3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#331 AsobiSeksu

AsobiSeksu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

I just asked the people in the electronics section to price match bestbuy.com and they brought me to the guest services desk after grabbing the 3DS XL bundle. They then PM'd it with the $20 GC after double-checking..

I too can verify that Target WILL indeed still hand you the $20 gift card even after the Best Buy price match.

You can't beat $159.99 - $8.00 (Red Card Discount) - $20 gift card = $132.00!!!

I strongly urge all you cheap asses to follow suit if you want the best bargain that we'll see for a 3DS XL during the forseeable future (in other words, during the next ~6-9 months) :bouncy:

Could you go into more detail on how you managed to PM the XL bundle with MK7? I was just at my local Target, and they said they would not PM it. I told them it was 159.99 on the bestbuy.com website but they said they needed an ad for the SKU. I brought the ad from bestbuy, but it doesn't show the SKU for the bundle with MK7.

Ultimately they said they wouldn't do it because it says "Limited quantities" which according to Guest Service, means they were cut a deal by the manufacturer. Thus, they could not honor the price.

I think I'll try the other Target.

Edited by AsobiSeksu, 09 December 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#332 EasyEducator

EasyEducator

The Easy Educator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Picked up a Mario bundle today. Mostly wanted a bigger screen to play my DS games on and I had a couple of gift cards to burn. I'm actually pretty happy with the way everything plays and looks so far. One quick question for anyone who has an XL- is the screen supposed to have a little bit of wiggle to it when opened? My DSLite has the same wiggle, but I got it used so I was just curious if this was the norm.
Posted Image

#333 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I brought a printout of the Best Buy webpage showing the blue XL Mario Kart version to Target and they price matched it at 159.99 AND gave me a $20 giftcard, no questions asked! I also paid with my Redcard and saved an additional 5%. Thanks! Great deal
You gotta use a printout of the webpage and not the sale paper.

#334 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Picked up a Mario bundle today. Mostly wanted a bigger screen to play my DS games on and I had a couple of gift cards to burn. I'm actually pretty happy with the way everything plays and looks so far. One quick question for anyone who has an XL- is the screen supposed to have a little bit of wiggle to it when opened? My DSLite has the same wiggle, but I got it used so I was just curious if this was the norm.

Yes there is a little bit of wiggle to it.

#335 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Local Target "sold out" of the MK7 bundle, stock locator on their site still shows they have it as in stock, not even limited stock. Are employees just hiding it to buy at the end of their shift or what :(

#336 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Not suprise to hear this from someone who refuses to Pay for a better upgrade.

i have a 3DSXL JPN, just bought the MK7 bundle...what are you talking about

I use headphones so there should not be difference there.

Do a lot of you just play with the regular speakers or use headphones?

when I am at home, I try to use the build-in speakers because it's more comfortable that way, physically.

#337 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

I brought a printout of the Best Buy webpage showing the blue XL Mario Kart version to Target and they price matched it at 159.99 AND gave me a $20 giftcard, no questions asked! I also paid with my Redcard and saved an additional 5%. Thanks! Great deal

why would you have to use a printout of the webpage? the sale paper worked fine for me at target and got a gift card too

#338 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

i have a 3DSXL JPN, just bought the MK7 bundle...what are you talking about

Gotcha, but im still getting a xl.

#339 Chokeweed

Chokeweed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just picked up bundle for $159.99 with Target price matching and the $20 gift card. I told them about Best Buy price and they called for "the store" iPad so they can look up price themselves, I didn't need any proof on me
"Target acquired!"

#340 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Local Target "sold out" of the MK7 bundle, stock locator on their site still shows they have it as in stock, not even limited stock. Are employees just hiding it to buy at the end of their shift or what :(

That isn't updated in real time.

#341 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Went ahead and picked up at Best Buy, taking advantage of a few promos on the ol' BB Credit Card. Trading in my Black 3DS to Amazon for almost 100 bucks in credit, getting $35 back in reward certs + reward points, puts me at ~35 bucks for the XL upgrade, and I got the MK7 bundle.

I'd say this was a winner.

#342 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Just got an item not found at the closet Best Buy to me after I submitted an order for in store pickup about two hours ago. I used a $50 Reward Zone certificate too which I was just informed will take several days to be reissued. I had to submit a new order for the full price at another store.

I hope they can find a bundle before they close in less than 90 minutes. If not, this is a sign that I don't need one right now and can wait for a better bargain down the line. Plus, I'll just do a return/rebuy on Wednesday to get double the RZ points if they do secure me a unit without having to worry about screwing up my previously used RZ certificate.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#343 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Target in Mission Valley, San Diego wouldn't do it. Electronics chick was going to do it but then some dude said I had to go to Cs. Another chick was going to do it and the dude said they had to check the iPad... It took 10 minutes to find the damn iPad and by the time they did the girl that was ringing me up remembered they aren't supposed to do it. These damn people have computers but they have to run around the store looking for One iPad? Buy more or get a different system. Gonna go pick up the one that's waiting for me at Best Buy now.
Posted Image

#344 Hibiki Rush

Hibiki Rush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Worked for me at Target with the $20 gift card. There was some mass confusion amongst the CS clerks at first, but eventually after asking someone they said if the system just automatically adds it in the transaction to give the gift card out.

Now trying to debate if I should sell my Aqua 3DS. I like the smaller form factor for carrying around/getting StreetPasses but with the screens on the XL I don't see myself actually wanting to play the original one any longer...

#345 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Did the same thing - picked up the ad at the Best Buy right next to Target, price matched for $166 after tax and also received the $20 GC to Target for a net value of $146. Selling my old 3DS tonight to a friend for ~$100. Might sell my cartridge of Mario Kart 7, although I really don't want to lose my save data. Too bad the save transfer utility won't be available until the spring.

Helluva deal to upgrade to a brand new XL with a preloaded game.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#346 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

For those looking to transfer from your original 3ds, I was able to redownload Mario kart from the eshop.

#347 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

off topic but if I get [unlocked], it is one year calender year or one year from when you sign up. also, the $20.00 from preorders = do they give you 1000 myrewardzone points or do they send you giftcards each time ? do these 20 dollars expire like Amazon? can i use this 20 dollars combined (lets say i have 20x4, do i get 80 off on a purchase)? and how long do these preorder list get updated?

#348 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

HEADS UP for any target shoppers. I was able to PM the $159.99 Best Buy ad AND they gave me the $20 gift card from their own promotion. YMMV.

I didn't get the GC with the price match... I'll have to bring my receipt tomorrow.

#349 AsobiSeksu

AsobiSeksu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thanks, went to another Target and it worked. Got the $20 gift card no problem as well.

Total:
159.99 + tax - 25 Gift Card I had = 145.84

#350 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Same. I was going to wait till Wednesday for Double Reward Points day but it's not available for shipping and two locals stores have already had their stock cleared out.

Do you have to be Silver to get the double Reward Points? Most stores around me are out of the bundle but if there are restocks by Wednesday, I might pull the trigger.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#351 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Got Target to price match, but it took an hour, and involved 3 managers and 3 employees. Almost not worth it.

#352 agentos

agentos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Returned my $180 3DS XL (I opened the box but didn't use it) and got the Mario 7 Bundle for $160. I would say that is a good deal.

#353 btwhitehouse

btwhitehouse

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Dying to upgrade but really holding out for an all white XL. The ones out now look so goofy.

#354 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Worked for me at Target with the $20 gift card./QUOTE]

Same. In and out of Target in like 10 min. Best system deal I have ever scored. Add in the 5% discount for using the red card and it gets better.
Posted Image

#355 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

off topic but if I get [unlocked], it is one year calender year or one year from when you sign up. also, the $20.00 from preorders = do they give you 1000 myrewardzone points or do they send you giftcards each time ? do these 20 dollars expire like Amazon? can i use this 20 dollars combined (lets say i have 20x4, do i get 80 off on a purchase)? and how long do these preorder list get updated?

I believe it is one year from when you sign up. The 20.00 is given to you as a reward zone certificate which you can print out on your reward zone page (It takes a while though to get the certificate, I preordered and bought Halo 4 on release day and received my certificate about a week ago )They expire after a couple months as well. I'm not sure if you can combine reward zone certificates.

#356 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

My target did a price match and gave me a the $20 gift card. Then went to best buy to get them to price match Persona 4 Arena with sound for 19.99 not a bad haul today :D
Posted Image

#357 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

I got the price match with the $20 GC (and an extra $7 off with the Target card) with just the print ad at the Culver City, CA Target. The cashier even walked me up to the front to check with the manager and he said that I indeed should get the gift card because it is a different transaction or something like that. It was a quick transaction regardless.

The cashier scanned the 3DS and GC before applying the price match if it makes a difference.

#358 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

I believe it is one year from when you sign up. The 20.00 is given to you as a reward zone certificate which you can print out on your reward zone page (It takes a while though to get the certificate, I preordered and bought Halo 4 on release day and received my certificate about a week ago )They expire after a couple months as well. I'm not sure if you can combine reward zone certificates.

thanks

#359 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Your welcome djricekcn

#360 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this deal. I have a 70$ AMEX gc, $45 in BB credit, and I would trade in Mario Kart 7...I like my 3DS, but my hands cramp alot after playing Mario Kart for about a couple races.