3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

• Please log in to reply
612 replies to this topic

#61 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

I'd pick it up, but i think I'll wait until the next Pokemon game comes out to buy one. lol I have 3 DS systems(diff models) and the only games i own are Pokemon games.

#62 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

What stores will retroactively price match this if I buy the system this week?

Will Target do that?

#63 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Will Target do that?

Best Buy will, but I'm not sure about Target.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#64 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

I been holding out due to not having a 2nd analog.
So they release a piece to attach to the 3ds, butwhat about the 3ds xl?
Did they ever make one for the XL?

Did any of the 3DS games ever really need a 2nd analog? I play my kids 3ds all of the time and I have yet to feel I need another analog controller.

#65 Lirath15

Lirath15

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Did any of the 3DS games ever really need a 2nd analog? I play my kids 3ds all of the time and I have yet to feel I need another analog controller.

Revelations, but that came with a circle pad pro iirc.

#66 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Curious anyone here know if the XL would be too big for a small child? Say a 7 - 9 year old girl? I have a family member that wants a pink 3DS and this might be the ticket here.

#67 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP! I was going to wait untill Animal Crossing came out (since that's the one i'm DYING to get) but I'm pretty sure I won't see a deal like this anytime before then. THANKS!

#68 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Curious anyone here know if the XL would be too big for a small child? Say a 7 - 9 year old girl? I have a family member that wants a pink 3DS and this might be the ticket here.

Nah!!

#69 .Virus

.Virus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

thanks OP thinking about using my certs on this...

#70 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I blame that on nintendo not being wise enough to include a second stick, espcaily after the years PSP got bitched about by not having a 2nd stick.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#71 bobbarker24

bobbarker24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Looks like i'm finally gonna upgrade my 3DS, only thing that would keep me from upgrading at this point would be hearing news about new 3ds XL colors in today's Nintendo Direct.

#72 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Why do I have a gut feeling the Mario Kart 7 bundle isn't part of this deal?

#73 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Why do I have a gut feeling the Mario Kart 7 bundle isn't part of this deal?

Because it won't be. Doesn't make sense for it to be part of the deal.

That being said, if on the .00000000000000000000001% chance it is, instant buy.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#74 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

I been holding out due to not having a 2nd analog.
So they release a piece to attach to the 3ds, butwhat about the 3ds xl?
Did they ever make one for the XL?

As someone already said, it's only available in Japan so far unless you import.

It makes it almost the same size as the Vita with the Nyko Powergrip in case that matters to you. I mainly game at home, so it doesn't bother me.

Spoiler

#75 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Will Target do that?

I think Target is 7 or 14 days, I'm not sure how or if they have a Holiday policy right now. I think Best Buy would be your best bet unless you have a red card.

#76 spcheap

spcheap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hmm well I have the Mario kart xl for 200 with 30 giftcard, is this deal really better?

Edit...yah im going with this glad I kept 3dsxl unopened Im good with just the virtue game to start :-)

Edited by spcheap, 05 December 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#77 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

would toys r us price match this?

#78 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Is the pink/white XL even available in the US? or did the OP mistake this as a non XL sale price?

Edit: Never mind, just read the Best Buy ad thread and it is indeed the XL, apparently Pink/White version launches 12/9. Very tempted to pick one up at this price.

Edited by RiPPn, 05 December 2012 - 11:08 AM.

125365.png

#79 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Is the pink/white XL even available in the US? or did the OP mistake this as a non XL sale price?

No mistake. He also says it also shows the nonXL for $129.

#80 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I just picked up a MK7 bundle from TRU today (I'm a fan of MK) but still find myself interested in this deal. $160 for the 3DS XL alone vs an MK7 bundle with $30 GC. For a fan of the MK series who doesn't mind the game being preinstalled, the TRU bundle is the better deal right?

Kid Icarus Uprising would have benefited greatly from a 2nd analog. In addition to that, any FPS game would benefit from one as well.

Holding off on this too. Need better colors, some free actual game carts tossed in and more than 2 or 3 console exclusives that I've been itching to play.

Dude, that has got to be the best sig animation EVAR!!! :D

#81 joshb123

joshb123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

I am so mad right now I just bought the xl Mario kart bundle from gamestop yesterday. Does anyone know the return policy?

#82 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I am so mad right now I just bought the xl Mario kart bundle from gamestop yesterday. Does anyone know the return policy?

Im not Sure is it opened? I dont think you can return it . Maybe store credit

#83 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

damn at $160 the 3DS XL is very tempting but thing is I would probably end up barely playing it just like when I got the original DS. Now if they ever have a $130-$150 Mario bundle I may not be able to resist

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#84 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

So not sure if I'm allowed to ask this so I apologize in advance, but does anyone know if a ds wood r4 cart would work on a 3ds xl?

Thanks in advance

#85 guaglio

guaglio

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I know I'm not alone in struggling with the decision to keep the TRU gift card deal, but does anyone have any experience with returning an item after having used the free gift card? I thought I saw something about TRU having you "return" the card by charging you the amount, but I can't find confirmation.

#86 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Bought mine a month ago at Best Buy for $180, but maybe I need a second one....

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#87 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I know I'm not alone in struggling with the decision to keep the TRU gift card deal, but does anyone have any experience with returning an item after having used the free gift card? I thought I saw something about TRU having you "return" the card by charging you the amount, but I can't find confirmation.

They should have adjusted the return value of the item you purchased to offset the value of the "free" gift card. You should be able to see this on your receipt.

#88 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Shit, I've been sitting here debating about the Mario Kart bundle/GC deal and finally decided against it... and now this? Sigh.

I hate it because I've been holding out for new colors, but $160 at a time where I have the extra cash? Damn you, Best Buy. My willpower may not be strong enough.

#89 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

I was planning to trade in my 3DS at Best Buy before BF but their trading system was down, so I couldn't trade it in. Now the trade in values have dropped.

#90 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Is the Nintendo 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle the same as the non-bundle?
Or is the Mario Kart bundle an newer/updated model?
Debating whether to return my Mario Kart Bundle since I don't care much for the game and rather save $40 dollars plus tax.