3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#541 Prinnybomb

Prinnybomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Has anyone tried stacking Target's $10 gift card after buying $50 or more coupon after price matching Best Buy's price with the free $20 gift card?

#542 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Has anyone tried stacking Target's $10 gift card after buying $50 or more coupon after price matching Best Buy's price with the free $20 gift card?

Someone in SD said they did it but the manager would only give them 2 $10 GC and the $20 GC. That's probably VERY YMMV though since some of us weren't even able to get the the $20 GC.
Posted Image

#543 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Oh darn. That would mean having to sell my retail copy and all my save info. :(

Still worth it. Nintendo announced in the spring that they'll have a utility for transferring save data from cartridges to digital copies. MK7 will retain it's value as a first-party 3DS game, and in the meantime you can still play your cartridge on the XL. I've already done it, and the system doesn't mind that there are two MK7s available on the home screen =) Just do yourself a favor and don't boot the digital copy and confuse SpotPass/StreetPass data between copies.

I'll likely sell my cartridge once I can transfer save data. It's definitely cool to have full games stored on your system, I'd just likely never purchase them for MSRP off the eShop. At least a game like MK has quite a bit of replayability with MP.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#544 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yes.

We also used a $10 off $100 or more coupon with our purchase. Total was just under $150 after tax.

#545 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Yes.

We also used a $10 off $100 or more coupon with our purchase. Total was just under $150 after tax.

Can you share what you got out of it?. And how many 10$ gc's did u get? Mightaswell do this if they dont give the 20$ gc after pm

#546 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Do the ones in the mario kart 3ds xl bundles still have screen scratching problems. I just looked it up on youtube and other sites but those are from like September.

#547 Prinnybomb

Prinnybomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Dang I bought the 3ds xl mk7 bundle yesterday pming at Target and got the $20 gift card for $170 after tax. Do you guys think they would refund me the difference if I bring in the receipt and show the coupon even after I opened the box?

#548 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Dang I bought the 3ds xl mk7 bundle yesterday pming at Target and got the $20 gift card for $170 after tax. Do you guys think they would refund me the difference if I bring in the receipt and show the coupon even after I opened the box?

Proabably not... And did you get your 20$ gc w/ ease?. I think u shud still try but its a coupon and they dont have to give you that

#549 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Can you share what you got out of it?. And how many 10$ gc's did u get? Mightaswell do this if they dont give the 20$ gc after pm

I think I detailed what we got earlier in the thread but just in case:

This was all done in the electronics dept, no need to go up front to CS. Asked about the PM and showed clerk the ad. He grabbed it out of the case, made the change at the register. We paid with a $10 GC and a Target $10 off "$100 or more" coupon we got last week while grocery shopping. Clerk didn't even bat an eye at giving us the $20 GC, he just swiped it and handed it to us with the unit in a plastic bag.

I now realize this may have been a bit of a different situation than what you were initially asking about. Doh!

#550 afireinside7444

afireinside7444

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Glad I signed in for the first time in forever, went and go a Kart pack transferred everything over but my concern too is Losing the save data off my cartridge MKart to the digital one now on the system..... Is their any way to do this yet before I sell my Aqua 3ds/MKart?? Got the new one for $168 + $20 gc worked for me. I have my Old system and MK7 selling for $130 and a few interested

#551 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

I think I detailed what we got earlier in the thread but just in case:

This was all done in the electronics dept, no need to go up front to CS. Asked about the PM and showed clerk the ad. He grabbed it out of the case, made the change at the register. We paid with a $10 GC and a Target $10 off "$100 or more" coupon we got last week while grocery shopping. Clerk didn't even bat an eye at giving us the $20 GC, he just swiped it and handed it to us with the unit in a plastic bag.

I now realize this may have been a bit of a different situation than what you were initially asking about. Doh!

Ohh yup. Because theres a coupon for spend 50$ get 10$ gc and so i was wondering if i shud print 3 and see if getting 30$ back is a better deal if i dont get a 20$ gc

#552 Prinnybomb

Prinnybomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Yeah I got the $20 gc no problem at a target near my school. I think I'm gonna go try tomorrow and find out, but not really getting my hopes up. I wish I waited a bit longer to bite on this deal.

#553 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Do the ones in the mario kart 3ds xl bundles still have screen scratching problems. I just looked it up on youtube and other sites but those are from like September.

No, they don't have the screen scratching issue. You can look through the side when it's closed and see that there's a pretty good gap between the screens.

#554 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Yeah I got the $20 gc no problem at a target near my school. I think I'm gonna go try tomorrow and find out, but not really getting my hopes up. I wish I waited a bit longer to bite on this deal.

Oh , im wondering if i print out the coupons if they would still give me the 20$ coupon proab not...

#555 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Ohh yup. Because theres a coupon for spend 50$ get 10$ gc and so i was wondering if i shud print 3 and see if getting 30$ back is a better deal if i dont get a 20$ gc

Highly unlikely that they would honor more than one of the $10 off $50 coupons on one order. It might even say on the coupon something about that.

#556 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Just got my 3DS XL Blue. As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to let go of the 3DS Cosmo Black. I am so attached to it... :cry:
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#557 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Highly unlikely that they would honor more than one of the $10 off $50 coupons on one order. It might even say on the coupon something about that.

Oh, im going to try this im still not sure if they will give me a 20$ gc yet after pm

#558 afireinside7444

afireinside7444

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

I am also Bummed to get rid of my Aqua.......... But anyone on the fence MAN These screens are FUGGIN huge and the larger system is easier to handle. My hands would cramp all the time and squinting to see the screen sucked.....

#559 giggle8803

giggle8803

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Price matched at the Target CS counter and got the $20 GC without a problem.
I was in a hurry and forgot about the $10 GC with $50 purchase coupon in my purse :( Oh well, I know I can spend that on something else :)

#560 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Price matched at the Target CS counter and got the $20 GC without a problem.
I was in a hurry and forgot about the $10 GC with $50 purchase coupon in my purse :( Oh well, I know I can spend that on something else :)

Did you ask for the gc or did they just gave it to u?

#561 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Best buy wont match the $20 GC from Target...something about not allowing a match on a bundle sale???
Posted Image

#562 giggle8803

giggle8803

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Did you ask for the gc or did they just gave it to u?

Just gave it to me, no asking involved.

It was 5:20 and there were at least 5 people in line behind me at the CS counter. The cashier and the manager who punched in her code to approve the pm were in kind of a "just keep em moving" mode. Neither of them batted an eye. Hope everyone is just as lucky!

Edited by giggle8803, 13 December 2012 - 02:47 AM.
adding more info

#563 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Oh, im going to try this im still not sure if they will give me a 20$ gc yet after pm

Best of luck! :D

I hope your hassle was as minimal as ours was.

#564 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Sweet! Got a 3ds xl for 169$ tax included and got the 20$ gc no questions asked and gave them the 10$ gc for spending 50$ or more.. And pm kmart to get new super mario bros 2 for 30$ so in all i spend only 172$ for everything.

#565 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#566 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

No MK7 bundles in my area T_T
Posted Image

#567 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I am having the hardest time finding Hori Screen protectors. I was hoping to get them ASAP via Amazon or local TRU but no luck.

Whats so special about them? I bought a screen protector from gs w/ my leftover credit. But it only covers the bottom

#568 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I ordered mine from Gamestop.com yesterday. If you spend at least $25, you get free value shipping. http://www.gamestop....e-filter/104724.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#569 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

My co-worker at Walmart managed to price match Best Buy's flyer for the Mario Kart 7 bundle.

YMMV.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#570 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

I was able to pm the mk7 bundle at the chino CA target off grand ave. There were about 6 left in the display case. I just showed the bb price on my tablet to cs. I also got the $20 gc as well as a $10 gc after using the coupon which expires Dec 15 (receive $10 gc for spending at least $50). Asked if I could use multiple coupons but csr said only one per transaction. Selling my flame red 3ds for $125 via cl today. As others have noted, the blue looks fugly in pictures but I think it looks pretty cool once you have it in your hands.