3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#421 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Lame... All sold out around me now sigh.

#422 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ok guys I went to Best Buy and picked up an blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 yesterday for 159.99 + tax. Today I told them that Target was price matching their deal and including a $20.00 gift card also (thanks to CGA), by the way I hadn't opened the system yet. So I went with my receipt and the unopened system to customer service and they reimbursement me the difference including taxes on a Best Buy gift card. They had to get manager's approval and call target to make sure they had the item in sock, but it worked out.

#423 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Is the matte material finger print proof? My old black DS Lite matte finish eventually worn down and is all shiny from finger print oil.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#424 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Ok guys I went to Best Buy and picked up an blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 yesterday for 159.99 + tax. Today I told them that Target was price matching their deal and including a $20.00 gift card also (thanks to CGA), by the way I hadn't opened the system yet. So I went with my receipt and the unopened system to customer service and they reimbursement me the difference including taxes on a Best Buy gift card. They had to get manager's approval and call target to make sure they had the item in sock, but it worked out.

woah.. i'm amazed you got this to work. maybe I should head down to BestBuy or give them a call.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#425 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is the matte material finger print proof? My old black DS Lite matte finish eventually worn down and is all shiny from finger print oil.

It's a lot more finger print proof than the original 3DS that's for sure. It kinda reminds me of a brushed metal finish in a way. It looks nice in person. I was pleasantly surprised when I received mine after only seeing pics online.

#426 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Heading out to pick my MK7 bundle up right now. Going to bring in a Target ad and ask for that as well. Wish me luck!

#427 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Its true that when it says unavailable online meaning they have low stock? I remember i picked up a game when it said unavailable.

#428 chinaurge

chinaurge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

So Best Buy is matching Target matching Best Buy?

#429 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Its true that when it says unavailable online meaning they have low stock? I remember i picked up a game when it said unavailable.

unavailable for shipping :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#430 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

unavailable for shipping :/

In store pickup option i mean.

#431 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

So Best Buy is matching Target matching Best Buy?

I know it's crazy but it work for me. I guess all these retailers are fighting for every penny.

#432 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Heading out to pick my MK7 bundle up right now. Going to bring in a Target ad and ask for that as well. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

#433 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

woah.. i'm amazed you got this to work. maybe I should head down to BestBuy or give them a call.

I would give them a call first, that is what I did to make sure I didn't waste my time. If they say they will do it, make sure to get their name and see that person when you go to customer service. Also, make sure they get the manager's approval and name, this is what I did. Furthermore, make sure the Target in your area has stock because they did call to confirm availability.

#434 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I would give them a call first, that is what I did to make sure I didn't waste my time. If they say they will do it, make sure to get their name and see that person when you go to customer service. Also, make sure they get the manager's approval and name, this is what I did. Furthermore, make sure the Target in your area has stock because they did call to confirm availability.

i see. hmm i bought my 3DS online though. are they able to adjust online orders?
the $20 GC would be super helpful i guess

#435 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

i see. hmm i bought my 3DS online though. are they able to adjust online orders?
the $20 GC would be super helpful i guess

I'm not sure. Also, my system was not opened so I could have returned it and gone to Target if they didn't give me the deal.

#436 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Glad I passed up the TRU deal. Got a Red/Black one tonight. Reducing it further with a $20 Reward zone coupon collection. Thanks OP!

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#437 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

So, I went last night and pulled up the sale on my phone, glad I did too. My local Target said their iPad was down or wasn't working or something. Anyway, they scanned the 3DS XL, then the $20 gift card. Then the CS girl went to another office off to the side, presumably to ask a manager or something, then came back, knocked off $40, and boom, sold. $164.xx with tax + I got the $20 GC. Wife seems quite happy :)

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#438 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Just got back from picking up my bundle and yes the price match works. Best Buy will PM Target's PM lol. Go to pick up desk, ask to pick up your 3DSXL, when the worker comes back with the 3DSXL, show them the Target ad and >kindly< ask them if BB allows the PM. Tell the employee that you went to Target and asked them to PM BB's 3DSXL bundle and that they allowed it (you're not lying because they do it) but you want to get the bundle from BB because you want to use your RZ card (this was actually my intention anyways). They'll call a manager over and the manager will throw in a $20 gift card.

From my past experience of doing something like this however, DO NOT tell BB that Target is out of stock (even if it's true), otherwise the manager will say that they can't PM an OOS item. I'm pretty sure this would have happened if I said that the 3DSXL bundle was OOS at Target.

Anywho, used the $20 gift card to pick up two PS3 Killzone Trilogy controller bundles for $40 a piece, opened one in my car, and went straight to Gamestop to trade one pair in for a total of $50.30 ($26.10 for Killzone Trilogy and $24.20 for the controller after PUR bonus). Don't really have a use for more controllers so I may go back and trade in the second controller and keep just the game.

#439 DREAMMOS

DREAMMOS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just got back from picking up my bundle and yes the price match works. Best Buy will PM Target's PM lol. Go to pick up desk, ask to pick up your 3DSXL, when the worker comes back with the 3DSXL, show them the Target ad and >kindly< ask them if BB allows the PM. Tell the employee that you went to Target and asked them to PM BB's 3DSXL bundle and that they allowed it (you're not lying because they do it) but you want to get the bundle from BB because you want to use your RZ card (this was actually my intention anyways). They'll call a manager over and the manager will throw in a $20 gift card.

From my past experience of doing something like this however, DO NOT tell BB that Target is out of stock (even if it's true), otherwise the manager will say that they can't PM an OOS item. I'm pretty sure this would have happened if I said that the 3DSXL bundle was OOS at Target.

Anywho, used the $20 gift card to pick up two PS3 Killzone Trilogy controller bundles for $40 a piece, opened one in my car, and went straight to Gamestop to trade one pair in for a total of $50.30 ($26.10 for Killzone Trilogy and $24.20 for the controller after PUR bonus). Don't really have a use for more controllers so I may go back and trade in the second controller and keep just the game.

Nice!!

#440 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Well, snap. If I can get an XL for (effectively) $139.99, I might just forget about waiting for better colors. I'll give this a shot on Wednesday (the next day I can get to a BBY), and if it works, cool, if not, I'll keep waiting. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#441 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'm not sure. Also, my system was not opened so I could have returned it and gone to Target if they didn't give me the deal.

gave them a call. but they said they don't price match promotions (Target).
I have no luck with this :/

#442 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

I imagine that's pretty ymmv. Went to Target to pm BB and they wouldn't give me their $20 gift card. It actually popped up and they would override to CANCEL it.
Guess I'll try to get BB to pm the Target gift card but I feel that it's only a 2% chance of working.

#443 8bitgamer

8bitgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

So got the deal at best buy, came out to $174.
Just sold my Regular 3ds+ mario kart cartridge for $157 on ebay. comes out to $143 with fees.

All in all I am pretty happy, cost me $30 to upgrade to a bigger screen.
Too bad the color is hideous.

#444 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

is there anyway Amazon would match the BB price?
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#445 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

So got the deal at best buy, came out to $174.
Just sold my Regular 3ds+ mario kart cartridge for $157 on ebay. comes out to $143 with fees.

All in all I am pretty happy, cost me $30 to upgrade to a bigger screen.
Too bad the color is hideous.

Hi 8bitgamer,
Im debating between the 3ds or 3ds xl. I have a ds lite and like it (play gba too) I heard fire emblem is coming on 3ds, so Im tempted to pick it up and since i just got a email today for beating halo 4 (amex $50 off $100)
I kinda want a pro vs con. Wonder if i need a bigger screen. Oh, how is the 3D view?headaches,etc.) I was going to wait for a 3ds with 2nd analog stick, but not sure if its going to happen. What gamesis required for the circle pad?

#446 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

is there anyway Amazon would match the BB price?

Amazon does not carry Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL. those you see are 3rd party sellers

#447 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

ahh okay well worth a try wanted to get kindle credit for the 200$ I got in GS credit.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#448 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Amazon does not carry Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL. those you see are 3rd party sellers

Knowing that i might back off on the kindle card , if there wont be 3ds system deals on amazon/:

#449 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

gave them a call. but they said they don't price match promotions (Target).
I have no luck with this :/

That is a massive crock and you are getting screwed or at least being given bad info. I'd bet the person you talked to had no idea what they were talking about. I just got back from Target and they price matched down to $159.99 and we walked out with the $20 GC. No fuss at all. Took no more than 5 minutes, if that. We had the local BB ad (stores are very close to each other) and they didn't even check BB stock even though I knew BB was fully stocked.

I understand that this can be a YMMV type of situation but Target's policy is that of doing a PM whenever possible. If I may suggest heading down to the store and being super nice to the folks in the electronics department you are very likely to be plesantly surprised and walk out with a shiny new 3DS XL and possibly a $20 gift card as well. :)

#450 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

That is a massive crock and you are getting screwed or at least being given bad info. I'd bet the person you talked to had no idea what they were talking about. I just got back from Target and they price matched down to $159.99 and we walked out with the $20 GC. No fuss at all. Took no more than 5 minutes, if that. We had the local BB ad (stores are very close to each other) and they didn't even check BB stock even though I knew BB was fully stocked.

I understand that this can be a YMMV type of situation but Target's policy is that of doing a PM whenever possible. If I may suggest heading down to the store and being super nice to the folks in the electronics department you are very likely to be plesantly surprised and walk out with a shiny new 3DS XL and possibly a $20 gift card as well. :)

Ditto, did the exact same thing. It took longer for the lady from electronics to walk me up to customer service with the XL than it did for them to ring up the $159.99 price and give me the $20 GC, no fuss. The only thing they weren't willing to do was to discount the price of the GC from the total, which is fine because I'll definitely use it.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter