Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Used Games Sale -

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#61 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

i buy used games too, i just don't try to convince myself or anybody else that buying used can help the developer when it doesn't

You people are so lost. I suggest researching before you post such things.... It is so sad most people are doh and lazy these days.

I know all things A console is something that cooks my dinner! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#62 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Buying Inversion new over used isn't going to help a developer. It's like giving a kid who fails a test an "A" because you felt sorry for them. Sure the grade looks better, but it isn't going to encourage them to try any harder the next time. Why the hell are we having this argument anyway? It's not piracy, it perfectly legal in every sense of the word. I am a cheap ass and I'm not going to apologize or feel bad about it. If the price is the same, I'd buy new every time, but as it is, there is usually a huge discrepancy between the new price and the Gamefly used sale price. Thats why this thread exists. There's plenty of other threads for those looking to save the world from used games so find one instead of hanging out here so you can judge people who have a different point of view.
Now with that said, anyone know what time today's new sale goes live, assuming there is one?
Posted Image

#63 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Buying Inversion new over used isn't going to help a developer. It's like giving a kid who fails a test an "A" because you felt sorry for them. Sure the grade looks better, but it isn't going to encourage them to try any harder the next time. Why the hell are we having this argument anyway? It's not piracy, it perfectly legal in every sense of the word. I am a cheap ass and I'm not going to apologize or feel bad about it. If the price is the same, I'd buy new every time, but as it is, there is usually a huge discrepancy between the new price and the Gamefly used sale price. Thats why this thread exists. There's plenty of other threads for those looking to save the world from used games so find one instead of hanging out here so you can judge people who have a different point of view.
Now with that said, anyone know what time today's new sale goes live, assuming there is one?

:applause: Should be in about 15 min or so.

#64 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok so
Madagascar 3 for XBOX $9.99
Men in Black:Alien Crisis for ps3/xbox $14.99
Birds of Steel for xbox $8.99
Gravity Rush for Vita $17.99

that sucks.
Posted Image

#65 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok so
Madagascar 3 for XBOX $9.99
Men in Black:Alien Crisis for ps3/xbox $14.99

that sucks.

Yeah that's all I've seen so far. Hopefully they're still rolling them in.
Edit: Birds of Steel 360 $8.99

#66 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

By the way, Men in Black is NOT worth $15...it's really bad. really really bad. I played it for the platinum recently and, though it only took about 8 hours to do, I almost quit because it was so awful and un-fun.
Posted Image

#67 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Birds of Steel for XBox 8.99...never heard of it.
Posted Image

#68 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Gravity rush $18

#69 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hmmm Gravity Rush for $12 after using my $5 coupon. I think I might bite.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#70 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Good deal for Gravity Rush. If I didn't own it already, I'd get it for that.

#71 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the tip. Had no clue a men in black game could be poorly done.

If you already knew then you didn't have to bother reading his advice.

#72 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Is ps3 Olympics worth $18?

#73 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Side note on Gravity Rush: It's $18, the same as a 3 month subscription to Playstation Plus, which includes Gravity Rush and 5 other Vita games.
Posted Image

#74 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Looks like they raised the price on sniper to $17.99

#75 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Looks like they raised the price on sniper to $17.99

You missed out on that by 15 minutes.

#76 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I have no interest in Plus. Gravity Rush worth it at $18 or does anyone have bets on $10-$15 within the next few months?

#77 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have no interest in Plus. Gravity Rush worth it at $18 or does anyone have bets on $10-$15 within the next few months?

considering it's free on Playstation Plus, it'll drop. Just get Plus for $18 and you'll have endless amounts of other games free for the same price.
Posted Image

#78 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

You people are so lost. I suggest researching before you post such things.... It is so sad most people are doh and lazy these days.

I know all things A console is something that cooks my dinner! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

since you're "not lazy" i suggest you post your "extensive research" here, i loved to see a link where a developer says he's "happy" to know people are buying his game used

#79 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Aight, thanks alwayscheaper/oldboy. I'm gonna hold out for a cheaper price on the physical then.

#80 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

I really wish the "free shipping" link on gamefly's site worked.

#81 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

since you're "not lazy" i suggest you post your "extensive research" here, i loved to see a link where a developer says he's "happy" to know people are buying his game used

Actually, I have seen developers say this. Their reasoning was that it generates more interest in their products for some people who would not have considered it otherwise and helps sell DLC or future games in the series, etc. I believe it was Randy Pitchford of Gearbox, but I have heard others too. Whether or not it is genuine is anyone's guess.

#82 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

http://www.gamefly.c...5003576,5003611
Link to these terrible deals.

#83 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Gravity Rush is a great game for $18 (even better, $13 if you have the coupon). The combat is frustrating, but the gravity mechanics are ambitious and worth checking out.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#84 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Gravity Rush is an awesome game, highly recommended. But I actually highly recommend you sign up for PS+ rather than buy the game from gamefly.

Also, the PS3 version of London Olympics is currently going for $43 used on Amazon. No idea why this game is retaining so much value.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#85 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Gravity Rush is an awesome game, highly recommended. But I actually highly recommend you sign up for PS+ rather than buy the game from gamefly.

Also, the PS3 version of London Olympics is currently going for $43 used on Amazon. No idea why this game is retaining so much value.

Is it good for flippers for London Olympics?

#86 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

The deals tonight are so undesirable that no one has bothered to update the OP. Gravity Rush is a decent deal, but I get the impression so many people have Plus now that very few are interested.

#87 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

The deals tonight are so undesirable that no one has bothered to update the OP. Gravity Rush is a decent deal, but I get the impression so many people have Plus now that very few are interested.

Haha, I forgot the OP was a wiki. That being said, I'm still not gonna bother updating it...

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#88 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Haha, I forgot the OP was a wiki. That being said, I'm still not gonna bother updating it...

I'd say Birds of Steel for $8 is a good deal if you're itching for a flight sim on console. Also Gravity Rush for $18 for a physical copy is good if you don't wait to have to upgrade proprietary memory cards for your vita.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#89 Tonious

Tonious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Digging this up for the update soon. XD

Hoping for today:
Prototype 2 PS3
Dragons Dogman PS3
Spec Ops 360
Bleach PS3

#90 ckc4043