- - - - -

3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#481 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

3ds has dead pixels too ):?... Dang mayb getting warranty will kill this deal 4 me

Yeah, bright white pixel dead center. Admittedly, though, I've owned every single iteration of the DS and 3DS up to this point and this is the first issue like this I've had.

I know Best Buy will exchange it and, worst case scenario, it can always be sent to Nintendo for free.

Honestly, it's nothing I'd worry about. I'm just annoyed because of the timing, since I picked it up to take it with me on holiday in a week.

#482 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, bright white pixel dead center. Admittedly, though, I've owned every single iteration of the DS and 3DS up to this point and this is the first issue like this I've had.

I know Best Buy will exchange it and, worst case scenario, it can always be sent to Nintendo for free.

Honestly, it's nothing I'd worry about. I'm just annoyed because of the timing, since I picked it up to take it with me on holiday in a week.

Ahh i see. Hopefully i wont run into this when i buy one this week, your the first to report about a pixel in this thread so hopefully all goes well.

#483 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you tell them that "you went to target" and they allowed a pricematch when you didn't, then yes you are lying. The ways you try to justify each lie make you sound like a 5 yr old. Just admit it, you're one shady mofo. :)

I did go to Target and asked for a price match, and I did prefer to purchase at BB for the RZ points. No lying there. I think you got the impression that I was trying to lie because of the stuff I put in parenthesis which is just to help others in case they didn't know how to go about this PM.

#484 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Now you have me wanting to buy a 3DSxl from target. I had told myself I could wait until I cleared my 10 year backlog. But my kids might enjoy it and i have my Vita.

#485 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I want one so baddddddd im going to try to pm at target first and see if i can get the 20$ gc if not ill proab buy from bb

#486 FriscoDude

FriscoDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Did anyone have any luck pm Toys R Us for this deal? I think someone mentioned you either get one or the other, but I was wondering if someone was able to get the $30 gc and $159 price too.

#487 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Out of the two I'd rather have get the red one but I want the free game ... I hate dilemmas. Any reason to not want the game or anyway to completely cover up the blue, such as an aluminum case?

#488 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Out of the two I'd rather have get the red one but I want the free game ... I hate dilemmas. Any reason to not want the game or anyway to completely cover up the blue, such as an aluminum case?

The blue is much less toy looking in person. You may just dig the color.

As for covering it, you don't see it while playing if that makes and difference.

#489 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Mission Successful here. Just got back from my local Super Target with a successful Price match + $20 gift card. I was not expecting the GC since i was price matching but they provided it with no questions asked.

I was also able to Snag the Blue 3DSXL with Mario Kart Pre-Installed even though i already own it for extra bonus points.

Edit: I actually wanted the blue since i have the Mario DSiXL and was pleasantly surprised how much nicer the blue was out of the box. It has somewhat of a matte metallic look to it. Very Nice.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#490 MakaveliLPC

MakaveliLPC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Anyone know any easy ways to transfer GS credit to Best Buy? It doesnt have to be a flip, it could be at a loss. I want this bundle and I have $300 in GS credit.

#491 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Anyone know any easy ways to transfer GS credit to Best Buy? It doesnt have to be a flip, it could be at a loss. I want this bundle and I have $300 in GS credit.

http://www.cheapassg...96#post10266696

----------

Also I bought mine today! They were out of the Mario one, so I ended up just getting the Red one, but hoping by some miracle they get some in stock by Saturday to do some exchange, but obviously there is a 0.000001% chance of that happening.

Still a good deal after the free $85 from American Express and Halo! So $74.99 prior to tax. Not a bad deal!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#492 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

I second this, anyone?

#493 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

If you're trying to transfer credit, even at a loss, then just eat the loss and buy the bundle at GameStop with your store credit. By the time you drive back and forth to Best Buy you've wasted your store credit, your time and gas money equivalent of about $40.

#494 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

got the blue 3ds xl mario kart bundle at target for $160 plus tax with the $20 gc no problem.
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#495 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Got a straight up "we can't do both" at one Target. The other one I visited called the manager over and then she proceeded to think about it for several minutes before eventually arriving at the same conclusion. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

#496 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Got a straight up "we can't do both" at one Target. The other one I visited called the manager over and then she proceeded to think about it for several minutes before eventually arriving at the same conclusion. Hopefully you guys have better luck.

Bummer.

I'm curious (and have a theory): Is that particular Target store close to other retailers that sell similar products?

#497 notman

notman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I was able to get the deal at target plus the gift card. The first girl said she couldn't match since there was already a promotion, then called a manager and did it with no questions.

#498 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

anyone knows if you can do a price-match with Target over the phone?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#499 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Bummer.

I'm curious (and have a theory): Is that particular Target store close to other retailers that sell similar products?

Both were within a mile from a Gamestop or Best Buy.

#500 Kadamas

Kadamas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I got the Pink 3DS XL at Best Buy. Target didn't have 'em and besides, I like the influx of points.

I'm glad I waited to get an XL over a regular one, the screens look fantastic even with my old DS games. Too bad I don't have time to play with it for the next few weeks.
Posted Image

#501 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Both were within a mile from a Gamestop or Best Buy.

Well, there goes my theory!

Thanks.

#502 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

can't amazon and nintendo get over their issue so they can go back to price matching best buys console sales???

#503 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

called my local Target, they said no :/
should I go down and try anyway?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#504 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I would say no. Just a guess, but it sounds like only 25% are successful in getting the full price match.

Unless you have oodles of time to spare. After losing out on matching the $20 gift card offer, I have rationalized that I will just work a half hour of OT at my job, and use that $ to compensate for my "loss" and not spend that half hour arguing with customer service.

#505 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I would say no. Just a guess, but it sounds like only 25% are successful in getting the full price match.

Unless you have oodles of time to spare. After losing out on matching the $20 gift card offer, I have rationalized that I will just work a half hour of OT at my job, and use that $ to compensate for my "loss" and not spend that half hour arguing with customer service.

realised i shouldn't have called and alerted them either :/

think i'll need to go down anyway. BestBuy no longer ships and Target is nearer.

#506 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Well, good luck. I know half the fun of this hobby is getting a killer deal. But when I don't "win" I feel like I've wasted my time. And time = money as they say.

#507 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

I say give it a go. It's massively easier to say no over the phone than it is in person when company policy is to PM.

#508 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I would give it a shot at Target in-store. Associate told me ahead of time that I would get a gift card with it as well as the savings. You should know within a couple of minutes if it is going to work or not. If it doesn't, just grab it at Best Buy.

#509 pstriple

pstriple

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Wow all the Best Buys near me seem cleaned out of XL Bundles. I put an in-store pick up order on Sunday, hope they actually set one aside since I won't be able to get to the store till Friday after Finals are done. Maybe I'll hit up Target first to try and score the GC as well, but won't be surprised if they don't bite.

#510 tcextreme

tcextreme

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hey all! I made an account just to say thank you for all the great information regarding 3DS XL pricing - finally managed to pick one up! :)

(Had to wait for probation period to expire though, haha)