myself next time...lesson learned.

th_w03j81.gif  

#70 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Crap! Was checking out with Virtue's Last Reward and it went OOS at both my local stores during the process. HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS POST?!

#71 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Whoever missed on on VLR is lucky now since Amazon has the copy with the watch back in-stock: http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 those things sell for a good $60-80 on eBay.

#72 Triz

Triz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

local cag! I was there at 5 nothin worth grabbing at that point. I wanted sfxt and vlr

#73 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

For those of you who live near a Frys and can't find your the games you want in stock don't forget that you can always get a raincheck.

#74 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

No VLR or NGS+ at the Las Vegas Fry's, checked around 4:30PM. Asked a dude that worked there, didn't say there were any. Sadness!
Posted Image

#75 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

5 Fry's around me (within 50 miles), none of them carry Virtue's Last Reward.

#76 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

If anyone can pick up a copy of Zero Escape, ill pay + shipping and whatever else for your troubles. Would Love to get this for my girlfriend for Christmas.

#77 PDX

PDX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

Damn, VLR is unavailable at the one and only OR Fry's...

I was just at the Wilsonville OR. Fry's an hour ago, and there was 1 copy of Virtues Last Reward left.
I would have picked it up myself, but I already have my Plat!
Great game! Go get it!

#78 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Scored SF x Tekken at BB. New guy at register.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#79 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Frys Tempe had like 5 vita games. Period.

OK maybe not really but they pretty much were picked clean. Boo
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#80 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

There's maybe 3 of those games I want, and only 1 is available at this point at any Fry's near me. I'll look into this raincheck thing. Bummed I didn't check CAG all day.
Posted Image

#81 cargo555

cargo555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

here in SoCal and not a single VLR copy at any of the frys within 50 miles :(

can anyone confirm that you can get a raincheck for the $20 VLR? seems like a super rare print and i doubt frys will restock within 30 days (the raincheck typically is good for 30 days)

if anyone can answer, much obliged

#82 Darshminder

Darshminder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

here in SoCal and not a single VLR copy at any of the frys within 50 miles :(

can anyone confirm that you can get a raincheck for the $20 VLR? seems like a super rare print and i doubt frys will restock within 30 days (the raincheck typically is good for 30 days)

if anyone can answer, much obliged

I was told from an employee looking through the system that the item was being "discontinued" at Frys, and that a raincheck couldn't have been issued for any of the items I mentioned anyways, seeing as how the price appeared to be the "new price", and none were actually on "sale". Which leads me to my next question... Why would Frys be clearancing out the vita games so early in the game???

#83 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Picked up Lumines and Rayman. Thought about SFxT, but I still feel burned after buying the console SE at launch. Easily the biggest disappointment of the year for me. I'm doubting the Vita version even gets the 2013 patch for it at this point.

#84 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Gonna get Lumines and Rayman. It'll be about 30 miles round trip to go pick it up at Frys but worth it IMO.

#85 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hmm, that sucks. VLR was in stock at all of the stores near me yesterday but showing unavailable at all of them today. That can't be right unless there are some crafty employees taking advantage of these sales.

ach.png

#86 lastdinosaur17

lastdinosaur17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I really want lumines....but I'de rather have it as a download, always on my vita. Im sure it will come to PS+ eventually.

#87 TheProfessor 89

TheProfessor 89

Mighty No. 9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

oh man that blows, there was a copy left in the burbank area as I moved money into my bank account to buy it, its now all sold out.....lameeeee

#88 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

In case some of you didn't see the other thread, Fry's still have Persona 4 Arena for $19.99. I price matched at Best Buy this morning! :)

#89 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I was told from an employee looking through the system that the item was being "discontinued" at Frys, and that a raincheck couldn't have been issued for any of the items I mentioned anyways, seeing as how the price appeared to be the "new price", and none were actually on "sale". Which leads me to my next question... Why would Frys be clearancing out the vita games so early in the game???

That's the only stipulation when they don't give you a raincheck but that's weird, especially with two newly released titles allegedly being put on clearance so soon. I remember reading an article about Frys owing money to vendors and how the whole "DIY" thing is not as popular as it used to be and may be in financial woes but I didn't really buy into it, is this a sign?!?!?

#90 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

how long is this going on for? I want to PM at BBY but probably wont get to untill tomorow, will it still be going on then? didnt see a date for this
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\