Xbox Live 12m Cards: $48.99 at Costco!

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']... and then keep my eyes peeled for a better deal.[/QUOTE]

crazygametime.com is selling them for $43.99, but you might get a better deal if you wait a bit. I bought my most recent 12-month code from them, and it was about $38. The pricing is USD, but the currencies are pretty much par now (PayPal will probably tack on a slight fee for the conversion).

http://www.crazygametime.com/

[quote name='Nukkus']And then you can get banned by MS for using stolen codes![/QUOTE]

I bought two 4000 MSP from them and I haven't been banned. *shrug*

Also, did you pay tax at Costco? Last time Best Buy had the 12-month cards for $30 and there was no tax.

[quote name='Nukkus']And then you can get banned by MS for using stolen codes![/QUOTE]

Why would you make an accusation like that? Do you have any proof that any codes they sell are stolen? I have never had any problems with either the Xbox Live or MS Point codes.

Well gee let's see, it's an unauthorized site that is selling a CODE, NOT an actual card from Microsoft. Do the math. I'm not about to risk losing all my hard earned gamerscore and dozens of XBLA games to save a few bucks on some unknown website. And yes, there is tax. If you got a card tax free then there was some sort of fluke there.

[quote name='Nukkus']Well gee let's see, it's an unauthorized site that is selling a CODE, NOT an actual card from Microsoft. Do the math. I'm not about to risk losing all my hard earned gamerscore and dozens of XBLA games to save a few bucks on some unknown website. And yes, there is tax. If you got a card tax free then there was some sort of fluke there.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so it is just an opinion ... thanks, that's all I wanted to know. If you get proof, please post a link.

Regarding the no tax comment, most gold or point cards that are activated at the register are now treated as gift cards. As such, there is no tax on them. If the retailer is charging it, go somewhere else ... as far as I know, Futureshop and Walmart both sell those items with no tax.

What a totally ignorant comment; Microsoft point cards only get activated if they are purchased from a legitimate retailer, you can't just grab a points card and walk out of a store. Also this site has been around for quite some time and they are still operating without Microsoft shutting them down. Present facts before you present your opinions.

[quote name='Mr.']I bought two 4000 MSP from them and I haven't been banned. *shrug*
[/QUOTE]

Same here. Bought 2 4000 point cards from them back in August. No problems with them whatsoever.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Regarding the no tax comment, most gold or point cards that are activated at the register are now treated as gift cards. As such, there is no tax on them. If the retailer is charging it, go somewhere else ... as far as I know, Futureshop and Walmart both sell those items with no tax.[/QUOTE]

Another thing is that Costco charges tax on these things because they don't activate them at the register, you bring your receipt to the pickup afterwards. Even PSN cards, which nobody else taxes, will be taxed at Costco.

[quote name='Mr.']Another thing is that Costco charges tax on these things because they don't activate them at the register, you bring your receipt to the pickup afterwards. Even PSN cards, which nobody else taxes, will be taxed at Costco.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I bought a $20 PSN card while i was there. No tax.

There are two kinds of cards.
Onces that say on the back "not valid unless activated at the casher", and preactivated ones which you get taxed. Usually it's the preactivated cards that go on sale, as they are considered inventory.

[quote name='Nukkus']That's funny, I bought a $20 PSN card while i was there. No tax.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen $20 cards at Costco, but when I tried to buy a $50 PSN card a while back, they charged tax on the thing so I had to void the item.

bread's done
Back