3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#301 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

God dammit, I want the red one but the MK7 bundle is so sweet. But I already have MK7. ahhhh, what to do?

I said F it. Already had Mario Kart 7 (which I don't even play anymore really) and got the Red one.

#302 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I said F it. Already had Mario Kart 7 (which I don't even play anymore really) and got the Red one.

Fuck it, you're right. I have the red Mario DS XL and red is my fave color (pissed when they released red months after I got the original 3DS + ambassador stuff). I'll grab that one since I bet MK7 is a download game anyways (can't flip it anyways)...

#303 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

GameSmacker, fatlar84. Was there anything special you had to do to get the Best Buy PM AND $20 GC from Target? I don't think I've even PM'd anything at Target before, is it done at the customer service desk?

#304 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is mk hard installed or downloadable by a code? I ask since I want to transfer my ambassador stuff without losing the game.

#305 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hmmm I do have $50 reward zone credit. Decisions decisions...

#306 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Is mk hard installed or downloadable by a code? I ask since I want to transfer my ambassador stuff without losing the game.

It is already installed onto the 4GB SD card that comes with the system.

#307 QuickKill

QuickKill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

GameSmacker, fatlar84. Was there anything special you had to do to get the Best Buy PM AND $20 GC from Target? I don't think I've even PM'd anything at Target before, is it done at the customer service desk?

I just asked the people in the electronics section to price match bestbuy.com and they brought me to the guest services desk after grabbing the 3DS XL bundle. They then PM'd it with the $20 GC after double-checking..

#308 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

PM'd at target for the pink xl. They wouldn't give me the $20 gift card but I did use a $8 off coupon I had from a previous purchase. My daughter will be super happy:)

#309 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

It is already installed onto the 4GB SD card that comes with the system.

could we play that MK7 in the 4GB SD on any system or is it registered/stuck to the specific 3DS XL?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#310 shibaraski

shibaraski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

red 3ds mario bundle or blue 3dsxl mario kart bundle...hmmmm

#311 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

red 3ds mario bundle or blue 3dsxl mario kart bundle...hmmmm

Mario Kart 7 is the same old rehash. Sure it works, but its repetitive and bores quickly.

With the Mario 3DS you get a better game, plus you can switch out the battery for the Nyko Powerpak and have it last longer than 2-3 hours per charge.

apathy.gif

#312 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Mario Kart 7 is the same old rehash. Sure it works, but its repetitive and bores quickly.

With the Mario 3DS you get a better game, plus you can switch out the battery for the Nyko Powerpak and have it last longer than 2-3 hours per charge.

I still think xl is the better deal, if hes not getting a xl im sure he can get a cheaper 3ds elsewhere. Xl is really the reason why you should now get a 3ds imo.

#313 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

For Sony fans: The KZ Trilogy with controller is $40 again. Didnt know where to post this so I put it here.

#314 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I already own a 3DS with the Nyko battery pack... but I do want an XL for some strange reason.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#315 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

For Sony fans: The KZ Trilogy with controller is $40 again. Didnt know where to post this so I put it here.

lol for sony fans? And thanks dude , but your a little late people already know about this and are flipping the game and keepin the controller for 15$

#316 whiteninja2000

whiteninja2000

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Didnt have any probs picking this one up and after years of owning a dslite this thing is amazing. The blue color is actually more a metallic dark blue so I like it.

#317 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nice!!! Time to try to sell my 3DS this week. I've been looking to upgrade to the XL.

i dont recommend it if you already have the 3DS

#318 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

i dont recommend it if you already have the 3DS

Why not? Outside of losing some money of course...

Since I made the switch I am playing my XL a lot more than the regular model. For me it was the increaed screen size.

Edited by Euripides, 09 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#319 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

3DS has better speakers and screen quality
3DS XL has all the 3DS has but bigger screen and the flaws off crappier audio and screen quality.

#320 PerryD

PerryD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

blue mk7 bundles 160 on bestbuy.com

I tried to resist the deals on the XL since I hardly play my regular 3DS, but $159.99 for the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle? I pulled the trigger.

#321 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

3DS XL has all the 3DS has but bigger screen and the flaws off crappier audio and screen quality.

What about the digging into your palms feature?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#322 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Not suprise to hear this from someone who refuses to Pay for a better upgrade.

#323 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Didnt have any probs picking this one up and after years of owning a dslite this thing is amazing. The blue color is actually more a metallic dark blue so I like it.

Yeah, I was surprised when I actually saw one in person at target. The pictures make it look so dull, more like the dsi xl blue, but in person it has a strangely alluring metallic quality.

#324 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

I tried to resist the deals on the XL since I hardly play my regular 3DS, but $159.99 for the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle? I pulled the trigger.

Same. I was going to wait till Wednesday for Double Reward Points day but it's not available for shipping and two locals stores have already had their stock cleared out.

I've been building up a decent DS/3DS Library for when I eventually would get one. This will be my first Nintendo console since the N.E.S. (no kidding). I'm a PS+ member and do eventually want to get a Vita, but I'm holding off for a redesign/price drop.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#325 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

3ds XL Mario bundle sold out online at BB and store pick ups are starting to become unavailable.

I take it sales are good today BB for it :-)

#326 chinaurge

chinaurge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

The first Target I went to said they couldn't price match because of the $20 gift card. The second Target priced matched with no problems, so YMMV. Yesterday the regular 3DS with no game was on sale for $129 ($123 with red card). Today, I get the 3DS XL and MK7 for $133 (target red card). I'm glad I waited.

#327 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I use headphones so there should not be difference there.

Do a lot of you just play with the regular speakers or use headphones?

For the screen yes it is the same pixels but to me it still looks very good. Of course this is completely in the eye of the beholder....goes either way for people.

#328 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm hoping Nyko or someone makes a battery pack extension for this. That would definitely make me jump the bandwagon from the 3DS to XL.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#329 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm hoping Nyko or someone makes a battery pack extension for this. That would definitely make me jump the bandwagon from the 3DS to XL.

I thought battery life on the XL was vastly improved compared to the regular 3DS?

Have not even got a warning yet that the battery was low.

#330 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

Tempted. But I dunno. I have a 3ds I'm fairly happy with.