Gamefly sale - Lego Batman 2 ($9.99), Pokemon Conquest ($14.99), more

nightmare452

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Just saw this Gamefly sale posted on Facebook. Didn't see a thread of it so I am posting. Some great prices here.

3DS/DS:
* Pokemon Conquest - $14.99 Link
* Mario Tennis Open - $17.99 Link

360/PS3 (link is to the 360 copies, search in the PS3 section for those versions):
* Lego Batman 2 - $9.99 Link
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - $12.99 Link
* Modern Warfare 3 - $17.99 Link
* Dragon's Dogma - $19.99 Link

I hope the links work. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I bought Lego Batman 2 at $15 on black Friday fighting people at WalMart. Now with my $5 coupon and members discount, game comes out to $5 here for me. I haven't even opened it, but alas, live and learn.

Is Lego batman 2 better than the first one? I wasnt too big of a fan. I know the sequel is more open world, but is it enjoyable for adults too?

I love you Gamefly, because you have so many awesome deals. But I also hate you because you tempt me into spending way more money on games than I should.

Bah, I just got Lego Batman 2 off Amazon for 15 bucks.

Could have gotten Dragon's Dogma for 10 bucks from the Microsoft Store 10 dollar sale from Black Friday, but I didn't find out about it fast enough, got Gears 3 for 10 at least.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Is Lego batman 2 better than the first one? I wasnt too big of a fan. I know the sequel is more open world, but is it enjoyable for adults too?[/QUOTE]

It's supposedly one of the best games in the series.

Tough choice. I want Dragon's Dogma, but I'm also kinda holding hope that Best Buy will drop the price and we'll get a new copy for $20-30 after @Gamer coupon. I'm assuming you don't get the box with used GF games, right?

Definitely in for a copy of LEGO Batman 2, can't beat that price.

For those asking, this one is leaps and bounds better than #1

@proppa, yes the cases are included in brand new condition with any available dlc/online passes

[quote name='ProppaT']Tough choice. I want Dragon's Dogma, but I'm also kinda holding hope that Best Buy will drop the price and we'll get a new copy for $20-30 after @Gamer coupon. I'm assuming you don't get the box with used GF games, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you get everything with Gamefly buys, they get the games, put the box, manuals, and everything in safety, and rent out the discs. They even give you the online codes.

I've bought over 100 games from Gamefly over the years, and only 2 of them did not work, and I sent them back for a full refund. I'm a huge fan.

[quote name='ProppaT']Tough choice. I want Dragon's Dogma, but I'm also kinda holding hope that Best Buy will drop the price and we'll get a new copy for $20-30 after @Gamer coupon. I'm assuming you don't get the box with used GF games, right?[/QUOTE]No, you get everything you would get if you bought the game new, it's just not shrink-wrapped.

Also, OP WAT HAVE YOU DONE. I bought Pokemon Conquest a couple of weeks ago for $17.99 (figured it wouldn't drop further with it being a Nintendo game and all) and haven't touched it yet, and DD is calling to me...:cry:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Definitely in for a copy of LEGO Batman 2, can't beat that price.

For those asking, this one is leaps and bounds better than #1

@proppa, yes the cases are included in brand new condition with any available dlc/online passes[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, I never would have thought GameFly used games would have the cases. Definitely in for 1. Thanks for the info, Daz!

[quote name='ProppaT']Tough choice. I want Dragon's Dogma, but I'm also kinda holding hope that Best Buy will drop the price and we'll get a new copy for $20-30 after @Gamer coupon. I'm assuming you don't get the box with used GF games, right?[/QUOTE]

You get the box, manual & online passes/codes unused when buying from Gamefly. One of the best reasons to buy used from them.

Had to snag Lego Batman 2 at that price, thanks OP!

I can borrow Lego Batman 2 for free from my library, but I have to admit that the $9.99 price tag is still tempting...

You know what? I have a feeling DD will be $14.99 in a little while, so I'll hold off for now. (Now just watch it never drop ever again. :\)

ouch, that hurts. I just bit on Dragons Dogma last week for $30 since it looked like it would never go below that. Ha!

I got Dragon's Dogma for $10 from the Microsoft Sale and have been playing it....it's decent, but really nothing you guys couldn't wait for $10 on. The gameplay is fine, but so far it's extremely linear and the graphics are pretty crappy. I've been thinking of trading it in somewhere actually.

I dunno what I've played so far has been kinda decent, though I admit I haven't played much. I'm hoping that the content will make up for some of the presentation issues.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Anyone played Tiger Woods with either Kinect or Move? Wondering if it's worth it for either of those.[/QUOTE]
I've played it with my kinect once if that tells you anything. IDK how it is with the move.

Nothing for me, but if Spider-man: Edge of Time goes for $10 or a deal on KOF XIII then I'd probably pick it up. Otherwise last month has murdered my wallet and backlog enough.

If you're a Pokemon fan and have a DS, don't overlook Conquest! It's not the best tactical rpg out there, but it's one of the best spin-off's Pokemon has seen in a while. Hoping for a sequel!

I just ordered Silent Hill HD Collection from Gamefly and was disappointed to see that I was charged shipping. That's never happened to me before with Gamefly.

[quote name='BNoyes']I just ordered Silent Hill HD Collection from Gamefly and was disappointed to see that I was charged shipping. That's never happened to me before with Gamefly.[/QUOTE]
Because it's not on sale.

That and it's fucking awful.

[quote name='bardockkun']Because it's not on sale.

That and it's fucking awful.[/QUOTE]

I know I've bought games from them in the past that weren't on sale and didn't charge shipping. And either you didn't play the 360 version or you have an extremely overactive imagination, because while not perfect, that version was far from awful.

I originally wanted Pokemon Conquest, but heard it was too easy for SRPG veterans. Also want DD, but I can't justify it since I barely started KoA. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='BNoyes']I know I've bought games from them in the past that weren't on sale and didn't charge shipping. And either you didn't play the 360 version or you have an extremely overactive imagination, because while not perfect, that version was far from awful.[/QUOTE]
No, got them on PS2 and compared to the 360 HD version is pretty fucking awful still. The fact they used a non complete build of the game to HD'ify and them literally ruining key cut scenes with borders or stupid fade ins and fade out does make it awful. So yeah, fucking awful stands. Also they still have random occasional unadvertised (or tweeted) games sale here and there with free shipping, but it's always random as to when they're going to go back to normal price.

bread's done
Back