Photo
- - - - -

Frys - Vita game sale- Virtue's Last Reward, SF x Tekken- $20 in store, others online

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

As I understand it dungeon hunter is a straight port of the mobile game so I can't see spending more than 5 or so dollars on it.

#92 Action!

Action!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

In case some of you didn't see the other thread, Fry's still have Persona 4 Arena for $19.99. I price matched at Best Buy this morning! :)

Holy shit thank you for posting this. Off topic or not, I'm going.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#93 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

FYI-

I seen Rayman with a sticker stating the new retail price of 19.xx
I'm sure this is the new retail price and not a sale

#94 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

As I understand it dungeon hunter is a straight port of the mobile game so I can't see spending more than 5 or so dollars on it.

Hmm is this true? I would hope they would at least put a story or update it somehow.

BTW still wondering if anyone knows how long this goes through. I wanted to PM at Best buy but wont be able to make it until tomorow most likely
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#95 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I was told from an employee looking through the system that the item was being "discontinued" at Frys, and that a raincheck couldn't have been issued for any of the items I mentioned anyways, seeing as how the price appeared to be the "new price", and none were actually on "sale". Which leads me to my next question... Why would Frys be clearancing out the vita games so early in the game???

Yeah, tried getting a rain check for Zero Escape, but was also told its discounted at Frys and they won't be ordering anymore.

#96 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yep, someone picked up the last VLR at my store before I could get there. OT did get a copy of Mugen Souls PS3 for $25 so it was still worth the trip. Vita games are pretty good, they're just priced too high out of the gate. Some of them I would say are worth the value more than others but they shouldn't be priced equivalent to console release prices. I'd say ~$30-35 should be the high point for new games then drop to about $20. If they want people to buy in, they're going to have to make it affordable.

ach.png

#97 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Urgh, I wish there was a Fry's closer to me. Really don't feel like driving all the way down to Renton and have to pick up a friend from the train station tonight. Given how quickly this is selling out, not sure if I am going to be able to find these deals later in the week.

Seattle-area CAGs, if you're going down there to pick up some games, can you please PM me if you don't mind picking up a game or two for me? Would gladly meet up later in the week.
Posted Image

#98 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

In case some of you didn't see the other thread, Fry's still have Persona 4 Arena for $19.99. I price matched at Best Buy this morning! :)

I have to ask... proof? Frys.com shows it at $40.

#99 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

http://www.frys.com/...ubmit.y=0&cat=0
I am planning to get it tomorrow.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#100 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Was the Roseville store out of stock of most of these Vita titles before the sale even started?

#101 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

P4 golden is 40, p4 arena is $20. I don't know if you're confusing them. If you mean my receipt, I can post it in a bit.

#102 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I got a price match at Best Buy for SFxTk. Had a $10 cert, so it was about $11 out of pocket. Great deal.

Luckily for me, the method of checking the price was the manager browsing on his iPhone and the screen being too small to notice the "for store pick-up only".

Score.

#103 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

I got a price match at Best Buy for SFxTk. Had a $10 cert, so it was about $11 out of pocket. Great deal.

Luckily for me, the method of checking the price was the manager browsing on his iPhone and the screen being too small to notice the "for store pick-up only".

Score.

Wait you can use RZ certificates and price match? I though that it was considered double dipping and was not allowed.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#104 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Wait you can use RZ certificates and price match? I though that it was considered double dipping and was not allowed.

Reward Zone certificates are treated like cash, and only have four official restrictions.

#105 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

^that. You can't use Gamer mag coupons in combination with any other promotion or price match scenario, though.

#106 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Ah thanks. Must have been thinking that.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#107 baekd

baekd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Picked up Rayman Origins today, would've been a great buy day one, but even better buy at this deal.

Now if I can just figure out if I want to go physical or digital for SFxT...

#108 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

P4 golden is 40, p4 arena is $20. I don't know if you're confusing them. If you mean my receipt, I can post it in a bit.

Ah my bad, I did confuse the two.

#109 sirdudeoi

sirdudeoi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Haha oh man of course I would pick up Rayman at bby before seeing this thread. How long is this sale running? I need to go back and price match.

#110 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I was being pessimist when I went to BB today to see if I could get a price match and I actually got it. It seems the employee had little time working because it took her a while to use the PC to get to the frys page. She didn't even called, she just looked at the price and I got the price match. The closest frys is 100 miles from where I live.

I got a few minutes late to my final at college but I didn't mind. I knew my teacher is lenient so I didn't stress out while waiting at BB. I did the final in time anyway.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#111 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Price matched a copy of P4 for PS3 and 360. For the Vita i got Ninja Gaiden, Rayman, Army Corps Hell, and price matched the copy of Dungeon Hunter i got last week.

wanted Shinobido 2, Virtue's Last Reward, and dynasty warriors, but they didn't have any. I set Shinobido to store pickup at Fry's but not sure how that will work, never done one with Fry's before. The only thing that sucks is that the P4 arena copies didn't have the disk. Maybe i'll check the local Targets to see if they have any left to swap out
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\